• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Cin @ Pit 4:30pm Saturday

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they stick with the run. I understand safeties are out, and that likely means maybe Pitt will be in search of hedging against the Bengals exposing their secondary with more help than normal. Also without their ILB...so, a good opportunity for the run game to get some work against the middle of the field.

Defensively - I'm curious to see how Lou responds to no Reader. Run game there will also suffer, so not only is important to get a solid lead and force Pitt to pass, but I'm curious to see how the LB's, and Hilton especially, are used in run-blitzes to plug holes.

I'd love to see me a good 5-2 or even a 4-4 look...LOL

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Bengals loading up on some extra DL's for today's game...a surprise inactive - Irv Smith.

Sample/Hudson are your TE1/TE2...and quite frankly, it's taken too long to get to this point...

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll give Zac Taylor credit for 8-6 coming in, given the injury circumstances. But this was a Brandon Staley level no show by this staff and team.

Playoffs on the line. Wounded division rival starting street free agents at LB and S. Let’s bring back the HB screens with no blocking into the heart of the DL. The fluke run of Jake Browning is over. He’s played good ball for the last month. But he finally looked like what he is. A journeyman practice squad level backup. He’s not Tom Brady. Kurt Warner. Or even Brock Purdy. So we can put that nonsense to rest.

This defense man….I love Lou Anarumo but this was just not acceptable. I don’t care how many young DBs they have. Can’t get giving up 50 yard pass plays right and left to a 3rd string QB. Pickens averaged 48 YPC tonight….

0-5 in the division. That will not cut it. Not this year. Not any year. This organization needs a deep deep self evaluation in the offseason. They’ve got to retool their philosophies to fit the AFC North. 2021 is a far distant memory at this point.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bengals gave up on running the ball way too soon.

if you're down 2 tds early, you can still run the ball. you have time... you score one, and it is 14-7. and you're defense has time to recoup.

pass happy. surprised they didn't attempt more trick plays where the running back passes to the receiver who passes to the tight end who passes to the QB who passes to the cheerleader who passes to the ref who punts to the center who buys a hot dog.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this one sucks because pittsburgh isn't very good.

we're hurting in a lot of ways right now, just hope some folks like chase are back before KC and CLE, not that it should matter, but we're mathematically still in the possibilities.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll give Zac Taylor credit for 8-6 coming in, given the injury circumstances. But this was a Brandon Staley level no show by this staff and team.

Playoffs on the line. Wounded division rival starting street free agents at LB and S. Let’s bring back the HB screens with no blocking into the heart of the DL. The fluke run of Jake Browning is over. He’s played good ball for the last month. But he finally looked like what he is. A journeyman practice squad level backup. He’s not Tom Brady. Kurt Warner. Or even Brock Purdy. So we can put that nonsense to rest.

This defense man….I love Lou Anarumo but this was just not acceptable. I don’t care how many young DBs they have. Can’t get giving up 50 yard pass plays right and left to a 3rd string QB. Pickens averaged 48 YPC tonight….

0-5 in the division. That will not cut it. Not this year. Not any year. This organization needs a deep deep self evaluation in the offseason. They’ve got to retool their philosophies to fit the AFC North. 2021 is a far distant memory at this point.
To be honest, I thought one of the dirty little secrets of the last two seasons was that the Bengals could be run on if the other team stuck to it. Tennessee never had luck with it but they were so much less a threat to pass. KC and Buffalo absolutely refused to test us in the run game and I think it cost them against us. Baltimore knew it and should have beat us in the playoffs last year with their ground game. This is all to say that I agree that they need to refocus on what will get them beat - And to me that is in the trenches both on offense and defense.

All that said, our fans drive me nuts. We played horribly on Sunday but that came after a couple of tough, emotional games and with too many people missing. If I would have asked someone in August to guess our results in this type of spot without Burrow, Chase, Reader, CTB, or a real TE1 I figure this would have been the predicted result. Having 3 of your top 5 players on the bench is tough. It's hard for me to blame Taylor for this one..... He certainly didn't ask Jake to throw that awful pick near the goalline. They moved the ball okay - But bad QB play screwed them several times. The D was awful - Has been all year. Not sure what to say about it except that they need to correct it this offseason.

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we are still alive which makes me wonder about mediocrity in the NFL. some crappy teams will make the playoffs

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kim Kardasian is buying the bengals and letting Kanye West coach. it should be entertaining.