• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Chiefs vs Packers and Preseason Recap Thread

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Williams I don't think was in real danger to lose a spot, but he definitely grabbed a spot on that DL. Some tough cuts coming on the DL. Dadi Nicholas continues to impress vs backups. Has some really good bend for a passrusher- I think he has a chance to maybe contribute if used correctly.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some stanky coverage from Acker by the way on some GO's tonight. Only been here a week, but woof, after tonight I am wondering how the hell he started on the Niners, scheme difference or not, for over 10 games.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Williams I don't think was in real danger to lose a spot, but he definitely grabbed a spot on that DL. Some tough cuts coming on the DL. Dadi Nicholas continues to impress vs backups. Has some really good bend for a passrusher- I think he has a chance to maybe contribute if used correctly.

still hard to believe we might be getting rid of Knile Davis...

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quarterback grades: Tyler Bray, 73.1

Bray solid in victory; maintains position on depth chart

It wasn’t a terribly encouraging performance from Bray, but due to the poor play of Aaron Murray and Kevin Hogan, the former Tennessee Volunteer doesn’t have to worry about his job being in jeopardy any time soon. His statline would have looked much better had it not been for three drops as he did a good job of keeping the ball out of harm’s way.

Top offensive grades:

T Zach Sterup, 84.1
G Jordan Devey, 78.3
TE Brian Parker, 77.1
WR De’Anthony Thomas, 76.8
T Reid Fragel, 75.3

Thomas flashes with four catches, 45 yards

On one hand it’s a tad disappointing that in his third season, De’Anthony Thomas still has to play in the final preseason game. But on the other hand it’s encouraging that he’s making the most of that opportunity. Thomas caught all four of his targets and gained 17 of his 45 yards after the catch.

Top defensive grades:

LB Ramik Wilson, 82.3
S Jeron Johnson, 81.9
LB Terrance Smith, 81.8
S Brock Vereen, 80.5
S Eric Murray, 80.1

Backup linebackers impress again

A couple of very clean days for the Chiefs backup linebackers. Undrafted free agent Terrance Smith made a nice stop on a screen early in the game, while Ramik Wilson was a quick read against the run, collecting three stops. Surprisingly, the pass rush was relatively ineffective despite four sacks. Outside of those plays, Chiefs defenders collected only three other total pressures.

PFF writeup for this week for anyone interested.