• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chord cutters/Streamers..help a brother out!!

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Digital antennae. That will give you access to all local channels. Other than cost of the hardware, roughly $25, you get free access to Fox, CBS and NBC

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its an option, but not a given
Just got an email from Hulu:
upload_2020-9-10_15-47-5.png

Guess it's for Hulu Live, not +, not that I know the difference :D Just that I can't get rid of ads (even for not live stuff) with Hulu Live. The game is on NBC tonight.

PickleRick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So DirecTV finally bent me over enough to get rid of them, which means no more Sunday Ticket. Thats been the way I watched the NFL the past 20 years, so I'm going into this almost blind.

My research led me to believe that between Hulu and Sling, I'd have as many games as possible. But sling no longer does the NFL Network, so I got rid of it. Currently have Hulu+, Disney+, Amazon prime, and HBOMAX, all through firestick or fire cube.
How do I watch the game tonight? And is there any way to increase the amount of games I can get any given week?
Hit up a local sports bar. Its the only way to usher in a new season, and you dont have to hear all the political nonsense either. Win/win.

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hit up a local sports bar. Its the only way to usher in a new season, and you dont have to hear all the political nonsense either. Win/win.
Where you livin' that you can just waltz into a sports bar like it ain't no thang?!

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I certainly CAN walk into a sportsbar tonight, but I'd prefer not to drop the $50 I'd be sure to spend in beer and cheese fries :). And I'm working to transform my 45year old dad bid to a beach bod by October...and I'm not tempting myself! :suds:

Besides, sports bars around here, in Colorado? If it aintbthe Broncos, good luck

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can check it out for free. They do a free 14 day trial. That's what I did and I like it a lot.
I have signed up for that free trail. I'm gonna try to resist the Redzone..having been spoiled for two decades by the Sunday Ticket, the RedZone always seemed like a cheesy "highlight" reel option. No context in what's going on in the game, no "how was this guy or that guy used on the drive" , "did he look good on that 4 yard gain or was it just a gaping hole and he should've gotten more?". Stuff like that is what I attribute most of my " eye test" stuff to. Not what they do inside the 20.

But, like I'll keep saying, if I get sick and tired of the Orange and blue every week, that may be $10.95 well spent

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll have to be pretty desperate to resort to piracy..just who I am. BUT... A few weeks of the god damned Broncos may affect my ethics

Last year I used a patch work of ways to watch. Had Sling , CBS Access and Prime. Found it adequate.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year I used a patch work of ways to watch. Had Sling , CBS Access and Prime. Found it adequate.
I fought hard for Directtv, for a long time...but somewhere they had a serious issue where they deleted my entire account, all my equipment lost its authorization, they sent a tech, replaced everything, but nothing ever worked right. And then, all of a sudden, I stopped being "a loyal customer of nearly 20 years" and I was a "new subscriber".

When I finally called to cancel, I asked the dude, " how long does it say ive been a subscriber?" He says, "since Febuarary of '20, thank you for your six months of allowing us to serve you". You could hear his jaw hit the floor when I told him, no, its more like 19 years. He was calling the managers and the higher ups trying to get them to do something, so kudos there, he tried. But the only thing they could've done to keep me is to give me the Ticket for free thus year and upgrade my entire system with all new equipment again..they wouldn't do it. So, I cut em off.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fought hard for Directtv, for a long time...but somewhere they had a serious issue where they deleted my entire account, all my equipment lost its authorization, they sent a tech, replaced everything, but nothing ever worked right. And then, all of a sudden, I stopped being "a loyal customer of nearly 20 years" and I was a "new subscriber".

When I finally called to cancel, I asked the dude, " how long does it say ive been a subscriber?" He says, "since Febuarary of '20, thank you for your six months of allowing us to serve you". You could hear his jaw hit the floor when I told him, no, its more like 19 years. He was calling the managers and the higher ups trying to get them to do something, so kudos there, he tried. But the only thing they could've done to keep me is to give me the Ticket for free thus year and upgrade my entire system with all new equipment again..they wouldn't do it. So, I cut em off.
Had for one season. Then after the Super bowl they wanted to double my rate.
So I said bye.:wave: I had been working up to cutting cable/satellite off for years. Best thing I ever did.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah I grew tired of the routine issues DirectTv had. I did the app one year but the quality was shit. I’ve used the antennae for three years now and sports bar or stream Packer games.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had for one season. Then after the Super bowl they wanted to double my rate.
So I said bye.:wave: I had been working up to cutting cable/satellite off for years. Best thing I ever did.
I’ve been without cable for 5ish years now. I use my brother in law’s login info for ESPN. I share Netflix, Hulu and Disney + with family. Each group pays for one. However the antenna is clutch

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven’t had a tv provider for a long long time. Like already said sports through Reddit is free, just have to deal with the ads, so is programming over hd antenna which is what I’m using now for the nfl game tonight.
I use various Provider sign-ins from family and friends for the other network apps, sports or otherwise

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve been without cable for 5ish years now. I use my brother in law’s login info for ESPN. I share Netflix, Hulu and Disney + with family. Each group pays for one. However the antenna is clutch
I've tried antennas many of them, but not getting the reception of channels I need.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I grew tired of the routine issues DirectTv had. I did the app one year but the quality was shit. I’ve used the antennae for three years now and sports bar or stream Packer games.
That app sucked. I tried it once when we went out of town for a weekend. I determined then that if we weren't at home, I was missing the games, simple as that.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like I'm stuck with streaming from reddit.:gaah: Not all thusday night games are carried by prime.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone tried using YTTV or Hulu Live with a VPN?
I might give it a shot this season

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So DirecTV finally bent me over enough to get rid of them, which means no more Sunday Ticket. Thats been the way I watched the NFL the past 20 years, so I'm going into this almost blind.

My research led me to believe that between Hulu and Sling, I'd have as many games as possible. But sling no longer does the NFL Network, so I got rid of it. Currently have Hulu+, Disney+, Amazon prime, and HBOMAX, all through firestick or fire cube.
How do I watch the game tonight? And is there any way to increase the amount of games I can get any given week?

Its more expensive but you can buy Sunday ticket streaming package without a satellite I have done that for years streaming it on my Playstation last season it was $280 for the season. https://nflst.directv.com/