• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Cowboys vs Bears

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garbage is a little harsh, no he wasn't nearly Smith but I expected much worse. But like I said earlier it was against the depleted bears.
We have to agree to disagree because I saw tons of pressure from the left side that Dak avoided with great pocket awareness and running. Dak's pocket awareness is way beyond its years. This may sound ludicrous to some people, but Dak's pocket awareness reminds me of Brady's when Brady came into the league. Now I'm not suggesting he's Brady, but I see a lot of similarities from each in their first season. The Pats handled Brady with kid gloves his first year and he did a lot of the same dinking and dunking, showing poise, elite pocket awareness, and taking care of the football. That all sounds just like Dak, right? And what do you know, Dak also has taken the place of a beloved, veteran, injured star QB. Many similarities. Aside from the fact that our defense is nowhere near the 2001 Pats. But maybe if DLaw can magically transform into Von Miller when he comes back, who knows. :noidea:

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched a very good game and QB that looks more like a vet than a rookie. Pocket presence is way beyond what anybody has the right to expect.

Pieces for the future look to be in place.
we still need a new RT another WR and OL depth

Defense well we need a overhaul some pieces will be salvaged others just need replaced.

Glad for the win and am grateful to be able to watch another possible Cowboy QB and RB in the making

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have to agree to disagree because I saw tons of pressure from the left side that Dak avoided with great pocket awareness and running. Dak's pocket awareness is way beyond its years. This may sound ludicrous to some people, but Dak's pocket awareness reminds me of Brady's when Brady came into the league. Now I'm not suggesting he's Brady, but I see a lot of similarities from each in their first season. The Pats handled Brady with kid gloves his first year and he did a lot of the same dinking and dunking, showing poise, elite pocket awareness, and taking care of the football. That all sounds just like Dak, right? And what do you know, Dak also has taken the place of a beloved, veteran, injured star QB. Many similarities. Aside from the fact that our defense is nowhere near the 2001 Pats. But maybe if DLaw can magically transform into Von Miller when he comes back, who knows. :noidea:
I agree...I was disappointed with Greens play in preseason...turnstile. Hopefully his play is limited cause Smith & Free both stay upright this year.

Dak is what I thought. Didn't expect zero turnovers thru 3 games but knew he was cut from the same cloth as a Sean Lee. Desire and love for the game are not on every street corner. It's funny as shit the cowboys actually woulda taken Connor Cook if not for the move up. I firmly believe it's Tony's team when he's able, however... Dak can play. He's a bigger Russell Wilson awaiting to happen and it's only fitting that the Jones boys backed in and got lucky getting this guy.

Now defense???
Three games in and I've seen worse defenses. Dallas's D while weak, ain't butt ugly and should get better

Did JJ Wilcox make a play? ....again...not as worthless as some would have you think

Biggest Concern for me on defense through 3 games are the massive holes right up the gut.
Biggest Smile would be a tie between Mo and Church.

oh well....week to week and shit will certainly change

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lee did great all night QBing the D. He was around damn near every tackle. When you key on him presnap you will see that he makes adjustments for the plays called on O.
I want more than 2 tackles and 3 assists from the LB. He dropped back into the middle on almost every play where nothing was going on. Getting to an area around where the RB/Receiver are after the tackle is not good enough. And they rushed for almost 5 yards a pop like we did. I love Lee. He is a favorite of mine but I want to hear his name mentioned more often because I think he is that good.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garbage is a little harsh, no he wasn't nearly Smith but I expected much worse. But like I said earlier it was against the depleted bears.
I tend to agree. Too many penalties (but about as many as I would have predicted for him) but he played a lot better than I thought he was going to when I saw Smith was out. There were a few plays where he got beat but they didn't highlight it because no sack or hit, but I thought he was OK...don't want to have to see it again though of course...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Green an upgrade over Free? Free was good tonight so was Leary, but Free IMO is a liability. I thought Chaz was solid he made some mental errors, but I think with more PT he gets better and could help further solidify this OL
I'm not a huge fan of Free, but as of today he is much better than Green IMO. Maybe down the road it changes, but right now Free is just a better player.:2cents:

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are right. Dak was under pressure a lot in each game, and he seems to have great pocket awareness. Free and Green were the weak links on that o-line, green was awful yesterday just like preseason. Romo won't survive with the protection that Dak is getting now.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree...I was disappointed with Greens play in preseason...turnstile. Hopefully his play is limited cause Smith & Free both stay upright this year.

Dak is what I thought. Didn't expect zero turnovers thru 3 games but knew he was cut from the same cloth as a Sean Lee. Desire and love for the game are not on every street corner. It's funny as shit the cowboys actually woulda taken Connor Cook if not for the move up. I firmly believe it's Tony's team when he's able, however... Dak can play. He's a bigger Russell Wilson awaiting to happen and it's only fitting that the Jones boys backed in and got lucky getting this guy.

Now defense???
Three games in and I've seen worse defenses. Dallas's D while weak, ain't butt ugly and should get better

Did JJ Wilcox make a play? ....again...not as worthless as some would have you think

Biggest Concern for me on defense through 3 games are the massive holes right up the gut.
Biggest Smile would be a tie between Mo and Church.

oh well....week to week and shit will certainly change
Wilcox made one play in five years. Let's build a statue for him. He is still hot garbage.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting, i guess the Romo rules don't apply to Dak:noidea:

Hell maybe I missed it and my eyes are getting worse. From what I saw, he would have caught it 0 out of 10 times.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have some serious whipping boys on this team. I guess I get why, but not everyone is All - Pro.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's mention the DLine. Is it just me or has 97 turned into a beast. Maybe it's health but he always flashed once a game but now it's 5 or 6 times a game. The rookie flashed a couple of times as well. They must be playing well- our big FA barely sees the field. Irving- when he plays do teams run all over him or something. I don't get why he doesn't play more. He seems to give fits to a passing game.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell maybe I missed it and my eyes are getting worse. From what I saw, he would have caught it 0 out of 10 times.
I'm not saying he should have caught it, I'm just saying it appears that your opinion on what a drop is seems to change based on who the QB is...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's mention the DLine. Is it just me or has 97 turned into a beast. Maybe it's health but he always flashed once a game but now it's 5 or 6 times a game. The rookie flashed a couple of times as well. They must be playing well- our big FA barely sees the field. Irving- when he plays do teams run all over him or something. I don't get why he doesn't play more. He seems to give fits to a passing game.
IMO McClain, when healthy, is our best DT because of the way Rod likes his guys to penetrate. we are just finally seeing him healthy

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was gonna say the same. I do hope DLaw makes a difference on the line.