• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Confidence is not high

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things are looking up for tomorrow. A quarterback that has been in the system for 11 days. Cornerbacks that would probably be lucky to be in the Canadian league. Best defensive player nursing a bum ankle. Lame-duck coach playing out the string......... Then you remember that we are coached by Marvin. For any competent coach, this is a three touchdown win. I'll feel lucky if we come out with the W.

Thoughts?

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OT - i know you guys are looking forward to the next game, but I was just wondering if you guys know why Lewis went away from the running game in the second half last week against us, because Benson was owning us with that game plan.

BTW, the Cincy fans were good to us Texans fans, even in defeat.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looked to me like the Texans made halftime adjustments to stop the run.....Benson had 8 carries in the second half for -1 yards.......if you told me we would hold Foster to 41 yards on 15 carries, I would have bet we won easily.....our secondary sucks, especially since you got our best corner and our second best one was lost for the year......

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things are looking up for tomorrow. A quarterback that has been in the system for 11 days. Cornerbacks that would probably be lucky to be in the Canadian league. Best defensive player nursing a bum ankle. Lame-duck coach playing out the string......... Then you remember that we are coached by Marvin. For any competent coach, this is a three touchdown win. I'll feel lucky if we come out with the W.

Thoughts?

As Kramer would say "easy win".....should be a blowout, but we'll make it difficult for sure.....

OrangeBlackRedWhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
No doubt in my mind that the Rams will at least keep it close. You basically nailed it in the original post: scrub quarterback, good RB, a must win for the Bengals, and what should be an easy game...yeah I don't like our chances.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The coaching in the second half of the Texans game was horrible. I know Gruden is a popular guy here in Cincy, but his poor design started the comeback for the Texans. Why on earth do you have a tight end blocking Conner Barwin deep in your own territory? Just stupid. On the defensive side of the ball, what the hell was Zimmer doing? The big threats in the passing game (with Johnson out) were the tight ends (particularly Daniels) and they roam free in the middle of the field? Where's the pressure on a young quarterback? No sense of urgency, no killer instinct, playing not to lose - All Marvin traits.

As for the Texans -- That's a good team. They would be a real problem for anyone if they didn't have so many key injuries. But I don't think that's an excuse for a team that has playoff aspirations. Or I should say "did" have playoff aspirations.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandon Lloyd will eat our depleted secondary alive... provided the QB throws to him, and not our players.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bengals will win by 20. I doubt the Rams score.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
blow out, victory belongs to the Rams.

good Lord, how did we become the worst team in the league again?