• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys trade for Trey Lance

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow… 49rs gave up a lot to get Trey, that’s the kinda stuff that gets a GM fired, but in the 49rs case they’ve hit on so many other draft picks they get a pass … Nice gamble by the Cowboys only giving up a 4th …

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This IMO is overrated news.

Trey Lance sucks and has always sucked. It was one of the stupidest trade ups and selections of all time but the 9ers were lucky to hit on enough players alongside a still fairly pedestrian QB required to make the simplest throws (Purdy is Garporlrorlrorl rebooted) that can get things done thanks to a stellar lineup that is cheap until everyone else in 2024.

That said, the Cowboys obviously have also made a mistake by giving that dumbass contract to the Dak, so now it's about money. Bring in the dork that was a top 5 overall pick!

End of day, it's an F grade for both teams.

San Fran = It was a stupid pick to begin with, everyone thought it was dumb, I graded it an F, and I get to stand by that.
Dallas = Also a stupid trade, your shitty contract to Dak I graded it an F (or maybe D) and I get to stand by that. The trade for an F rated player results in an F, so F.

F cancels F. And the 4th round pick is whatever.. nobody cares.

Someone could say: "But Trey Lance is a QB, he could be the future!" Trey Lance isn't gonna do a god damn thing.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shocking they wouldn’t just hold onto him for that low of compensation
Realistically he wasn't going to play. Kinda in a catch-22 situation. Can't get better and prove himself if he doesn't play and can't get playing time if he's unproven.

At this point it's probably the best the 9ers could do.

Hope he finds success in Dallas

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be quite amusing when Lance does very much nothing in Dallas (after coming into one of the easiest systems possible - elite defense, offensive line, great weapons in San Fran) whether or not @DJ and @fightinfunbags come back and actually eat crow.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This IMO is overrated news.

Trey Lance sucks and has always sucked. It was one of the stupidest trade ups and selections of all time but the 9ers were lucky to hit on enough players alongside a still fairly pedestrian QB required to make the simplest throws (Purdy is Garporlrorlrorl rebooted) that can get things done thanks to a stellar lineup that is cheap until everyone else in 2024.

That said, the Cowboys obviously have also made a mistake by giving that dumbass contract to the Dak, so now it's about money. Bring in the dork that was a top 5 overall pick!

End of day, it's an F grade for both teams.

San Fran = It was a stupid pick to begin with, everyone thought it was dumb, I graded it an F, and I get to stand by that.
Dallas = Also a stupid trade, your shitty contract to Dak I graded it an F (or maybe D) and I get to stand by that. The trade for an F rated player results in an F, so F.

F cancels F. And the 4th round pick is whatever.. nobody cares.

Someone could say: "But Trey Lance is a QB, he could be the future!" Trey Lance isn't gonna do a god damn thing.
Overrated? Stupid trade? You have no idea what you are talking about.
It’s just a move for QB depth. No risk and no pressure on Dallas. If he fails, San Fran is the team looking bad still.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be quite amusing when Lance does very much nothing in Dallas (after coming into one of the easiest systems possible - elite defense, offensive line, great weapons in San Fran) whether or not @DJ and @fightinfunbags come back and actually eat crow.
What do you think I’ve said about this move? I said it was a low risk, high reward type of move. I think Shanahan struggles to develop QBs that are developmental QBs like Lance. I think it was a rotten pairing from the jump. Shanahan’s shit works with a stiff white guy with marginal talent who can manage a game and get the ball to the weapons in spots he schemes. That’s why to this point they haven’t won a Super Bowl despite being seemingly in the mix every year. If Lance doesn’t work out, I don’t have to eat any crow. It isn’t like I said he was an All Pro or anything. I’m saying it’s a low risk, potentially high reward situation. You can’t see that. You hate Anthony Richardson who is essentially a similar skill set. You don’t have any imagination. You really don’t know much about modern football. You’re stuck evaluating the game like it’s still the Steve Largent days. If I were you, I would give up on tagging me on shit unless you enjoy getting slapped around like a bitch.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please tell me where I said that... Also, Geno has several years in the NFL before he went to Seattle and did anything. He was also an early 2nd round pick and by the time he went to Seattle was worth practically nothing.

Seattle never traded for him, they just signed him.

Are you really trying to equate Trey Lance to Geno Smith (who mind you I'll be very realistic as a Seahawks fan, has only ONE proven year - with a very statcked offensive roster). Also, the CHANCE this happens (take a former higher round player and convert them to something long term great) is EXTREMELY rare.

My expectations for Geno were rare granted. That said, Wilson was gone, Seattle was in a completely different circumstance than the Boys who are 100% STUCK WITH Dak for another 2 years thanks to the dead cap... so what the fuck was the point of this? Other than fill the stands. It was the 49ers realizing they made a stupid trade and giving up on basically a #1 overall pick (with what they gave up) this early, and the Cowboys trying to hype up and get fans in the crowd. At face value it's an F grade. If you want to take the stance it's some A+ grade by Dallas great. I hope you'll apologize (which nobody ever does on this forum except me) when you're wrong.
Eat Protein Bar GIF by SnickersUK

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Eh I was retyping my post (deleted the original) and the Internet is written in ink and you quoted it, so I'll stand by it.

I will say perhaps I was a bit too harsh my grade for Dallas and agree there's not much risk given up for a former high QB pick. Guess I let emotion get into it a bit since everyone hates Dallas and I still think the Dak Prescott signing was stupid as hell and they can't cut him for a couple years.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh I was retyping my post (deleted the original) and the Internet is written in ink and you quoted it, so I'll stand by it.

I will say perhaps I was a bit too harsh my grade for Dallas and agree there's not much risk given up for a former high QB pick. Guess I let emotion get into it a bit since everyone hates Dallas and I still think the Dak Prescott signing was stupid as hell and they can't cut him for a couple years.
This just shows that you’re out of touch with the league. QBs are expensive. That’s the way it is. Dak is a top 10 QB. You either pay your QB or you move on because someone will absolutely pay your QB if you don’t. Even those who hate on Dak have to admit he’s a top half of the league starter. This is what QBs cost. Try and keep up, bro.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Meh, it's okay.....

I heard a salmon shark washed up on shore in Idaho.....you know anything about that?

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And they have not given Dak an extension and may not.....not with Parsons and Lamb due for big paydays, among others......they could decide to go with Lance.....since Dak has not exactly led them to deep playoff runs.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On my 4th Guinness......glad it's Friday.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they have not given Dak an extension and may not.....not with Parsons and Lamb due for big paydays, among others......they could decide to go with Lance.....since Dak has not exactly led them to deep playoff runs.

The Boys are literally stuck with Prescott for the next 2 years unless they can find a trade partner to absorb cap, at which time Lance will be a free agent. You're not making your team that competitive sucking up that money.

Your point about Dak not exactly leading them to deep playoff runs was the reason I gave Dallas an F to begin with (although granted my fault, had nothing to do with the Lance grade), Dak is pretty mediocre.

Now to @fightinfunbags point, yes... QBs are one of the most important positions in football.. but the amount teams are overpaying for OKAY QBs is not sustainable IMO.. easier to plug and play some random QB and get deep than paying these ridiculous contracts. So yes, to extend an olive branch let's move over Lance who might be a steal and someone we can bank the future on... I'm saying I don't think Lance ever had the skills/mindset to begin with.. so it's an opinion, happy to eat crow if I'm wrong... but that's again where I'm getting a low grade on.

Sounds like you guys disagree with it... that's fine.