• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Current +4 MLB Draft : CHAT

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lineup:

1) Christian Yelich(LF)
2) Troy Tulowitzki(SS)
3) Ken Griffey Jr.(CF)
4) Giancarlo Stanton(RF)
5) Edwin Encarnacion(1B)
6) Mike Piazza(C)
7) Mike Moustakas(3B)
8) A.J Pollock(DH)
9) Dee Gordon(2B)

Rotation:

1. Nolan Ryan (R) -
2. Chris Sale (L)
3. Jake Arrieta (R)
4. Noah Syndergaard (R)
5. Steven Matz (L)

BULLPEN

Trevor Hoffman (R) - Closer
Roberto Osuna (R)
Steve Cishek (R)
Antonio Bastardo (L)

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My lineup is fine, if you wanted to switch Hubbell and Grienke in rotation that would be ok

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@UK Cowboy & @broncosmitty what are your views on a rolled bat...? Dash has a composite and I've been trying to break it in and a guy suggested I get it rolled... After looking it up because I didn't know what the hell he was talking about it seems like it's not "bad" but it doesn't seem right... I saw the shaved bats and that's definitely illegal... But the rolled bats I'm not sure about... Let me know what you think because this is all new to me and I definitely don't want to start Dash on the road to illegal stuff to get ahead...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@UK Cowboy & @broncosmitty what are your views on a rolled bat...? Dash has a composite and I've been trying to break it in and a guy suggested I get it rolled... After looking it up because I didn't know what the hell he was talking about it seems like it's not "bad" but it doesn't seem right... I saw the shaved bats and that's definitely illegal... But the rolled bats I'm not sure about... Let me know what you think because this is all new to me and I definitely don't want to start Dash on the road to illegal stuff to get ahead...
I know a guy that "loads" bats. Which is illegal for competition, but fun for home run derby. I don't think I've heard of rolling.

Okay, looked it up....

How much do you like throwing BP?

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know a guy that "loads" bats. Which is illegal for competition, but fun for home run derby. I don't think I've heard of rolling.

Okay, looked it up....

How much do you like throwing BP?

We do a little, I use his bat now when I hit grounders and what not or hold the ball and hit it against the bat when I'm not doing anything... But from what I was reading it more like 500-1000 hits to really break it in... If act soon I could have it back by next practice and they claim it will be evenly broken in as opposed to me missing parts... I'm sceptical but after seeing what they do and how it works it makes a ton of sense... But then why doesn't people like Dicks sporting goods offer it but offer the glove break in if it's legal...? The guy and the sites I've come across basically say it's like the don't ask don't tell thing lol... :noidea:

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it only costs $30... It's well worth the time of 500-1000 hits rotating 1/4 turn after every hit... :nod:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually know a guy that has a rolling machine at his hitting academy lol. I know a lot of people who send them to Arizona to get them rolled for $50. Rolling a bat will definitely make it hot, super hot, but it will also seriously decrease the life of the bat, and once it goes, or goes. I never got Easy a rolled bat, in the end, if your swing is sweet, anything works, including wood.
Side note, first varsity scrimmage of Easy's SR year, 2-4, 2 RBI, 2 runs and a steal. One out was at the CF wall into a 20 mph wind on a 40 degree night. Gonna be a fun year

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually know a guy that has a rolling machine at his hitting academy lol. I know a lot of people who send them to Arizona to get them rolled for $50. Rolling a bat will definitely make it hot, super hot, but it will also seriously decrease the life of the bat, and once it goes, or goes. I never got Easy a rolled bat, in the end, if your swing is sweet, anything works, including wood.
Side note, first varsity scrimmage of Easy's SR year, 2-4, 2 RBI, 2 runs and a steal. One out was at the CF wall into a 20 mph wind on a 40 degree night. Gonna be a fun year

Great point on the life... I'd planned on him using it this year and next only... It might not make it if I get it rolled... Hmmm... Would you consider it shaved bad, steroids bad or just bad form...?

Sounds like he's ready to get this thing Rollin!!! Keep the highlight reel up to date... :nod:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great point on the life... I'd planned on him using it this year and next only... It might not make it if I get it rolled... Hmmm... Would you consider it shaved bad, steroids bad or just bad form...?

Sounds like he's ready to get this thing Rollin!!! Keep the highlight reel up to date... :nod:
Bad form. It also hurts more than it helps. If you start rolling his bat, mentally, he will think that gives him an edge, but at some point when his bat isn't rolled and he isn't hitting it as far at 13 as he was when he was 11(when he actually is) it will work against him. If you know other guys roll bats, use it against them, let Dash know he can compete or beat those guys without an unfair edge

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howdy Gents, whats shakin, y'all ready to get the playoff started?

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once Clark picks we can get to adds/drops