• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

COD Ghost Multiplayer

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was early to throw this game under the bus so disregard my previous comments in the single player thread.

My 2 cents. (PS3 version) (I’m new to PS3, I swapped over from Xbox because I plan on getting the PS4 instead of Xbox One and getting accustomed to the controller is challenging.)

1) The graphics are not has good as they should have been. They are not terrible but they are not impressive either.

2) Quick scoping is still in the game but it doesn't appear to be as bad as BO2 was.

3) I've been no scoped an alarming amount of time all ready. A sniper rifle should never even get a hit marker if it is not scoped in.

4) The maps are huge but we will learn to adapt. Sovereign, Chasm, Flooded and Stonewall are garbage.

5) Usually if you shoot first you win as it should be, a lot of people are complaining about the health but it seems spot on to me.

6) I'm not sold on the perk system yet, but it has potential. I do like that if I don't carry a secondary, lethal or tactical I can have Off the Grid, Ready Up, Amplify, Dead Silence and Quick Draw.

7) No emp or c4 spam is a good thing.

8) The run and gunner red dot chaser and knife only people will hate this game. The maps are so big that a lot of the times the red dots can't be seen on the mini map.

10) Domination is my main game mode. There are a couple of maps where the B flag is almost impossible to capture because of the placement. This can be very frustrating but rewarding when you do capture it.

11) The spawns will need some patching but for me it's not as bad as BO2 was on release date.

12) My biggest gripe is that once a game starts I can't mute that idiot that starts singing Miley Cyrus or that will not shut up without muting everyone. This has to be fixed. There is a mute all and a mute all except friend’s option (this should have been mute all except party) but you should have the option to mute individual people.

13) It needs a hard drive install option. My PS3 is very loud trying to play this game.

14) Being able to change the appearance of your character is a nice addition to the game.

The game feels different than any CoD I've played before, it almost feels as if Rainbow Six and Battlefield got together and had a child with CoD. It's not perfect but what’s wrong with it can be fixed with a patch. This game has longevity because the ranking up system is very slow.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so speed guy with a shotgun is fucked?

GREAT!

:doh:

7NationalChampionships

SportsHoopla Top 10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is adapting, myself included. Some guns seem nerfed while others are way to powerful, I got one shotted by a shotgun last night from a guy that was damn near across the map, this gmae has glitches but they all do before they get a patch, spawn points are jacked up, and the hit markers are inconsistent. Keep in mind, they guys who made this made the modern warfare series not black ops, so we will see differences. I'm trying to get used to it like everyone else.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't liked how all of the space in COD maps seems to get smaller and smaller. Even on the "big maps" in BLOPS 2 there were so many buildings and obstacles that it was really just a bunch of people fighting in close quarter combat in 2 main areas with the other 60% of the map being no-man's land. It was nice in WaW and BLOPS 1 to be able to actually use the distance and accuracy of rifles to your advantage.

I definitely won't get the game since I'm completely burnt out of COD games after all of these years. It does sound like an improvement though.

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got it on the release date....I'm more of a middle of the road rusher and this game forces you to camp a bit...least night I finally found a gun worth a shit (ak12)...i had a 1.3 kd on blops2 and am at about a .95 on ghosts....you die alot faster in this game if you dont pay attention

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4) The maps are huge but we will learn to adapt. Sovereign, Chasm, Flooded and Stonewall are garbage.

5) Usually if you shoot first you win as it should be, a lot of people are complaining about the health but it seems spot on to me.

6) I'm not sold on the perk system yet, but it has potential. I do like that if I don't carry a secondary, lethal or tactical I can have Off the Grid, Ready Up, Amplify, Dead Silence and Quick Draw.

8) The run and gunner red dot chaser and knife only people will hate this game. The maps are so big that a lot of the times the red dots can't be seen on the mini map.

10) Domination is my main game mode. There are a couple of maps where the B flag is almost impossible to capture because of the placement. This can be very frustrating but rewarding when you do capture it.

13) It needs a hard drive install option. My PS3 is very loud trying to play this game.

14) Being able to change the appearance of your character is a nice addition to the game.

The game feels different than any CoD I've played before, it almost feels as if Rainbow Six and Battlefield got together and had a child with CoD. It's not perfect but what’s wrong with it can be fixed with a patch. This game has longevity because the ranking up system is very slow.
I agree with a lot of these points. Many of the larger maps seem to be built more towards Domination than Team Deathmatch but the largest ones are really just built for camping which sucks. Flooded in general might be one of the worst CoD maps Ive seen but most of the rest of them are actually quite fun.

The main problem I have in this game is that the guns are really unbalanced because of the ability to camp. Marksman rifles like the IA2 are really, really good, Assault Rifles like the Honey Badger are decent and the rest of the weapons feel like a massive handicap.

Ill probably just return the rental and never play it again, tbh. Im not a hardcore fps player, though

7NationalChampionships

SportsHoopla Top 10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't touched it since a few days after it came out. Pure garbage. $65 wasted, I have been playing Battlefield 4.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't touched it since a few days after it came out. Pure garbage. $65 wasted, I have been playing Battlefield 4.

my thoughts as well. I'm back on BoPs2 because I can't stand Ghost. The maps are too fucking big, the guns blow, I hate the "purchase your options" with the coins shit. Especially when you only get 2 coins for leveling up and it takes fucking forever to level up. The maps are dark and half the time I don't see a guy standing right in front of me. It's a camper's paradise. Do these developers not play these fucking games or let the everyday Joe field test them and give feedback? This is just a shitty game IMO.

How's Battlefield 4? Worth the price?

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my thoughts as well. I'm back on BoPs2 because I can't stand Ghost. The maps are too fucking big, the guns blow, I hate the "purchase your options" with the coins shit. Especially when you only get 2 coins for leveling up and it takes fucking forever to level up. The maps are dark and half the time I don't see a guy standing right in front of me. It's a camper's paradise. Do these developers not play these fucking games or let the everyday Joe field test them and give feedback? This is just a shitty game IMO.

How's Battlefield 4? Worth the price?

yes agree, Ghosts blows. Same as MW3 blew. Infinity Ward hasnt made a good COD game since MW2

All about Treyarch and I will play Bops2 until they release their new game in NOV 2014. That and Battlefield 4 because yes, it is worth the 60 bones. It kicks ass.

SideNote. My sons all kick ass at Ghosts and I suck at it.

They all have KDs around 1.3.... :L

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't like Bops2 solely because of lag but I still played it. I absolutely hate ghost, this game is complete garbage with zero fun. They should have called this version Call of Duty Boring.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maps are too big. Infinityward or whoever it is made too many "improvements" I like Black Ops 2 much better. Campaign was alright though.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree maps are to big, boring, it promotes some severe camping, heck i was alway close quarters run and gun guy, and i HAVE to camp to win