• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: [RS] (#73) 03/24/14 • Rangers v. Phoenix Coyotes • 7PM • MSG[HD]

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers, Flyers, Capitals, Blue Jackets,...oh my!

Say what you want about the Metro, but it's the most interesting division to follow IMO, nothing is for certain.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least St. Louis had a shot on goal this game. That is an improvement.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That explains it he must have had the flu since we traded for him.

Are we winning games? That's all that matters to me. He has 4 assists, the goals will come. Brassard and Zucc are heating up now.

We've won 4 in a row and sitting in a good position in 2nd in the Metro.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we winning games? That's all that matters to me. He has 4 assists, the goals will come. Brassard and Zucc are heating up now.

We've won 4 in a row and sitting in a good position in 2nd in the Metro.

Yea but we are winning without him which means we gave away good picks for no reason at all.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea but we are winning without him which means we gave away good picks for no reason at all.

Those players are hit or miss, you have no idea what they will be 3-5 years down the road. I hate that argument, i'm not saying you, it's all over Twitter as well. It's stupid, our pick is not the top overall pick where you know you're getting the real deal, it's a later round pick, you have no idea what these players will turn out to be.

Do you want me to sit here and name the list of first round picks we failed with? Jessiman, Del Zotto, Montoya, Korpikoski, Brendl, fact of the matter is, we are not great first rond pick drafters. Clark and Co have been much better finding talent in later rounds. We wanna win now, you wait for a player from the 2015 draft who wont be here till 2018 the earliest.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those players are hit or miss, you have no idea what they will be 3-5 years down the road. I hate that argument, i'm not saying you, it's all over Twitter as well. It's stupid, our pick is not the top overall pick where you know you're getting the real deal, it's a later round pick, you have no idea what these players will turn out to be.

Do you want me to sit here and name the list of first round picks we failed with? Jessiman, Del Zotto, Montoya, Korpikoski, Brendl, fact of the matter is, we are not great first rond pick drafters. Clark and Co have been much better finding talent in later rounds. We wanna win now, you wait for a player from the 2015 draft who wont be here till 2018 the earliest.

Im sure you also wanna win in the future what happens when Richards leaves and St. Louis retires and we dont have the cap to keep a few players where do the replacements come from? With the good teams its their AHL team. Our AHL team is pretty barren when it comes to talent. All the top teams in this league develop talent while we still operate like its the 80s.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as later round picks I view that round 4 and on that would mean Hags and Hank fall into that group then Girardi Cam and Zucc were UDFA. Throw Cally because we just traded him and thats a decent mix of players but other than Hank no one is a game changer I wouldnt try and build around any of them.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im sure you also wanna win in the future what happens when Richards leaves and St. Louis retires and we dont have the cap to keep a few players where do the replacements come from? With the good teams its their AHL team. Our AHL team is pretty barren when it comes to talent. All the top teams in this league develop talent while we still operate like its the 80s.

The cap will come from when those 2 retire and/or leave, you answered your own question..

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as later round picks I view that round 4 and on that would mean Hags and Hank fall into that group then Girardi Cam and Zucc were UDFA. Throw Cally because we just traded him and thats a decent mix of players but other than Hank no one is a game changer I wouldnt try and build around any of them.

Miller, Fast, Lindberg, Duclair, Buchenenovic, McIlrath, Allen, Haggerty, all guys capabale in the next 2-3 years to have a legit spot on this roster.

Not saying any of them will be like Hank, that's a dime a dozen, if that. Very rare you find a franchise player in the bottom of the draft, us and a team like the Wings have gotten lucky in doing so. But we're also not bottom feeders, nor will we ever be, so we will be missing out on top talents like Ekbald, Reinhart, McDavid and Eichel in the next 2 drafts.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cap will come from when those 2 retire and/or leave, you answered your own question..
Unless we dont want to keep Zucc Staal Krieder. Thats my point if we continue to ignore the draft we wont have anyone coming up thats how teams like the Blackhawk and Boston can stay top of the league for year after year. They pay the top players and have a good minor league options that are cheap they do not have to buy from other teams.

That being said sometimes a team thinks they are on the edge of being a cup winning team so they go out and get a guy. If that is the case with STL then I understand, but you get him to produce and its been nearly a month since we traded for him and he has zero goals. STL only function is to put up points so he deserves all the criticism he gets until he starts doing exactly that putting up points

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a decent farm system, but wanna know the difference between us and the Bruins and Hawks? It's coaching, they have 2 of the best in the game in Joey Q and Julien. Guys who have been with that team for quite some time. We've dealt with Torts, Renney and now AV all within the last 6.5 years. It's hard to build chemistry and implant a system for players when we're not sticking with one coach.