• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Conference Championship Saturday Games

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, phuck the players. They get millions in NIL now. :pound:
Not sure the 3rd string offensive guard or the long snapper is getting millions. Caleb Williams is getting big bucks, but few can name the center who actually touches the ball more than him in a game, same for Shedur Sanders. (Could that have something to do with increased number sacks which both have endured)?
If the players name is not mentioned during the game, there are likely no big buck for those guys.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure the 3rd string offensive guard or the long snapper is getting millions. Caleb Williams is getting big bucks, but few can name the center who actually touches the ball more than him in a game, same for Shedur Sanders. (Could that have something to do with increased number sacks which both have endured)?
If the players name is not mentioned during the game, there are likely no big buck for those guys.

Nope. Even my shit awful Huskers are paying their OL via Pipeline Jerky

Like NFL teams, big time schools are building NIL like a draft. QB, OL, DL, guys that can get to the QB, WRs, and dudes that can cover WRs.

Special guys are getting millions a year.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like NFL teams, big time schools are building NIL like a draft. QB, OL, DL, guys that can get to the QB, WRs, and dudes that can cover WRs.

Pretty awesome that guys driving billions in revenue can be fairly compensated now.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty awesome that guys driving billions in revenue can be fairly compensated now.

Yep. I was opposed to NIL in the beginning, but it is actually giving players their rightful part of the cash flow.

I now look back on great Huskers that should have benefitted greatly from this system like Tommie Frazier or Eric Crouch. They were never going to be great NFL players and earn millions a year, but they were essential to the greatness of their college teams they played upon that garnered millions in revenue from people that paid to watch them play.

I'm sure every fan can recall such studs from their storied programs history.

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 team playoffs and the committee fuck it up again. Surprise surprise

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You mentioned "millions". Was that in aggregate or just a few players? Hard to believe that Pipeline Jerky is paying a million dollars to all members of the Nebraska OL. If so, they are wasting their money. None, other than most zealous of Nebraska fans know the names of the linemen.
I would bet that a survey of the fans at a game could name any of the linemen unless they knew them personally. I would say that is especially true for Colorado fans.

A lot of money is being spent through NIL, but it is not evenly distributed. I suspect that even you could not name very many of the 22 players who started the last Cornhusker game on offense and defense (not counting those on the opening kickoff).

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Committee needs all the criticism they can get after this disgrace