• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Commanders News thread

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The shock value of 1993 was jarring for me. I was 18 at the time and had never experienced the Skins being a bad team.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The shock value of 1993 was jarring for me. I was 18 at the time and had never experienced the Skins being a bad team.
Same boat you are in.
It was unsettling for sure.
I took the good ole days for granted.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
after allen left,they were bad too
They were 8-8. 10-6 and 6-10. The 2nd year Pardee won coach of the year. Gibbs was hired after the 6-10 year but otherwise I wouldn't call the first two years bad.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were 8-8. 10-6 and 6-10. The 2nd year Pardee won coach of the year. Gibbs was hired after the 6-10 year but otherwise I wouldn't call the first two years bad.
nobody hated losing to Dallas like George.he said he,d fight landry on the field once.remember when he brought june rhee to redskins park to break boards before a cowboy game?

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
82 was my first year.

83: Cried myself to sleep holding my NERF football after my dad told me to go to bed after Allen broke that run. I was in Germany at the time so it was like one in the morning.

84: Hurt, but had no idea at the time what the Bears were about to become.

85: Missed the playoffs at 10-6 but was hopeful. Jay had a cannon and Clark had made his way from the USFL and looked to be like a real find.

86: Seeing Jay barely making it to the locker room while concussed, hurt. Gary dropped a big one. Couldn't really feel bad. We were totally outclassed.

88: Kinda disappointing. Doug got hurt. Think we were 7-9 or something.

89: You could kinda see the rebuild taking shape. Rypien just wasn't ready.

90: Rypien was scared. That game in SF was closer than people remember. Beating the Eagles was sweet revenge though.

92: If not for the fumble/missed hand-off we beat the 49ers, but probably lose a tight one the next week at Texas Stadium.

93: That hurt. Kinda a what the F was that type of year. Gibbs was gone. The team got old over night.

96: Starting 7-1 only to flame out was not cool.

99: My and my entire family standing in front of the TV as Turk snapped the ball in Tampa. Painful.

12: Seeing RG3's knee fold up like a piece of paper on that dirt at FedEx. Up two scores. That was the last time I was able to watch a game with my dad.

15: Still mad at DeSean for showboating at the goal line vs GB.

Top 3 most painful for me.
1. 1983

2. 2012. Lost my dad on the 4th of July after the season. RG doesn't get hurt vs Baltimore, that coaching staff gets us to the Superbowl.

3. 1993

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
82 was my first year.

83: Cried myself to sleep holding my NERF football after my dad told me to go to bed after Allen broke that run. I was in Germany at the time so it was like one in the morning.

84: Hurt, but had no idea at the time what the Bears were about to become.

85: Missed the playoffs at 10-6 but was hopeful. Jay had a cannon and Clark had made his way from the USFL and looked to be like a real find.

86: Seeing Jay barely making it to the locker room while concussed, hurt. Gary dropped a big one. Couldn't really feel bad. We were totally outclassed.

88: Kinda disappointing. Doug got hurt. Think we were 7-9 or something.

89: You could kinda see the rebuild taking shape. Rypien just wasn't ready.

90: Rypien was scared. That game in SF was closer than people remember. Beating the Eagles was sweet revenge though.

92: If not for the fumble/missed hand-off we beat the 49ers, but probably lose a tight one the next week at Texas Stadium.

93: That hurt. Kinda a what the F was that type of year. Gibbs was gone. The team got old over night.

96: Starting 7-1 only to flame out was not cool.

99: My and my entire family standing in front of the TV as Turk snapped the ball in Tampa. Painful.

12: Seeing RG3's knee fold up like a piece of paper on that dirt at FedEx. Up two scores. That was the last time I was able to watch a game with my dad.

15: Still mad at DeSean for showboating at the goal line vs GB.

Top 3 most painful for me.
1. 1983

2. 2012. Lost my dad on the 4th of July after the season. RG doesn't get hurt vs Baltimore, that coaching staff gets us to the Superbowl.

3. 1993
Lots of memories in there.

83 did hurt.

