• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: CU @ AZ

nogicat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you go onto AZ Athletics to try and buy tickets for MBB it shows that all 6 of the remaining home conference games are sold out.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you go onto AZ Athletics to try and buy tickets for MBB it shows that all 6 of the remaining home conference games are sold out.

For sure. I think the only place you'll find tickets are at stubhub, unless you are including that.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching that Seahawks/49ers game with no rooting interest... I have to say I dislike everything about the way that Richard Sherman runs his mouth in between plays and like everything about how he plays on the field.

A bit of healthy trash talking is a part of sports, but that dude takes it way too far. Hard to believe that a classless dude like that went to Stanford.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching that Seahawks/49ers game with no rooting interest... I have to say I dislike everything about the way that Richard Sherman runs his mouth in between plays and like everything about how he plays on the field.

A bit of healthy trash talking is a part of sports, but that dude takes it way too far. Hard to believe that a classless dude like that went to Stanford.

Didn't see it, but I will say that Oregon has some serious problems.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How I rank the Pac12 right now....
1. Arizona
2. Cal
3. UCLA
4. Stanford
5. Colorado
6. Utah
7. Oregon
8. Washington
9. Oregon St.
10. Arizona St.
11. Washington St.
12. USC

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon Wizzard of OZ quote "I'm shrinking" LOL

FORKWDEVIL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

totally agree. I bet Crabtree pissed him off with the 'face push' but don't pat a man on the behind after a "in your face" play like that.

I am still going to root for the NFC champs but I kinda hope Sherman gets taste vs the Broncos.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How I rank the Pac12 right now....
1. Arizona
2. Cal
3. UCLA
4. Stanford
5. Colorado
6. Utah
7. Oregon
8. Washington
9. Oregon St.
10. Arizona St.
11. Washington St.
12. USC

That's pretty close. I might switch a few around based on potential, but as far as how it's shaking out right now, that's about right.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one would've said this going into the season, but....

The way things are looking right now in the Pac12, this week and next week has to be considered the toughest 2-week stretch in conference play for Arizona.

(In feb, they get the reverse of this... @Utah/Col, home vs Stanford/Cal)

FORKWDEVIL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great article that was posted on PGU:

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/ua/...has-returned-tucson-arizonas-sean-miller.html

Hear that ASU, better get on board!!!!

I have to argue that the University of Arizona Basketball program is the best sports team in the State of Arizona. I guess my criteria starts with current success, and from there goes to potential success (recruiting, facilities), production (revenue, NBA draft picks), fan base, tradition and past success, and national notoriety. Some of the other sports teams in the state are equal on some of the factors, but none of them have the consistently high ratings across the board that this sports team has. Face it, AZ basketball is Arizona's team!!!!

no shit Sherlock!

FORKWDEVIL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great article that was posted on PGU:

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/ua/...has-returned-tucson-arizonas-sean-miller.html

Hear that ASU, better get on board!!!!

I have to argue that the University of Arizona Basketball program is the best sports team in the State of Arizona. I guess my criteria starts with current success, and from there goes to potential success (recruiting, facilities), production (revenue, NBA draft picks), fan base, tradition and past success, and national notoriety. Some of the other sports teams in the state are equal on some of the factors, but none of them have the consistently high ratings across the board that this sports team has. Face it, AZ basketball is Arizona's team!!!!

One factual statement that I totally concur and nobody can change my mind "Tucson is often ridiculed for being a slow-paced, small town without big-city amenities"

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One factual statement that I totally concur and nobody can change my mind "Tucson is often ridiculed for being a slow-paced, small town without big-city amenities"

It's all a matter of perspective. If that's how you feel, then I wouldn't count on anyone changing your mind on it. But I live in San Antonio now, and I'm trying to get back to Tucson. I miss the Catalinas, and the hiking. I also like the ability to get anywhere in the city in less than a half an hour from my house (just north of campus).

My brother has been trying to get me to move to PHX (where he lives) for a decade now. He's offered to let me stay for free at his house (while I went to grad school), etc. But I just hate PHX. To me it's a concrete desert. I'm not really interested in the big-city amenities, and it just seems to me to be a vast sprawl of everything looking the same, and not being able to get anywhere in less than an hour. If you were to drop me off in any spot in PHX, without looking around beyond what was right in front of me, there is about a 90% chance that I wouldn't be able to tell. PHX is over run by track homes that all look the same, with the same landscaping, and the same highways.

I'm not saying that Tucson looks nicer, but at least it offers variation. The northside looks different from the eastside, which looks different from the westside, which looks different than the foothills, which looks different than campus or downtown, which looks different from the southside. In PHX I cant tell the difference between the suburbs. Peoria and Scottsdale are the only ones that look different. Track homes are just dominating every suburb in PHX.

I like the university being in the middle of the city, like everything revolves around it. ASU is like stuck in Tempe, hiding behind some bare hills. The AZ campus is the most recognizable and most established landmark behind downtown. THere are 8,000 foot peaks a half hour drive from the city, and beautiful foothills that surround the city with far more of a natural beauty than anywhere around PHX but Scottsdale and maybe Anthem.

I get it, but besides the warm weather in the winter, PHX is so far down on my list of places to live in the west. To me, it's like a big El Paso. It's like Vegas without the Strip.

