• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Clowe ripping apart his teammates

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love everything he said. Towards the end, when he said "I don't know, I don't know"...he knows. He just stops short of going further and possibly naming names. He mentions players that aren't tired right now, that's a knock right there. He mentioned it has to come from leadership, there's a knock. He mentioned that there may be players that would rather score goals than win games, that's a huge knock right there.

Just speculating but this may lead to a rift in the lockerroom. When some guys slack off, others guys know, and this can cause a division or a lack of trust in the lockerroom. We'll see.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Good to see this sort of thing coming from someone other than Boyle for once. Clowe didn't name any names but it's not hard to guess who he was talking about. Heatley, Setoguchi, and probably the Huskins - Vlasic pairing on D. Heatley's poor play didn't go unnoticed by the coaching staff, he was demoted to the 4th line before the 1st period was even over.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to hear how everyone else interpreted that interview.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see this sort of thing coming from someone other than Boyle for once. Clowe didn't name any names but it's not hard to guess who he was talking about. Heatley, Setoguchi, and probably the Huskins - Vlasic pairing on D. Heatley's poor play didn't go unnoticed by the coaching staff, he was demoted to the 4th line before the 1st period was even over.

I did not notice how the lines started out, but when I noticed the Nichol-Heater-Mayers pairing, I thought it was done so that Seto can play with Thornton, and to keep the Clowe-Couture-Fierro line intact. Did Heatley start off playing with Thornton and Marleau?

Clowe sounded like he was getting things off his chest and that it has been bothering him for awhile.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah... Huskins and Vlasic (to a lesser degree) were just fucking atrocious out there.

I like Clowe and him coming out and saying all that stuff. You could tell (from other interviews) that Boyle is tired of being pissed off and is very very close (if not already there) to just not giving a shit anymore -- which is bad but oh well.

Other than that, I thought the Sharks lost a close game to a much better team so I couldn't be too upset.

And now for a comment that filo should skip right past... Clowe should be most pissed at Dougie for putting together this disaster of a defensive squad together out there on the ice every night. When you have that much garbage "playing defense" and having teams (albeit great ones) skating circles around them for 10 minute stretches of time, you just have to say "holy shit, does our blue line suck or what?".

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... Huskins and Vlasic (to a lesser degree) were just fucking atrocious out there.

I like Clowe and him coming out and saying all that stuff. You could tell (from other interviews) that Boyle is tired of being pissed off and is very very close (if not already there) to just not giving a shit anymore -- which is bad but oh well.

Other than that, I thought the Sharks lost a close game to a much better team so I couldn't be too upset.

And now for a comment that filo should skip right past... Clowe should be most pissed at Dougie for putting together this disaster of a defensive squad together out there on the ice every night. When you have that much garbage "playing defense" and having teams (albeit great ones) skating circles around them for 10 minute stretches of time, you just have to say "holy shit, does our blue line suck or what?".

Yeah, that's a very dangerous attitude to have and one that can quickly spread to other players. The "I don't care anymore" attitude, I guess you can call it frustration, can make a team dysfunctional and can ruin an entire roster. It's obvious Clowe is frustrated. So what is he going to do? Play harder and hope it spreads or throw in the towel and say "F this roster, why should I play hard when others aren't".

Someone, either TMac, Thornton (yeah, right), Patty, Doug, has to address this immediately.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's a very dangerous attitude to have and one that can quickly spread to other players. The "I don't care anymore" attitude, I guess you can call it frustration, can make a team dysfunctional and can ruin an entire roster. It's obvious Clowe is frustrated. So what is he going to do? Play harder and hope it spreads or throw in the towel and say "F this roster, why should I play hard when others aren't".

Someone, either TMac, Thornton (yeah, right), Patty, Doug, has to address this immediately.

All I see is a players only meeting happening. But maybe Doug should sit down with his leaders and discuss wtf is happening.

Or Doug sit and talk with Coach Mac and discuss WTF is happening!!!!!!

Trouble in San Jose either way u slice it

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The part I liked the most (besides all of it) was that Clowe actually took responsibility for screwing up. He actually said yeah I did this wrong. The only other Sharks I've ever heard admit to screwing up in an interview is Boyle. Otherwise it's oh bad bounces, or they had good puck luck or some other weak excuse.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I see is a players only meeting happening. But maybe Doug should sit down with his leaders and discuss wtf is happening.

