• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys trade for Brandon Cooks

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better than OBJ.
Cooks can be gone after 2024.
Also, not getting paid the same as OBJ. He is likely going for one year deal to one year deal and has a huge injury risk. He will be lucky get half of what Cooks making unless a desperate team comes long

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No guaranteed money next year.
12m this year is actually good
Also...Gallup says hold my beer on this real wr2 bs.

Lamb, Gallup and Cooks is a good threesome
400 td’s and 4 td’s LOL. Take a shot, you’re drunk. Possible but not close to a given

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks good on paper but gotta wonder how much he has left in the tank or if he can stay healthy or even how motivated he'll stay against adversity. Best case is really Gallup getting on track and Cooks is #3. I'd probably prefer a bigger name or younger add at WR but I'm not even screwing with salary cap, so maybe it doesn't make sense. Like to see them lock up Schultz too but he'll probably cost too much.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks good on paper but gotta wonder how much he has left in the tank or if he can stay healthy or even how motivated he'll stay against adversity. Best case is really Gallup getting on track and Cooks is #3. I'd probably prefer a bigger name or younger add at WR but I'm not even screwing with salary cap, so maybe it doesn't make sense. Like to see them lock up Schultz too but he'll probably cost too much.
I think if they didn’t bring in another good WR Schultz comes back into play. Now I think he is gone. He was just a horrible blocker the last two years and you can’t play him every down because of that IMO. Nice player though. I wish him the best and if he takes a pay cut from what his tag paid him I’d welcome him back. I think he has under rated value in the passing game

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooks doesn't produce personal stats. If you go by stats he always looks overpriced. Cooks value is in his ability to draw coverage away from everyone else. Cooks will improve other receivers' stats.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good fit for Cooks, good get for Dallas.

Hope I don't get Flashbacks of old TY Hilton going deep for 40 yards against this Eagles defense.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys are making some great additions... Problem is, they still have Dak Prescott as their starting QB... Make or break year for Dak?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys are making some great additions... Problem is, they still have Dak Prescott as their starting QB... Make or break year for Dak?
I think that becomes the big question. Dak just wasn't good enough last year. Just too many poor decisions and throws into traffic. A lot of fans want to point to the fact so many of his interceptions were tipped or drops but there were a bunch more that probably should have been interceptions that weren't. Not that one fan's opinion matters, but my opinion of Dak took a pretty big hit last year. The team was never a real SB contender, but in a weak year they were close and with better QB play they would have been right in the mix. I think Dak and McCarthy are both in make or break years. Jerry is loyal to a fault but he isn't getting any younger and I think the splurge this year shows he is running out of patience with the long term plan that isn't working.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
deal looking better and better for Dallas

Brandin Cooks Renegotiates Contract with Cowboys | Over the Cap

The move saves Dallas $6 million in salary cap space this year, dropping Cooks’ cap number from $12 to $6 million while reducing his salary for this year by $500,000. The change really comes in 2024 where Cooks’ salary dropped from $16.5 million to $8 million with a salary cap charge of $10 million.

That salary reduction puts the Cowboys in a better place with their wide receiver allocation this year and also strengthens their place in the trade that was made yesterday, with the new contract making it more likely that Cooks remains on the team next season. The new figure is more along the lines of a number 2 or very high level number 3 compared to his original salary which was closer to that of a lower level number 1.

With a $10 million per year salary, Cooks’ contract would now be on par with Michael Gallup ($11.5 million a year) and give Dallas an option, depending on how things go this year, to move on from Gallup after the year. The lower salary and cap figures also makes things work better if the team keeps all three receivers in 2024 when CeeDee Lamb will either be playing on the option year or on a contract extension