• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Colangelo Has Been Caught Using Burner Accounts

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
definitely--- not only that---- but the "change password" verification had the SAME last 2 digits for the phone number---- its obvious all 5 accounts were linked--- if i remember correctly fomr the article all 5 followed the same guy that had like 53 followers and was linked personally to Colangelo- the chances of that happening are like the PowerBall odds.

I wonder what will happen. I wonder if this is an offense where he will lose his job, or if it is something he can survive.

Denying it makes him look foolish- but confirming it might make him look even worse. I would think that if there was a dislcosure of information that was illegal- like medical information- a guy like Okafor could sue and compel the identities of the different twitter handles. That is what i would be worried about if i was BC.
we shall see. plus he already denied it to embiid, so he already set himself up to get caught in it

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the more hilarious aspects of the story is Colangelo's burner accounts defending his preference for very large shirt collars.

colangelo_headshot.jpg

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embiid none too happy it seems. He is liking all the tweets on these burner accounts criticizing him. Colangelo is probably toast. Note also the timing of Brett Brown getting extended RIGHT before this story dropped. Colangelo has also criticized Brown in some of his burner accounts.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly if they fired Colangelo and hired Griffin id be worried.

Could end up to be the best for the Philly franchise.

Unless it was all setup by Griffin ...

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk, the description of the Egg dude sounds a lot like Hinkie, to me.

My suspicion: It was not Hinkie himself, but a fan of Hinkie. He is like a god to analytics people at this point, a martyr, and thus, probably has a lot of very tech-savvy fans in various industries.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy is a disgrace and the league and Adam Silver forced him on us.

At a minimum his house should be burnt to the ground and at least his balls cut off. Silver's that is.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My suspicion: It was not Hinkie himself, but a fan of Hinkie. He is like a god to analytics people at this point, a martyr, and thus, probably has a lot of very tech-savvy fans in various industries.
I didn't think it was Hinkie, but after reading that I think it could be. Guy is brilliant.

He should be brought back like Howie was.

Brilliance wins.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I dislike Colangelo, I don't think it holds up.
As much as I would love to have Hinkie/Griffin/anybody else that would help woo free agents here, I'm not buying it.

There is a lot of circumstantial evidence, that could have been an elaborate slow play by a disgruntled Hinkie fan. The most fascinating aspect is the three Twitter accounts getting shut down when Detrick questioned the front office. There is a connection there, but I just don't think it will be pinned on BC. I'm guessing this gets pinned on some low-level lackey that maybe had access to inside info. The email accounts, the phone #s, following his son's college team, those are all rudimentary items. A google search and a little time on Twitter can get you all that info.

I didn't think it would get any worse than the Fultz scenario. I was wrong.
If both Colangelos wind up getting run out of town, it would be a mitzvah.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I would love to have Hinkie/Griffin/anybody else that would help woo free agents here, I'm not buying it.

There is a lot of circumstantial evidence, that could have been an elaborate slow play by a disgruntled Hinkie fan. The most fascinating aspect is the three Twitter accounts getting shut down when Detrick questioned the front office. There is a connection there, but I just don't think it will be pinned on BC. I'm guessing this gets pinned on some low-level lackey that maybe had access to inside info. The email accounts, the phone #s, following his son's college team, those are all rudimentary items. A google search and a little time on Twitter can get you all that info.

I feel it is definitely him, and will be proven to be him. The team probably already knows it is, in fact him. The only other alternate theory is perhaps his son, or perhaps PR people in the organization close to Colangelo.

Reporters are saying some things mentioned in the tweets were things they were told on background by team sources, but that no reporters published. In other words, this was clearly someone on the inside.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fultz trade should be retroactively undone to remedy what the league did to us with this clown.

Only acceptable solution.

Killing adam silver and Bryan colangelos whole families wouldn't actually accomplish anything so the trade MUST be corrected instead.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel it is definitely him, and will be proven to be him. The team probably already knows it is, in fact him. The only other alternate theory is perhaps his son, or perhaps PR people in the organization close to Colangelo.

Reporters are saying some things mentioned in the tweets were things they were told on background by team sources, but that no reporters published. In other words, this was clearly someone on the inside.

We will be fed a scapegoat and not BC.
I hope he doesn't slither out of this, but, alas, my expectations are low....

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will be removed by the team or by rope.
Team's choice.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As a general rule I'll stick to Occam's Razor in situations like this.

If everything points to Colangelo, it probably is Colangelo. And given his penchant to say things when he really doesn't need to, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he felt the need to have burner accounts to say what he really wanted to say.

The team should be able to find out pretty easily if they want to.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he was the one who did it, it is going to be really hard for them to blame a scapegoat. Are they really going to alienate one of their lynchpin All-NBA players just to protect him?

Seems pretty unlikely.

Rights to Ricky Sanchez is going to be absolutely hilarious to listen to today.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep in mind these burner accounts were not just talking shit about Philly players and personalities, but also Raptors players and personalities. Who else would do that?