• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cueto down again

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As lax as US regulations are, I suspect foreign rules are even easier to avade. One of the biggest "benefits" of banned substances isn't bulk or strength, it's healing. Cueto needed to heal. I'm paranoid there.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not like the Dominicans have a history of amping up, is it?

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not an exclusive indictment. BALCO was in the SF Bay Area, but convenient that BioGenisis is in Miami. Lotsa connections to U.Miami in that list, and recent names show much higher PCT among the Latins than other demographics in those 20 named. May be coincidence. May be a trend, or at least a point worth investigating.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say if Cueto did the crime, then I'd be the first guy to say he ought to do the time. I don't intend to be like Brewers fans and insist that since he "got off," he was innocent. PEDs is not a "NIMBY" issue with me or anybody else who cares about baseball.

I have never heard that Cueto was even suspect ... but something smells a little like a Biogenesis rat here.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have a blister, you use a band aid, leave short innings, or miss a start. If you are sore, you jacuzzi, ice if swollen, and only DL if INJURED. 25 years ago if you pulled a hammy, they TAPED it. Now they take 6 weeks off and play golf. With all this technology, seems they don't diagnose very well. I think there is a little schidt in the shinola here.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Heisey hasn't played since they invented color television. That was a hamstring problem? Really?

chico ruiz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
those are parts of the truth. but, there is more. for some reason, many fans want to ignore the power of the mlbpa and their culpability in this god awful peds mess. as i've said before, i think we are all culpable to some degree. and then there's multi-millionaire players who can afford a high priced lawyer to concoct some legal cockamamie theory that presents a grain of reasonable doubt. the braun chain of custody argument was right up there with the glove of o.j. forget about numbers, hat size, shrinky dink, and all the other evidence. what braun paid his lawyer is probably what the major league yearly minimum salary is, if not more. you are correct 1507. i'm not a big jose conseco fan, but - you know what? he was telling the truth. not palmeiro. by the way, ever seen any film of andre dawson or mickey mantle's legs getting taped before a game?

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far, everything Canseco said has been true. The truth is always easier, you don't have to remember a lie. Bud Selig is the guy they need to interrogate under the hot lights... and he's still in charge. It's like appointing John Gotti as FBI director, and believing he's working to clean up organized crime.

chico ruiz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, but again, having to negotiate with the mlbpa can't be easy. it's not a monarchy. the players union is strong and will protect them at all costs, and they have to agree to new stricter penalties. and there it is again; money. lots and lots of money in their coffers as well. however, i think mlb may have the upper hand in this biogenesis fiasco. follow the money (and lawyers) as this one shakes out. big money, going in all directions.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They aren't going to strike again any time soon, especially now with all the big dollar stars legitimacy being questioned by fans, pressure on MLB and owners to be police, and the lawyers tinkering with good behavior clauses and suspensions as potential financial relief. Bud Selig is scared, because he knows his level of knowledge, and he doesn't want to have to spend that retirement check as Bernie Madhoffs cell mate.

Suspend them. Ban them. Then fire Bud Selig and replace him with someone with a moral imperative. The MLBPA will fold like Billy Hunters NBA "strong arm" did. Doing the right thing always sells.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congress forced Selig to act on PEDs in the first place. If they can influence the IRS, you think MLB or the Supreme Court is out of bounds? I'd roast these players. Expose the MLBPA and agents as conspirators. Where would MLB be if they were soft on the Black Sox ? Las Vegas would own all the teams. Can't stop with baseball, but baseball has always been first. Ya think the PED testing in the NFL and NBA is working ?

Diplomacy, ain't working.

chico ruiz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's kind of my point in a indirect way. we don't live in a democracy. it's a plutocracy. moral imperatives? doing the right thing? i wholeheartedly agree with u 1507. but, a lot of the participants in this charade are already bought and paid for. this IS what we've become. this progession of events has taken place for the last 3 decades, and we haven't made nearly enough noise about it.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what it's worth, expect about 120,000 fans in the ballpark in the next 3 days, TV (regional, then national) and a zillion fans tuning in via the Internet to see if Yadi poops on Brandon's shoes. I can't estimate what the gross profits for this series alone will mean to MLB, the teams and the sponsors.

Some pigs are indeed more equal than others.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chico, it's time we did make noise. Last time I checked, were the ones paying for the whole thing. Justice is cheap, it's screwing everyone that is expensive.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a beautiful day, should be a great weekend, and were lucky enough to have a team worth watching. Enjoy. All that is pretty brief in the greater scheme of things.

chico ruiz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly right john & 1507. enjoy the game this weekend john. check out the kids around you having the time of their lives. i boycotted baseball for 2 years. in other words, i declined to purchase any ticket for a MLB game. turns out, of course, i love this game too much. and as 1507 points out, that's what really hurts the most. our love of the game being turned against us, and that feeling of betrayal. my gut feeling is being an ex-professional ball player that this cuts even a little deeper for mr. 1507.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I spend most of my time at the minor league games, mainly because I won't bother to go to Chicago for either team. I suppose if I was there and had a ticket, I'd probably go in.

I boycotted MLB for a whole lot longer than 2 years ... started with the 1981 strike and lasted until 2006. Hell, there were a lot of years I couldn't tell you who the Reds lineup was. I doubt they could either, part of the time.

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UGH.... The 1981 strike.....still can't figure out how the best record in baseball didn't make the playoffs.

Then came that sweet 1982 season. I still went to the games and enjoyed baseball, although it was a brand of baseball I hadn't seen in Cincinnati before. LOL

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never considered boycotting. For me, baseball is like water for a fish. I'll live longer in dirty water than without.