• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Checking In

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Checking in over here, boys. My netbook can't handle those new boards, too slow. It will be nice to get away from some of those so called "Pirates fans" that post over there as well, the negativity/lunacy is daunting at times.

First post, new winning streak on the way?!?!

Hopefully.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Checking in over here, boys. My netbook can't handle those new boards, too slow. It will be nice to get away from some of those so called "Pirates fans" that post over there as well, the negativity/lunacy is daunting at times.

First post, new winning streak on the way?!?!

Hopefully.

Welcome! SportsHoopla will treat you well. It's also ranked #2 or #3 for sports message boards on Google and above ESPN.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. If the Pirates fans come over, then Pittsburgh will have a pretty solid fan base here between the Pens and the Steelers.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup hope so cause most pirate fans are steeler fans too.. we can paint the world black and gold........lol mornin ghost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad you started this thread, element, and that you're posting over here now. I made a mass invite of Pirate posters on the "robust" Disney board, and gahran said he'd probably make the move. theddd is already here, as well.

I'm also planning on designing a banner this week. Hey, Ghost, what are the dimensions on those, and what format should I use?

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
element welcome! Just like you I tried to post on the new "forum" there it worked once but haven't been able to since. So I just gave up on the Pirate/pens boards on ESPN.

magnumo

ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm coming out of retirement to join this board, as well.

Note to Darkstone: Thanks for posting your invitation over at ESPN.

Note to element: Good to see you here.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Welcome to SportsHoopla, mags! I've been recruiting for SportsHoopla for a year. I think the fruits of my labor will be wrought now that the Disney format sucks.

Also, note to everyone that you can swear here if you're feeling particularly saucy. :p

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
magnumo...welcome. We never really had much interaction on the other boards. I started checking them out right before you gave up on them (I think it was the McLouth trade?) and was part of your annual record guess.
When we get enough over here it will be great to do things like that again!

magnumo

ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greetings, thedddd.

You're right..... the McLouth trade was the straw which broke the camel's back for me. As it turns out, Nate hasn't performed well for the Braves AND has spent a lot of time on the DL. But it was more the principle than the trade itself which turned me off. They had just signed Nate to a team-friendly contract and anointed him to be the kind of player to build the team around (which I agreed with)..... and then traded him almost immediately thereafter.

At any rate, the Pirates have performed much better than I expected this season..... in fact, enough better to rekindle my interest. After being a dyed-in-the-wool pirate fan for almost 60 years, disconnecting in 2009 left a hole in my life. I can only hope that the current season isn't a fluke (and I live long enough to see the Pirates become competitive again).

Regarding the annual won-lost prediction thread: I had a lot of fun doing that and it seemed to provide ongoing interest on the board. Perhaps I'll do it again if this board seems interested.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome Mags and El. Good to see you two make it over to the SportsHoopla. It's a great place to be! :plane:

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
element, welcome! It's about fuckin time!

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good to see you posting again, Mags.

I'm hoping crow and gahran will migrate this way as well. As well as a few others that became regulars this year.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
element, welcome! It's about fuckin time!

Yea, I signed up a year ago, but I was too lazy to move. Moving message boards is a serious business. I do like the format here much better.