• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Could be a Long Season.....

alldaybaby55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're a player, yes.

If you're a fan...no.

Remember which one you are...

(This was supposed to be a quote post...someone had said that if you expect to lose, you've already lost, or something to that effect.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Pushn40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turnovers hurt us today also. GB had two, Niners had none. I have to think that didn't help GB. That, and some dumb penalties again. Oh that, and not being able to make in-game adjustments on defense to limit threats that continually hurt you......Boldin. Last January it was the read option, today it was the pass, particularly to Boldin and Davis. And we could see that coming, watched it unfold before our eyes, and lament the day. Harbaugh isn't the genius GB makes him appear to be, he simply sticks with what works as the game unfolds. We had no answer to the read option in January, and no answer to the pass today. Is it the personnel, the coaching, a combination of the two? Whatever it is, San Fran is a good team, and Kaeperbitch is a good QB, and the niners made fewer mistakes and gave up fewer big plays.

I'm glad GB kept it close, and I thought going into this game that they had as good a chance to win as the whiners. GB should grow from this game and I think they'll be OK. In the end, the niners got the turnovers and took better advantage of what the defense gave them. Period.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've very conflicted about this game. On one hand I think our D is improved. I know they gave up over 400 yds, but watching them, there was more urgency and better assignment discipline, etc. It seems odd to say after giving up 400 yds, but I have no doubt they are going to be quite a bit improved from last year.

I know we were missing burnett and Hayward, but getting torched on big plays isn't exactly a new thing for this defense. it's 3-4 years running. We make good stops for 2 plays then give a huge play. 2 good to great defensive plays, then give up a big play. Over and over and over for years this has been happening. I'd hope to see some change after a few games, but after a few years, I wonder if it will ever???.

I think our Oline did ok, except in the run game. They were horrid and then with the game on the line they fell apart. When SF had to respond they did, we GB had to respond, they mostly did, till the end. The d went way soft and the oline looked like they were just stepping on the field for the first time.

I'm not really worried we didn't get a lot of pass rush on Kap, they have a great offensive line. Plus they played it like they needed to. They can't rush and leave lanes, or they would have given up 200 yds rushing to a qb again. They have to move as a unit and they were getting some pressure and if we had a DB anywhere in the middle of the field that could cover anybody, things could have been a lot different. They NEED to figure something out.

They'll do great against subpar team, like usual and against good ones, there will always be ONE guy running WIDE OPEN and they'll hit him for 15+yds every time. At least before when they did that Collins would come flying in from somewhere and lay the guy out. Now they just run for 20 more yards.

and I like how they kept battling, but SF didn't exactly play a clean game. no turnovers, but some dumb penalties too and we couldn't take advantage of them ever. This team is close, but they have some things they need to learn for sure.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were neck and neck with the NFC Champion in their house on opening day. Not to mention some questionable officiating. Keep your heads up we will win the North and make a run. For some reason Kaperbitch is our kryptonite right now.

Officiating? Please.

The NFL now says it was the Packers, not the 49ers, who benefitted from the officials’ mistake on the play, because Staley shouldn’t have been flagged in the first place. The league office reviewed the play and determined that while Matthews was rightly called for a late hit on 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, the official who threw the flag on Staley for getting in Matthews’ face after running over to protect Kaepernick should not have done so.

In fact, I would add, that mathews should have been ejected for punching Staley and grabbing his face mask. Staley did what every offensive linemen is coached to do... and thats to lock up a player that takes a dirty hit on the QB. Its standard practice.

NFL now says Packers, not 49ers, benefitted from officials? mistake | ProFootballTalk

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Staley should have never been flagged. Offsetting penalties in that scenario, is total bullshit.

Staley did what every olineman in the league SHOULD do after that horseshit. Plus, as has been mentioned, Matthews actually punches Staley first.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Officiating? Please.

The NFL now says it was the Packers, not the 49ers, who benefitted from the officials’ mistake on the play, because Staley shouldn’t have been flagged in the first place. The league office reviewed the play and determined that while Matthews was rightly called for a late hit on 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, the official who threw the flag on Staley for getting in Matthews’ face after running over to protect Kaepernick should not have done so.

In fact, I would add, that mathews should have been ejected for punching Staley and grabbing his face mask. Staley did what every offensive linemen is coached to do... and thats to lock up a player that takes a dirty hit on the QB. Its standard practice.

NFL now says Packers, not 49ers, benefitted from officials? mistake | ProFootballTalk

TBF, the NFL came out after the GB-SEA fame last year and said that they stand by their call....... But that didn't stop people from calling BS.

Pushn40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Officiating? Please.

Really dude? You're seriously here trolling this board, looking for minuscule comments on a Packer's forum to nit pik at? :lame:

All he said was the officiating was questionable, which it was on both sides. Please take your selective reading skills back to your board. Very few of us Packer fans in here were making excuses for Matthews hit on Kaepernick. We lost the game for other reasons, certainly not because of that play. It looks like you're overly sensative to the media's reaction to the play - GET OVER IT, you won, good luck at Seattle!

Pushn40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Staley should have never been flagged. Offsetting penalties in that scenario, is total bullshit.

Staley did what every olineman in the league SHOULD do after that horseshit. Plus, as has been mentioned, Matthews actually punches Staley first.

Nobody here disagrees, dipshit! Why are you so sensative to this? Did your man-crush on Matthews take a nosedive because he didn't tackle you in the sack like he did Kapers? :lame:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody here disagrees, dipshit! Why are you so sensative to this? Did your man-crush on Matthews take a nosedive because he didn't tackle you in the sack like he did Kapers? :lame:

:laugh:

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe so... but then you have to eject Boldin as well for throwing the same type of punch, or are you conveniently forgetting that he threw a punch as well.

You can watch it on NFL Gamecast, it is at the 18:20:35 mark on their playback.

Got to love trolls!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TBF, the NFL came out after the GB-SEA fame last year and said that they stand by their call....... But that didn't stop people from calling BS.

Double :lame: - NFL also said PI on the play was missed, but could not be reviewed.

Sounds like you are still trying to convince yourself so you sleep better at night. 90% of America still does not agree with you.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap has over 900 yards of offense against us in the last two games......so no one thinks there is a problem with us?

Obviously I do. But we knew about these problems. We hung in there on the road against a LOADED team. Hold out hope that Perry and Hayward will get healthy and have an impact.

Stevein2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Officiating? Please.

Would you also add that boldin should have been ejected then?

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a pretty evenly called game. Usually it's the 49er fans crying. No excuses from me.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was a pretty evenly matched game. I do think you got out coached and out planned.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was a pretty evenly matched game. I do think you got out coached and out planned.

Packers closed the gap some from last years performances. If we meet them in playoffs, Packers will know they can match them physically.

I do not think they got out coached, Packers lost Burnett on Friday after he had practiced Wednesday and Thursday and that threw an unexpected kink into the defensive plan. Tall order for Jennings and McMillan at safety and Packers were trying to move around rookie Hyde at CB so he was not targeted all day by SF.

Only so many holes you can try and cover up.

Only item regarding MM was clock management at end of first half, but that actually worked out for the better.