• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Completely Non-FF Thoughts

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the D2 rookie draft...
Stroud was the 15th pick (after 2 other QB).
LaPorta was the 19th pick (after 2 other TE).
Nacua was the 50th pick (after 18 other WR).

In my defense:

Buffalo finally got a real TE for that passing offense. And I was able to flip him for a number of draft picks to help my rebuild.

Stroud was the best QB on the board when my 2nd pick came up.

My draft plan was pick a TE with my first pick and then get a QB with my 2nd.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of the reason i was pointing out their draft position is because most gravitate to the very early picks. Was actually encouraging to see rookies become more-than-relevant at 15, 19 and 50.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw a sports news feed come across my phone that made me laugh...

Doug Williams Thinks Commanders Draft a QB

:eek: What?! :rolleyes2:

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck to any 49er fans out there.

Chiefs fans can eat a plate of dicks, y'all have won enough recently and SF still needs some compensation for that blackout game cause that was some bullshit

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no rooting interests today, no money on the game, no "home town hero" I want to see get a ring..but...
I know how pissed off a bunch of Bronco fans around here will be to watch the Chiefs win another, so that would make me happy.

And I'd like to see a team who traded the farm to get a RB win as well.

So either way, I'll be fine.

Truth be told, I'm rooting for a nice crescendo for those Geico Gecko v Caveman commercials, and that'd make my day

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here's to it still be a game with a minute left :suds:

Enjoy boys and Anna :dhd:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, I am a bit surprised the sack numbers aren't a bit higher.

But honestly, Garret was no better than 3rd on the list. I can't understand how he won it over either of Watt or Crosby
His defense was better

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck I always enjoy watching 49ers lose so the Super Bowl was fun to watch, besides I'm a fan of Mahomes. Hope the Chiefs get him some decent WRs this draft.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck I always enjoy watching 49ers lose so the Super Bowl was fun to watch, besides I'm a fan of Mahomes. Hope the Chiefs get him some decent WRs this draft.
Diggs hopes there's a little trady trade offer comin' from ol' Andy. :)

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Placed a bet on a soccer match today, took Newcastle money line (to win) as the match result. Newcastle won on penalty kicks after extra time (similar as NHL shootout after OT).

ESPN Bet called it a loss since they didn't win in regulation even tho I bet on the match result and not the regulation result. Several other sports books have separate lines for regulation result and match result, espn won't honor it as a win for Newcastle. No where did it give any indication when I was placing my bet that it was for the regulation result, all the verbiage stated that I was betting on the match result.

Lesson learned, I guess.

That's one way to get me to close my account and use FD, DK, or any of the other easily accessible sports books. ESPN can run their scams on someone else.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Placed a bet on a soccer match today, took Newcastle money line (to win) as the match result. Newcastle won on penalty kicks after extra time (similar as NHL shootout after OT).

ESPN Bet called it a loss since they didn't win in regulation even tho I bet on the match result and not the regulation result. Several other sports books have separate lines for regulation result and match result, espn won't honor it as a win for Newcastle. No where did it give any indication when I was placing my bet that it was for the regulation result, all the verbiage stated that I was betting on the match result.

Lesson learned, I guess.

That's one way to get me to close my account and use FD, DK, or any of the other easily accessible sports books. ESPN can run their scams on someone else.
well Smoke that definitely sucks

but by the letter of the law

Newcastle didnt win

they advanced on kicks

the official result is 1-1 (4-3) on kicks

its not quite the same as the NHL shootout

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well in regards to rookie TE's... there was one good one, ok? One. SIX were taken in the first two rounds. 1 of 6 was a fantasy factor. 1.5 if you count that little bit where Kincaid mattered.

let's not get all twitterpated that somehow that signifies a big change in anything. In a vacuum, LaPorta was huge. In the big picture, rookie TE's are still not reliable fantasy assets. The 1 is an exception, the 5 are the proof
Everything fell into place for LaPorta his roomie season - the most significant being that he was basically handed the starting job as soon as he was drafted, on an explosive offense, and had a coach with the stones to trust him early.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything fell into place for LaPorta his roomie season - the most significant being that he was basically handed the starting job as soon as he was drafted, on an explosive offense, and had a coach with the stones to trust him early.
Yep, and Kincaid will be the next.

Also maybe that guy with the Falcons? Hopefully with a QB and an offensive plan, they'll figure that out.