• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy BRONZE Vancouver - redux

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I still think this team gets blown out 4 straight

Well, Demko is a huge question mark, but you don't fluke your way to the Pacific Division crown. That win last night over the Knights should reverberate through the room especially with your 3rd string goalie between the pipes.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Demko is a huge question mark, but you don't fluke your way to the Pacific Division crown. That win last night over the Knights should reverberate through the room especially with your 3rd string goalie between the pipes.
The way DeSmith is playing he may be the third string now

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's more critical in the playoffs to have a good penalty kill than a good powerplay in all honesty mainly because the refs usually put the whistles away once the playoffs start (heck, it's already starting based on the games I've watched in the last week or so). Obviously, you want to deter the other team from taking penalties with a good PP, but who plays better 5-on-5 determines who wins most playoff games.

Gosh I hope you are right about the 5x5. The Preds PP is non-existent right now, but at even strength they can hang.

And completely agree about the whistles, playoff officiating started a couple weeks ago.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m still yet to see this team put three straight bad games in even without Demko. They gave DeShits a chance in pretty much all his losses except for Vegas. I’m not getting the panic here unless Demko is actually being reconstructed with papier mache to get into some sort of playoff readiness.

The only real bummer is that Lindholm is probably not going to be any kind of factor for this team.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lindholm back in tonight. . Hopefully the injury is what hampered his play and he's better now

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Myers got called for skating in front of someone. Literally didn’t touch the guy and got called for interference.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Myers got called for skating in front of someone. Literally didn’t touch the guy and got called for interference.
refs were looking for anything. and when they didn't find it, they made it up

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shorthanded OT penalty shot upcoming - That's a rarity.

Hronek denied and we play on with the Yotes having 24 seconds left on the PP.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
RIP IT!!
One of the best shots in the league, and you try to dangle.
Just unleash the fucking beast.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I understand the angst in Vancouver. Likely will play the Preds in Round 1 and all of the following will happen:

Canucks win 4 straight
Quinn Hughes shows the world why he is the unanimous Norris winner as he makes Josi look like an old piece of Swiss cheese
Demko gets to rest for another 2 weeks allowing his injuries to heal. No need to rush him back to beat an inferior team
Schenn gets turnstiled so many times he is dizzy and skates to the wrong bench. 3 times
Boeser sets a playoff record for goals and the Canadian media forgets all about whatshisname in Toronto
Brunette stubbornly leaves Saros in despite giving up 3+ goals in the first period of every game, driving his trade value in the offseason down to a conditional 4th rounder

Easy peasy. I am liking the Canucks to get at least to the Conference Final.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I understand the angst in Vancouver.
YOU START WITH THIS

Easy peasy. I am liking the Canucks to get at least to the Conference Final.
Then end with this

and you wonder why we have angst. lol

I just don't see enough fire in them to overcome what you have to do to get out of a first round let alone make the conference finals. I am glad the PP is clicking but the PK better find its game on Saturday or its going to be over fast and then it is over for the Div Title. its a useless title yes but for a team that is supposed to learn how to close out things it would be devastating to lose that after holding it the entire year.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I left out Tocchet >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Brunette

If the Canucks end up playing Nashville in Round 1, it will be easier than you expect. Nashville has been playing like dog crap for the last couple of weeks. They think walking around with hats that say "Relentless" and showing up is all they have to do because..............................18 game point streak a month ago:noidea:. The Preds will be the (bad) surprise of Round 1 so if you can get them instead of Vegas or the Kings, do it.

After that, angst away :D

(I have forgotten how stressed the Canadian fan base can get)