• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cheez-It 355 at The Glen-Watkins Glen, New York

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This week NASCAR is in Watkins Glen, New York for the Cheez-It 355 at The Glen. The week leading up to the race has already had some big events like last evenings' salute to the King by Corning Glass.

Also, it has been almost two years since Tony Stewart was involved in the accident that killed Kevin Ward on a dirt track nearby and there are several articles out chronicalling the changes Tony has gone through in the last two years.

Many agree Tony is not the same driver and may have lost his passion to driver race cars going forward. Whether that it is true or not remains to be witnessed but Stewart has admitted he is still incredibly bothered by that weekend and rightly so.

We shall see who comes out of this road course event as the season continues onward.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Gordon and Clint Bowyer lead the practice sessions. Last Road Course race for Jeffy.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the road courses. I wish there were more of them and I get all warm and fuzzy when I dream of the NASCAR boys running at Laguna Seca, Road America, Road Atlanta or even the Circuit Gilles Villeneueve in Montreal.

This will be a rare Sunday in that I will probably stay in the house and watch most, if not all of the race. Of course it might have something to do with not wanting to be seen in public with a slightly bloody gauze sling under my nose due to 3 hours of sinus surgery this morning.

But I really do love the road races! :yes:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the road courses. I wish there were more of them and I get all warm and fuzzy when I dream of the NASCAR boys running at Laguna Seca, Road America, Road Atlanta or even the Circuit Gilles Villeneueve in Montreal.

This will be a rare Sunday in that I will probably stay in the house and watch most, if not all of the race. Of course it might have something to do with not wanting to be seen in public with a slightly bloody gauze sling under my nose due to 3 hours of sinus surgery this morning.

But I really do love the road races! :yes:

They need more road courses for sure, at least one more.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As stated previously, I cannot watch this production without muting the sound. Lefarte and Burton will not shut-up and they are worse than any woman I have ever known.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is laughable. Dillon and Regan Smith get into after the Xfinity race. Two wussies attempting to push and shove like a couple of school yard girls. lol.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith started it, Dillon didn't want to fight, and Smith really didn't either, he was just trying to play tough knowing there were several officials right there that wouldn't allow them to really do anything. If you can reach and grab a hat off someone's head, you can throw a punch.

This isn't the first time Smith has been a little bitch, probably won't be the last. There's a reason he's back in the Busch Series. Ty would have roughed him up if they had actually fought.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Smiuth is all talk. He knows if he wrecks Dillon next week, Dillon might actually want to fight back and SMith might not have an official to hide behind to save him from an ass whooping.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to like Regan Smith when he drove the 78 for Furniture Row. I've always liked that team, and I've always liked their driver.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going with Johnson, Dinger, Larson, & Allgaier

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeffy may have something to say about that if he doesn't have any trouble.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith started it, Dillon didn't want to fight, and Smith really didn't either, he was just trying to play tough knowing there were several officials right there that wouldn't allow them to really do anything. If you can reach and grab a hat off someone's head, you can throw a punch.

This isn't the first time Smith has been a little bitch, probably won't be the last. There's a reason he's back in the Busch Series. Ty would have roughed him up if they had actually fought.
I'm pretty sure Dillon started it when he dumped Regan on the track on the restart, just like he dumped his teammate Gaughn. You'd be highly upset to if your race was pretty much ended the same way.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure Dillon started it when he dumped Regan on the track on the restart, just like he dumped his teammate Gaughn. You'd be highly upset to if your race was pretty much ended the same way.

So, you agree that Smith is a crybaby bitch. Smith started the physical altercation. Dillon was very apologetic to what happened on track, but off track, Smith was the aggressor, but was too big a bitch to actually do anything about ir.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you agree that Smith is a crybaby bitch. Smith started the physical altercation. Dillon was very apologetic to what happened on track, but off track, Smith was the aggressor, but was too big a bitch to actually do anything about ir.
If Regan Smith is a crybaby bitch for what he done yesterday, then what does that make Kevin Harvick, for his incident with Ty Dillon at Martinsville?

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Regan Smith is a crybaby bitch for what he done yesterday, then what does that make Kevin Harvick, for his incident with Ty Dillon at Martinsville?

Difference is, Harvick was going for a win late in the race. Smith and Dillon tangled fairly early on, and Smith isn't gonna win at a road course anyways.

And who had to be protected by his pitcrew in the Harvick-Dillon deal, and who's pit member threw a sledge hammer?

If you want to smash Harvick for this, you're grasping. WHat about Johnson crying over Kurt Busch racing him too hard at Pocono?

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Difference is, Harvick was going for a win late in the race. Smith and Dillon tangled fairly early on, and Smith isn't gonna win at a road course anyways.

And who had to be protected by his pitcrew in the Harvick-Dillon deal, and who's pit member threw a sledge hammer?

If you want to smash Harvick for this, you're grasping. WHat about Johnson crying over Kurt Busch racing him too hard at Pocono?
So, just because Smith probably wasn't going to win anyway, Dillon dumping him was ok? Come on, man.
According to the video, Harvick ' s #14 crew was protecting him from anyone getting around him. My point is almost all of the drivers talk a big game after being wrecked, but rarely back it up, including Regan Smith, Ty Dillon, Kevin Harvick, Jimmie Johnson, etc. Dillon dumped Smith, Smith was upset. 95% of drivers would probably have had the same reaction.

Last edited:

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, just because Smith probably wasn't going to win anyway, Dillon dumping him was ok? Come on, man.
According to the video, Harvick ' s #14 crew was protecting him from anyone getting around him. My point is almost all of the drivers talk a big game after being wrecked, but rarely back it up, including Regan Smith, Ty Dillon, Kevin Harvick, Jimmie Johnson, etc. Dillon dumped Smith, Smith was upset. 95% of drivers would probably have had the same reaction.

It was pretty clear that it was not on purpose. It was pretty clear that if he really wanted to fight, he could have thrown a punch instead of grabbing a hat, and it was him that was being moved backwards.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm running with Kyle, AJ, Truex and Boris this week.

Boris way in the fucking back, but I figure it's a better start than Cassill. Looks like I screwed my C's again this week.