• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chord cutters/Streamers..help a brother out!!

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So DirecTV finally bent me over enough to get rid of them, which means no more Sunday Ticket. Thats been the way I watched the NFL the past 20 years, so I'm going into this almost blind.

My research led me to believe that between Hulu and Sling, I'd have as many games as possible. But sling no longer does the NFL Network, so I got rid of it. Currently have Hulu+, Disney+, Amazon prime, and HBOMAX, all through firestick or fire cube.
How do I watch the game tonight? And is there any way to increase the amount of games I can get any given week?

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you know me, not too tech smart at all. That said, I have dish and watch Red Zone. Thought you could watch on Hulu though.......

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, do you have the Standard channels??? Tonights game should be on NBC right?

Tenn"cock

Always Somewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 12.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So DirecTV finally bent me over enough to get rid of them, which means no more Sunday Ticket. Thats been the way I watched the NFL the past 20 years, so I'm going into this almost blind.

My research led me to believe that between Hulu and Sling, I'd have as many games as possible. But sling no longer does the NFL Network, so I got rid of it. Currently have Hulu+, Disney+, Amazon prime, and HBOMAX, all through firestick or fire cube.
How do I watch the game tonight? And is there any way to increase the amount of games I can get any given week?

Between Hulu+ and ESPN.com I would think you could watch most games.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, do you have the Standard channels??? Tonights game should be on NBC right?
Supposedly yes, tonights will be on NBC, and yes, my HULU package gets me the local networks...which will fucking suck on Sundays since its the god damned broncos all day long.. Which was the entire reason for getting the Sunday ticket in the first place..
Well you know me, not too tech smart at all. That said, I have dish and watch Red Zone. Thought you could watch on Hulu though.......
Last I heard Dish and Sling both fucked the dog in contract negotiations with the NFL.. Tried to watch a little NFL network at my parent's place last weekend, they have dish. The channels listed as NFL network and NFL redzone only had a disclaimer "the NFL has removed these channels"

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Between Hulu+ and ESPN.com I would think you could watch most games.
ESPN.com? As in streaming straight from the website? Do you need to be an "insider"? Cuz if so, I need another plan. Those asshats aren't getting another dime from me...at least not directly

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN.com? As in streaming straight from the website? Do you need to be an "insider"? Cuz if so, I need another plan. Those asshats aren't getting another dime from me...at least not directly

what phone service do you have? if you have the upgraded verizon unlimited plans. they now offer the hulu (don't think it plus), disney plus and espn plus for free.

Tenn"cock

Always Somewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 12.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hmmm... My ISP provider has an agreement with ESPN, so I do have to logon with my ISP account to watch everything live.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, don't watch. Tell people you are boycotting the NFL until they give up on the social justice political shit and go back to just playing football.

Or bitch about too many commercials, or about the games taking too long, or shitty officiating.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually switching over to You Tube TV. You get all of your locals, the NFL network, MLB network, all the ESPN's, and lots of other channels. Also, they offer the Redzone channel as part of a separate sports package. It's not as cheap as the other streaming ones, but it has almost every channel I care about on it. It's $64.95 for the base package and then the sports add-on that includes Redzone is another $10 so it ends up being about $80.00 a month which sure beats the hell out of the $180.00 I'm currently paying for Direct TV. You also get unlimited DVR space and you can stream up to 6 devices. It's available through an app on your Smart TV or through the fire stick.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, don't watch. Tell people you are boycotting the NFL until they give up on the social justice political shit and go back to just playing football.

Or bitch about too many commercials, or about the games taking too long, or shitty officiating.
Well political shit aside...I'm still gonna watch

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually switching over to You Tube TV. You get all of your locals, the NFL network, MLB network, all the ESPN's, and lots of other channels. Also, they offer the Redzone channel as part of a separate sports package. It's not as cheap as the other streaming ones, but it has almost every channel I care about on it. It's $64.95 for the base package and then the sports add-on that includes Redzone is another $10 so it ends up being about $80.00 a month which sure beats the hell out of the $180.00 I'm currently paying for Direct TV. You also get unlimited DVR space and you can stream up to 6 devices.
Thats an option..if they offer enough that we can get rid of Hulu...otherwise I'd rather give DirecTV the 100+ a month..lol

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats an option..if they offer enough that we can get rid of Hulu...otherwise I'd rather give DirecTV the 100+ a month..lol

You can check it out for free. They do a free 14 day trial. That's what I did and I like it a lot.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what phone service do you have? if you have the upgraded verizon unlimited plans. they now offer the hulu (don't think it plus), disney plus and espn plus for free.
At&T...which has its own streaming service about on par with Sling from what I've read. They've got the same offer with Hulu/ESPN/Disney..but it was actually cheaper to go through Amazon than AT&T, and we chose HBOMAX over ESPN since they gave us the option..haha

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you're on reddit, you can always try the free streaming links there.

can't guarantee that they work, but as long as you don't click on the advertisements, I don't think there's harm to your laptop/phone watching the pirated streams.

I'd even imagine as more and more streaming services become fragmented from the traditional cable TV, that more and more pirated options will exist and be decent enough.

We haven't had cable for years, and I typically watch non-local games on my phone. Not ideal, but it works.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll have to be pretty desperate to resort to piracy..just who I am. BUT... A few weeks of the god damned Broncos may affect my ethics

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought if you had Hulu+, you get Disney+ and ESPN bundled with it? WTF am I paying for? :scratch: