• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris Denorfia to the Mariners

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me? Sarcastic? :D No, ask anyone around the Padres and everyone to a man loves this guy. Give me playing time and he's much better than his numbers this season. He didn't have it easy in San Diego.

Ha... ok well, hopefully he does ok for us...

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that HD would make this thread purely to troll us. He posted a couple of tweets from people who were expressing their enjoyment of Denorfia as a baseball player. Denorfia is not having the greatest year, but I can see why HD would like him as a player.

He wouldn't.

He likes this guy, and thinks he's some sort of untapped resource of amazingness is all.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wouldn't.

He likes this guy, and thinks he's some sort of untapped resource of amazingness is all.

Someone asked so I gave my opinion, with you nipping at my heels the whole time saying he's pure shit (even though til 12 hrs ago you never heard the guy's name). Apparently everyone from the President of the Padres to all the players to the lowliest fan (me) are wrong. Everyone please forget what I said and ask cezero. He's the man on this one and obviously isn't going to stop barking til someone validates his opinion that Chris Denorfia is dogshit.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a couple of things on Denorfia... given that Ackley is the only outfielder we have that is currently hitting the ball with any consistency, Denorfia is an upgrade in this lineup. Also, he hits the absolute crap out of lefties. We were looking at right handed bats who can do that and he can do that. It's not a blockbuster deal and he wasn't on anyone's radar, but it's a solid move for this season. Unless, of course, you'd like the M's to keep running Hart and Chavez out there in right field on a regular basis.

If Ackley can keep it rolling (I know... big if) and Jackson becomes the massive upgrade in center that he's almost sure to be given what we've been trotting out there, these moves improve the offense from the outfield considerably.