Tucson has hiking, camping, hunting, off-roading, and mountains with pine trees, cool temps, lakes at 7,000 ft, all within a half hour of the city. I'll take all of that over big-city amenities, any day.

FORKWDEVIL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all a matter of perspective. If that's how you feel, then I wouldn't count on anyone changing your mind on it. But I live in San Antonio now, and I'm trying to get back to Tucson. I miss the Catalinas, and the hiking. I also like the ability to get anywhere in the city in less than a half an hour from my house (just north of campus).

My brother has been trying to get me to move to PHX (where he lives) for a decade now. He's offered to let me stay for free at his house (while I went to grad school), etc. But I just hate PHX. To me it's a concrete desert. I'm not really interested in the big-city amenities, and it just seems to me to be a vast sprawl of everything looking the same, and not being able to get anywhere in less than an hour. If you were to drop me off in any spot in PHX, without looking around beyond what was right in front of me, there is about a 90% chance that I wouldn't be able to tell. PHX is over run by track homes that all look the same, with the same landscaping, and the same highways.

I'm not saying that Tucson looks nicer, but at least it offers variation. The northside looks different from the eastside, which looks different from the westside, which looks different than the foothills, which looks different than campus or downtown, which looks different from the southside. In PHX I cant tell the difference between the suburbs. Peoria and Scottsdale are the only ones that look different. Track homes are just dominating every suburb in PHX.

I like the university being in the middle of the city, like everything revolves around it. ASU is like stuck in Tempe, hiding behind some bare hills. The AZ campus is the most recognizable and most established landmark behind downtown. THere are 8,000 foot peaks a half hour drive from the city, and beautiful foothills that surround the city with far more of a natural beauty than anywhere around PHX but Scottsdale and maybe Anthem.

I get it, but besides the warm weather in the winter, PHX is so far down on my list of places to live in the west. To me, it's like a big El Paso. It's like Vegas without the Strip.

Tucson has hiking, camping, hunting, off-roading, and mountains with pine trees, cool temps, lakes at 7,000 ft, all within a half hour of the city. I'll take all of that over big-city amenities, any day.

first off get the fuck out of San Antonio! Talk about no mountains!
Second, I beg to differ. I can drive 12 minutes to Lake Pleasant, ATV ride, plenty of trails. I do live just 20 min from Univ of Phx Stadium (I live in Peoria). I can drive 40 minutes and I am practically in Sedona. Come on man.... plenty of outdoor activities in greater Maricopa County. I go to Tucson monthly for business and talk about "brown landscape" Maricopa County has plenty green.
Just shows how different we are I guess. Thanks for sharing your opinion.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
first off get the fuck out of San Antonio! Talk about no mountains!
Second, I beg to differ. I can drive 12 minutes to Lake Pleasant, ATV ride, plenty of trails. I do live just 20 min from Univ of Phx Stadium (I live in Peoria). I can drive 40 minutes and I am practically in Sedona. Come on man.... plenty of outdoor activities in greater Maricopa County. I go to Tucson monthly for business and talk about "brown landscape" Maricopa County has plenty green.
Just shows how different we are I guess. Thanks for sharing your opinion.

I get it, but that's because you live right there on the north side. Anyone who lives West, or south though is almost two hours away from those places. And Brown landscapes is not counting the foothills and the Catalinas/Rincons that is only a half hour away from straight up pine at 8,000 feet.

But yeah, it's like you said, it's all a matter of opinion.

Seriously though, I need to get the fuck out of San Antonio. I'm going through mountain withdrawals. I went on the "most scenic hike" in SA, and it was seriously walking up a little hill. I almost started choking people out, I was so disappointed.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ASU should see a spike in attendance on Feb 14th.

Truly pathetic. Their team could still make the big dance and although massively inferior to U of A, is something fans should be able to get behind.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCLA and the city of LA is pretty pathetic when it comes to loyalty. You have arguably the most successful basketball program in the nation with an exciting team and a newly renovated arena and you cant even put asses in the seats. Sad. What's even more sad is the city of LA doesn't even give a shit. I always wonder what top rated recruits think when they are playing home games in front of 20 people.

azchamps

Hoopla Cash
$ 84.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always wonder what top rated recruits think when they are playing home games in front of 20 people.

:doh:

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always wonder what top rated recruits think when they are playing home games in front of 20 people.

:doh:

Obviously I was exaggerating. Seriously though, it has to be a buzz kill when you put on that UCLA uniform and walk out to the court and see more seats than people.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's gotta help Miller with recruiting in that basketball rules Tucson. Every player on that team is a mini-God and celebrity there. The fans travel incredibly well too. You won't get that anywhere else in the PAC 12.

FORKWDEVIL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it, but that's because you live right there on the north side. Anyone who lives West, or south though is almost two hours away from those places. And Brown landscapes is not counting the foothills and the Catalinas/Rincons that is only a half hour away from straight up pine at 8,000 feet.

But yeah, it's like you said, it's all a matter of opinion.

Seriously though, I need to get the fuck out of San Antonio. I'm going through mountain withdrawals. I went on the "most scenic hike" in SA, and it was seriously walking up a little hill. I almost started choking people out, I was so disappointed.

I get it dude. Tucson welcomes you! Good luck staying #1