93 I think I felt terrible for Richie. He was such a good DC and got little praise.

12 - Cousins was a big part of the two wins that year. Never thought they were close to a SB team.

Being older I remember Lombardi becoming HC and although not great he got us two games over .500. He figured out Larry Brown had hearing issues. Poof! Gone like that.

Two years later brought George Allen who turned the team around. I still think Redskins win in 72 if Sonny had not torn his Achilles. The team was good under Allen but never as good as 72. George MADE the Dallas rivalry. They were fun years.

Glad you were around for the 80s Gibbs era. The team was so much fun then. It's been a shit show since Joe left for NASCAR and a few years later when Snyder bought the team.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

83 did hurt.

93 I think I felt terrible for Richie. He was such a good DC and got little praise.

12 - Cousins was a big part of the two wins that year. Never thought they were close to a SB team.

Being older I remember Lombardi becoming HC and although not great he got us two games over .500. He figured out Larry Brown had hearing issues. Poof! Gone like that.

Two years later brought George Allen who turned the team around. I still think Redskins win in 72 if Sonny had not torn his Achilles. The team was good under Allen but never as good as 72. George MADE the Dallas rivalry. They were fun years.

Glad you were around for the 80s Gibbs era. The team was so much fun then. It's been a shit show since Joe left for NASCAR and a few years later when Snyder bought the team.
80s spoiled the shit outta me! Lol. What a time to be alive. Kirk beat Cleveland and Baltimore right? My dad and my older brother loved Sonny and absolutely hated Kilmer. Lol.

I used to sit around and listen to them reminisce.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

83 did hurt.

I first recall watching at 9 nfc championship game against Dallas mostly.watched every tv game since,still pissed about that bullshit td call against the cards

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
80s spoiled the shit outta me! Lol. What a time to be alive. Kirk beat Cleveland and Baltimore right? My dad and my older brother loved Sonny and absolutely hated Kilmer. Lol.

I used to sit around and listen to them reminisce.
I was with your dad, Sonny was the man. I appreciated Billy more after he retired, he and Sonny were great friends.

Kirk helped bring them back to tie against Baltimore, punt return won it. Cousins was QB against Cleveland but they should have won that game. They beat Dallas at the end of the year because of Alf. Griffin was seriously limited.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I first recall watching at 9 nfc championship game against Dallas mostly.watched every tv game since,still pissed about that bullshit td call against the cards
My first year as a Washington fan Norm Snead was the QB. They traded Snead for Jurgensen after that year. Team wasn't very good but Sonny, Bobby, Charley and Smith were awesome. It's hard to believe it has been 60 years.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My first year as a Washington fan Norm Snead was the QB. They traded Snead for Jurgensen after that year. Team wasn't very good but Sonny, Bobby, Charley and Smith were awesome. It's hard to believe it has been 60 years.
cubs,skins,uva sports drove my dad apeshit.they do me now.go figure

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cubs,skins,uva sports drove my dad apeshit.they do me now.go figure
My dad was never the sports fan I was. For one he worked midnight's. Also when he had the time he liked to go fishing and hunting and I got that from him. I don't think he played the big three sports as a kid.

Neither he or my mom were around much when I played sports. He did get involved with my 13 year younger brother who played hockey. By then dad was working day shift.

We lived within two miles from the city so I rooted for everything Washington. Penn State since we were originally from PA and MD basketball when Lefty became the HC.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My dad was never the sports fan I was. For one he worked midnight's. Also when he had the time he liked to go fishing and hunting and I got that from him. I don't think he played the big three sports as a kid.

Neither he or my mom were around much when I played sports. He did get involved with my 13 year younger brother who played hockey. By then dad was working day shift.

We lived within two miles from the city so I rooted for everything Washington. Penn State since we were originally from PA and MD basketball when Lefty became the HC.
we got lucky.my dad was a local printing exec who had weekends off.he was never sick,just the occasional miagraine.cancer got him at 60.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we got lucky.my dad was a local printing exec who had weekends off.he was never sick,just the occasional miagraine.cancer got him at 60.
My dad was a printer which is why we ended up in DC, we moved because he took a job with the Government Printing Office.