• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comprehensive look at Playoff Teams

SignalBama

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the regular season is over. We know who the Final 4 are. Let's look at your 2018 contenders for the title.

Total Offense (National Ranks)

#1 Oklahoma
#5 Clemson
#7 Alabama
#28 Notre Dame

Scoring Offense

#1 Oklahoma
#2 Alabama
#5 Clemson
#34 Notre Dame

Total Defense

#4 Clemson
#9 Alabama
#21 Notre Dame
#108 Oklahoma

Scoring Defense

#2 Clemson
#4 Alabama
#9 Notre Dame
#96 Oklahoma

Turnover Margin

#21 Alabama
#36 Notre Dame
#44 Clemson
#82 Oklahoma

3rd Down Conversion PCT

#2 Alabama
#5 Oklahoma
#27 Notre Dame
#31 Clemson

3rd Down Defense

#7 Clemson
#8 Alabama
#57 Notre Dame
#115 Oklahoma

Team breakdowns

Alabama seems to be strong in all areas. They rank in the Top 25 in all areas heading into the Playoff

Clemson isn't far behind and on paper look like a very legit contender to Alabama.

Oklahoma might be the most Unbalanced team in history as far as Offensive and Defensive performance being on the opposite ends of the spectrum. Being #82 in turnover margin doesn't bode well IMO for them. They just aren't forcing turnovers to make up for the lack of execution by the defense.

Notre Dame is a solid overall team. The question for them will be can they up their game to meet the level of play of Clemson in Round 1.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to see these rankings for the last 4 years along with corresponding recruiting team rankings and a list of all recruits with their individual ratings and a separate list for the recruits that were a bust. Please get on this immediately and report back to us within 24 hours.

Regards

SignalBama

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to see these rankings for the last 4 years along with corresponding recruiting team rankings and a list of all recruits with their individual ratings and a separate list for the recruits that were a bust. Please get on this immediately and report back to us within 24 hours.

Regards
Since you need all that. Take care of it yourself.

SignalBama

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be an interesting example of "Defense wins championships" theory...
If it comes down to defense Clemson has a slight advantage this year. I expect a lot of high scoring Playoff games.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think our offense looks a little bit better had Ian Book and Dexter Williams been starting in the first four weeks of the season.

SignalBama

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think our offense looks a little bit better had Ian Book and Dexter Williams been starting in the first four weeks of the season.
Maybe, However Clemson was shifting their QB's as well to start the season before deciding on their guy. Notre Dame has looked pedestrian on Offense at times even with Book (Pitt and USC).

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, However Clemson was shifting their QB's as well to start the season before deciding on their guy. Notre Dame has looked pedestrian on Offense at times even with Book.

Yep, very true.

IrishBlooded

Bewbs or it didn't happen
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, However Clemson was shifting their QB's as well to start the season before deciding on their guy. Notre Dame has looked pedestrian on Offense at times even with Book (Pitt and USC).

It was USC and PITT. Easily two of the hardest teams in the country. I mean both of their coaches said they plan to win games.

And what a coach says in a press conference is super important

SignalBama

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was USC and PITT. Easily two of the hardest teams in the country. I mean both of their coaches said they plan to win games.

And what a coach says in a press conference is super important

Just trying to be fair to all teams involved. But yes Coach Speak is super important.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF just rankings no Percentages or YPA/C/G??? wtf???? WTF?!?!?!??!?!?

WHAT THEEEE FUCK!!!?!?!?!?

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, so what is it? You guys want to post that there is not enough information or the post is too long. Pick one. Cheeesh...
You will find we arent sheep following one another for the sake supporting eachother. We tend to have our own opinions :D

MURICA!!!

SignalBama

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You will find we arent sheep following one another for the sake supporting eachother. We tend to have our own opinions :D

MURICA!!!
The real question is. Why are you guys trying to turn this thread into Off Topic instead of staying on topic ? After all that bitching.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real question is. Why are you guys trying to turn this thread into Off Topic instead of staying on topic ?
Ahhh so you guys are learning!

So the topics need to be about football, but once that criteria has been satisfied its no holds on everything else...

You'll figure it out lmfao.

Not to mention i wasnt off topic. I honestly expected something more substantial than "rankings" when i opened the thread i was thinking actual stats facts and figures...

Thats what i get for setting expectations of a gump

SignalBama

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahhh so you guys are learning!

So the topics need to be about football, but once that criteria has been satisfied its no holds on everything else...

You'll figure it out lmfao.

Not to mention i wasnt off topic. I honestly expected something more substantial than "rankings" when i opened the thread i was thinking actual stats facts and figures...

Thats what i get for setting expectations of a gump
Usually other posters provide more information. That was just the thread starter. It stops the OP from being too long. I guess things are different here in that regard.

SignalBama

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why is says "Let's look.." as in us together. Supply information about the teams etc.