Or Doug sit and talk with Coach Mac and discuss WTF is happening!!!!!!

Trouble in San Jose either way u slice it

Or ownership group sit and talk with Dougie and discuss WTF happened to him.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lack of effort has been linked to the Sharks for half a decade. This is something I don't think a 5 game winning streak will fix. It's a character flaw of the team as a roster. It was somewhat masked last season for whatever reason, but now it's back and now there are guys that have the courage to make some noise about it.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
holy crap, that was the most honest post-game interview I have seen in a long time.
very refreshing. Love that dude's heart.

good luck rest of the way fellas.

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lack of effort has been linked to the Sharks for half a decade.

I have said this for about a whole decade. The Sharks have a problem finding that "next higher gear". This becomes painfully evident when you go into the playoffs... which is where the game naturally becomes a lot more competitive. I would be fine with some guys getting the shit slapped out of them in the locker room. Personally - if they didn't look tired I would pull a Herb Brooks and skate their asses until they vomited bile. They get paid too much to be lazy.

The only problem I have with this is that you don't see enough of the players feeling the same way. I am not comfortable with people on my team that have a "sie la vie" attitude with losing. He's not saying anything remarkable here either - you would hear the exact same revelations from Modano, Yzerman, Messier, Datsyuk, Zetterburg, etc... All of them will tell you that if you want to win the big games you HAVE TO ABSOLUTELY TAKE CARE OF YOUR OWN ZONE. This means all 5 guys back...

If you want to score a lot of goals and not take care of your zone you will do it watching hockey come playoff time for sure.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have said this for about a whole decade. The Sharks have a problem finding that "next higher gear". This becomes painfully evident when you go into the playoffs... which is where the game naturally becomes a lot more competitive. I would be fine with some guys getting the shit slapped out of them in the locker room. Personally - if they didn't look tired I would pull a Herb Brooks and skate their asses until they vomited bile. They get paid too much to be lazy.

The only problem I have with this is that you don't see enough of the players feeling the same way. I am not comfortable with people on my team that have a "sie la vie" attitude with losing. He's not saying anything remarkable here either - you would hear the exact same revelations from Modano, Yzerman, Messier, Datsyuk, Zetterburg, etc... All of them will tell you that if you want to win the big games you HAVE TO ABSOLUTELY TAKE CARE OF YOUR OWN ZONE. This means all 5 guys back...

If you want to score a lot of goals and not take care of your zone you will do it watching hockey come playoff time for sure.

It's impossible to knock the teams from the Sutter era with being lazy. Those teams were just not very talented.

The problem is not going to be an easy one to fix. Until the team is sold to a single owner who cares more about winning than profit or someone in the current ownership group sacks up with the same attitude it will continue. Unfortunatelly the Sharks current prospective on things from both the owners and GM is: "The bigger the names in the lockerroom the better". That may be good for the Sharks bottom line, as they will be regulars in the PO's, but it's not a good strategy for creating a cup winning team.

I hate to say it but this team is set up for a drastic fall from grace in the not too distant future.

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never thought too much of Clowe but was very impressed with his interview, just gained a little respect for that guy..

Until he comes to Colorado!;)

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's impossible to knock the teams from the Sutter era with being lazy. Those teams were just not very talented.

The problem is not going to be an easy one to fix. Until the team is sold to a single owner who cares more about winning than profit or someone in the current ownership group sacks up with the same attitude it will continue. Unfortunatelly the Sharks current prospective on things from both the owners and GM is: "The bigger the names in the lockerroom the better". That may be good for the Sharks bottom line, as they will be regulars in the PO's, but it's not a good strategy for creating a cup winning team.

I hate to say it but this team is set up for a drastic fall from grace in the not too distant future.

Ottawa Senators part two? The tale of another top heavy team.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's a great way to put it. How else can we explain getting swept by ANA in the first round due to lack of fire and competitive spirit, then going out to acquire Dany "trade me if I'm not on the 1st PP unit" Heatley during that offseason.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's a great way to put it. How else can we explain getting swept by ANA in the first round due to lack of fire and competitive spirit, then going out to acquire Dany "trade me if I'm not on the 1st PP unit" Heatley during that offseason.

The sad part is the team that was beat by Anaheim in the 1st round was by far the best team Wilson ever iced. Unfortunately injuries over the 2nd half of the season and into the PO's destroyed any chance that team had of maintianing the chemistry it displayed early on and was utimately thier downfall in the PO's.