• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Coyotes @ Flyers 7pm CSN

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giroux doing a great job there with a shorthanded chance and then drawing a penalty.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what? I'm okay with that period. Still a few issues:

Mason's rebounding/control tonight is a little scary
Too many odd mans against at the beginning of the period
Silly penalties on Rinaldo and Giroux
Still a few issues clearing the zone sometimes.

But on the positive side:

The guys are playing like they want it (G in particular had a good first)
We are outshooting/chancing them
The goal was pretty fluky

Let's really open 'em up in the second and not only tie it, but then get the lead ('cuz our thirds probably still suck).

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Hartnell is apparently out for the night for an injury that I did not notice.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goal from RINALDO OF ALL PEOPLE.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we give it right back, fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3rd period, put up or shut up.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rinaldo, don't cross check guys.

Should you feel the need to cross check a guy, two things:

A) don't.
B) make sure he isn't fired directly at your goalie's face.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, must be pretty cold in that arena with all the fanning the Flyers are doing on these shots.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely horrific....I have no words and now the injuries start.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is an ugly team to watch boys. I think a road trip will be a good thing. Historically we suck at Joe Louis Arena, but my gut tells me a surprise may happen w a nice win in Detroit.

lhagen931

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is an ugly team to watch boys. I think a road trip will be a good thing. Historically we suck at Joe Louis Arena, but my gut tells me a surprise may happen w a nice win in Detroit.

we gotta start winning otherwise we will be buried in our Division and our Conference.

shrike19

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought last night was the best game they've played this season, hopefully it continues and the pucks starts going in. They didn't get trapped in their zone, or give the puck over as often in their zone, as they have been, and the breakout were better. Powerplay still sucks, but at least they were moving the puck in the zone at times. Stupid selfish penalties HAVE to stop, and people need to be benched when they continue to do it. They had some great chances that griess stopped, but geez how many times did they fan on shots......

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought last night was the best game they've played this season, hopefully it continues and the pucks starts going in. They didn't get trapped in their zone, or give the puck over as often in their zone, as they have been, and the breakout were better. Powerplay still sucks, but at least they were moving the puck in the zone at times. Stupid selfish penalties HAVE to stop, and people need to be benched when they continue to do it. They had some great chances that griess stopped, but geez how many times did they fan on shots......

I agree with this, but though the season is young, digging a 4-8 (12? 15?) point gap for yourselves while you figure it out is not the road to the playoffs. We've got a rough patch of schedule coming up, and we need to put it together quickly or we might only get 1-2 wins in October.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might seem like we have some of the worst luck imaginable while watching our games, but I think it has a lot more to do with opposing teams carrying out their gameplan better than we carry out ours. We didn't crash the net enough and they did. They utilized the power play at a critical point in the game when they had lost momentum and we didn't. I mean, could Adam Hall have possibly made a worse attempt in that penalty shot? At a time when we really needed a bounce-back goal, that was an absolute disgrace. That one failed shot attempt was our season to this point in a nutshell.

Basically, I'm saying that you make your own luck and while it may seem like we're just facing a hot goalie every single time out, the reality is that we're not pressuring any of them near enough, which makes it easy for all of them to look great.

Last edited by a moderator: