• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chicago White Sox 2013 Ongoing Thread

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cessna98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dunn is still in there. Yuck

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam Dunn has a day!!!!!

He was 3-4 today, with a double and 2 homers, and tallied 5 r.b.i. Exciting, right?

Well, even with this still early in the season great day, he is still only hitting .156.

I think mnay of us have heard the term/expression "hitting your weight". Well, how does one continue to remain employed when you hit 100 points UNDER your weight?

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knew?

Apparently the White Sox have a secret weapon for their success over the last bunch of years, and it is their trainer. Click below to find out more.

Y! SPORTS

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5/30/13

Never a good thing when you allow the opposing pitcher to go yard on you. However, it is pretty inexcusable for Jake Peavy to do what he did, and give up a grand slam to the Cubs Travis Wood.

Yuck!

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put THIS ONE on the board Sox fans!! Hilarious!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-b...vintage-photo-hamburglar-chic-190353627.html#
Hawkburglar by (Stanley Foreman)
Dayn Perry of CBS Eye on Baseball calls it "The greatest photo of Hawk Harrelson you'll ever see," and that's saying something, considering the fashion worn and the actions taken by Harrelson during his "mod" period. That's Harrelson, White Sox broadcaster today, on the right in 1970 as he throws away a cast used for his broken leg. On the left is the McDonald's Hamburglar, who dresses a lot like Harrelson did in the late 1960s and early '70s.
What's amazing about the Harrelson photo — besides the boot, pants, shirt, Pilgrim hat and Elton John sunglasses — is that it was taken by Stan Forman, a three-time Pulitzer Prize winning photographer. Forman also took one of the most recognizable photos in U.S. history during the the Boston busing riots in the 1970s: One man attacking another with the flagpole with Ol' Glory still attached. A horrifying, iconic, ironic image.
And, in it's own way, so is the shot of Hawk. Here's what Forman says about that moment:

When Ken “Hawk” Har­rel­son (now the Chicago White Sox announcer) had his cast removed from leg injury I was at Saint Elizabeth’s Hos­pi­tal and asked him to throw the cast away for the cam­era. He was a very media savvy ath­lete. Har­rel­son came to the Red Sox dur­ing their Pen­nant drive to replace the injured Tony Conigliaro.
Ah, the great Tony "C" as Harrelson refers (frequently) to Conigliaro. No matter, Forman's work is worth revisiting at his website. He's still got great stories to tell. As does Harrelson, one of the more divisive voices in Major League Baseball.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It this an Indians/Sox game, or a Browns/Bears game?

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the White Sox quit....they really quit!

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
white sox and tigers meet for the first time this year next week.
how can you go till July 8 till you meet a division foe?????

stand by after every game to hear Iffy say..i told you so.
maybe 1 day he will say some thing BEFORE the game

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are there any REAL White Sox fans here? I just came over from ESPN ... I hope some of those long time posters migrate over here. :)

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Craig...I was JLovins over there. Changed my name on here.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds morbid, but iconic White Sox broadcaster Ken "Hawk" Harrelson has the ideal final moments of his life scripted out in his mind.
"I want to die right here in this seat," Harrelson said softly in the booth that he's called home for the past two-plus decades. "That's what I want to do. If I could write my own script, I would die right here in this seat."
Then his voice shifted from softspoken to the familiar baritone that has provided the soundtrack to many a Chicago summer as he calls his imagined final broadcast.

"Verlander on the bump," he began. "Here's the pitch. Konerko hits it. That ball hit hard. Wayyyyyy back … he looks up, you can put it on the boooooard," before hitting his head playfully against his desk while laughing.

"That would be it for me," he continues. "And then all of a sudden on my tombstone it says 'He gone.' "
At the rate he's going, that may very well happen.

Now in his 21st season in the Sox booth, the Hawk has been as much of a fixture on Chicago's South Side as Polish sausage and scoreboard pinwheels.
"This is my 54th year in the game and I've been so lucky to see where it was when I first came in back in 1959," he said. "I've seen parts of seven decades. To see where it was then and where it is today and be involved in it the whole time, it's just been a blessing to see how things change and the culture of the game changes."
Lest you think he's unaware of just how polarizing he is in Chicago, you'd be wrong.
"There's not too much in between," he said. "I've taken a lot of that in between out. It's either 'Hawk, you suck' or 'Hawk, you're the greatest.' One of the two."
Harrelson said his bombastic style comes from the simple fact that he's a guy who enjoys what he gets paid to do for a living.
"I am a fan," he said.
That much has been betrayed in his calls this season. Much like the fans in the stands, the Sox's biggest booster in the booth has been unable to mask his frustration with a season that wasn't supposed to see the team in last place near the All-Star break.
As the Sox go, Hawk goes, after all.

"I love to watch these guys play," he said. "That's one reason that I get so wrapped up in it."
After more than a half century in the game, he's still coming up with new ways to look at it.
Harrelson made headlines at the start of the season for creating his own immeasurable statistic, TWTW, short for The Will to Win, which flies in the face of the numbers-obsessed baseball culture.
It's a motto that became a social media phenomenon, with people on Twitter turning it into a popular hashtag. It's especially ironic considering the man from whose mouth that phrase sprung isn't anywhere near social media.

"I'm not on the YouTube or Twitter," he said.
But he's not ruling it out. While there are any number of Twitter accounts parodying his style, Harrelson said it's only a matter of time before he takes the plunge.