• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: CFP SEMIFINAL: Clemson (13-0) vs Ohio State (13-0) 8pm ET ESPN

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cant lead with the crown of the helmet no matter if the offensive player ducks his head or not. Thats what makes it targeting.

Lawrence dipping his head at the last second created the “leading with the crown”. You’re proving my point of the stupid rule always benefiting the offensive player

phantomfoul88

"Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyways, I was rooting for OSU as I always root for the B10 when it comes to bowl games. Watching the replay, looked like a catch and fumble to me. Clemson appeared to be getting a little help from the officiating crew. That said, OSU didn’t help themselves out on multiple plays such as roughing the kicker in the second half. Well, I’m sure they will get another chance to choke again next year.

Agree, as someone posted earlier in the game thread. They didn't sweep the leg.

phantomfoul88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lawrence dipping his head at the last second created the “leading with the crown”. You’re proving my point of the stupid rule always benefiting the offensive player

I think Lawrence laying there really sold it. I think he was hurt more by Young twisted his body.
If he were to pop right back up I don't think the penalty would've been called.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lawrence laying there really sold it. I think he was hurt more by Young twisted his body.
If he were to pop right back up I don't think the penalty would've been called.

Oh I agree the playing hurt definitely helped sell it. Also a player who supposedly got violently hit in the head should have to go through the concussion protocol. Right? Not if you’re Trevor Lawrence though, just sit out 1 play and it’s all good

phantomfoul88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is basically the stat(s) of the game...
Oh I agree the playing hurt definitely helped sell it. Also a player who supposedly got violently hit in the head should have to go through the concussion protocol. Right? Not if you’re Trevor Lawrence though, just sit out 1 play and it’s all good

Yeah, he was holding his arm and the refs bought it.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least ESPN/ABC gets their 2 brands in the title game on their network tough. That’s what really counts, yes?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm coaching db's, I'm telling them, "Go for the knees."

Yep. The knees used to be the spot they didn’t want you to target. Now it is about the only spot you can hit someone and not get flagged.

With QB’s — they may as well put flags on them now and you have to pull a flag to ‘tackle them’. Hit them high — penalty. Hit them low — penalty. ‘Drive them in the ground’ — penalty.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had Ohio State realized what they had in Joe Burrow, there would be two more natties on the shelf. He was never given a chance at Ohio State. Not to worry, Florida suffered through Urban Meyer as well. Lousy judge of talent.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can’t create a ‘leading with the crown’. It is on the defensive player to tackle with his head up.
If he had proper form on that tackle, his face mask would have made contact with Lawrence and it wouldn’t have been targeting.

I may not like OSU, but I have no allegiance to Clemson either. I think Clemson definitely caught the breaks from the officials, but in the case of Wade, that wasn’t a break. It may have been the quickest review of a targeting I saw all year. That’s how obvious it was.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had Ohio State realized what they had in Joe Burrow, there would be two more natties on the shelf. He was never given a chance at Ohio State. Not to worry, Florida suffered through Urban Meyer as well. Lousy judge of talent.
He was given a chance.

What did he do last year?

We got one record breaking year from Haskins, then a Heisman appearance from Fields, plus an extra year.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can’t create a ‘leading with the crown’. It is on the defensive player to tackle with his head up.
If he had proper form on that tackle, his face mask would have made contact with Lawrence and it wouldn’t have been targeting.

I may not like OSU, but I have no allegiance to Clemson either. I think Clemson definitely caught the breaks from the officials, but in the case of Wade, that wasn’t a break. It may have been the quickest review of a targeting I saw all year. That’s how obvious it was.

They got bailed out. It would have been 4th and forever but pretty boy took a boo boo. How can you say it wasn’t a break? Lol they basically got rewarded for getting sacked.

Reactions: gob

SnoopHawg

CJK5H@SMU
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,039.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got bailed out. It would have been 4th and forever but pretty boy took a boo boo. How can you say it wasn’t a break? Lol they basically got rewarded for getting sacked.
Shaun-Wade-Targeting-Lawrence.jpg
Tackling with headdown is targeting.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU definitely had a couple of BS calls go against them but it was the interceptions and the roughing the punter call that killed them.

That roughing the punter was terrible, he ran full into that guy.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why does full speed or slow mo matter? Catching the ball and going 3 steps upfield is a catch.

It wasn't 3 steps of control. You're a blind homer crying about a loss and unwilling to give the winning team the credit it deserves so want to cry refs. I've seen it a million times, and it never stops being pathetic.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

I knew crying about the call on blatant targeting would still be going this morning. As if a hard sack with the head down would ever not get called anymore. :rolleyes:

The lesser conferences gonna lesser when this sham playoff elevates them past reality.

NCG looks weak.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't 3 steps of control. You're a blind homer crying about a loss and unwilling to give the winning team the credit it deserves so want to cry refs. I've seen it a million times, and it never stops being pathetic.

Clemson can suck my dick. They even have to know they got bailed out. But what would a retard from Georgia know

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think it was a completed catch, but that's what they called on the field. I didn't think there was enough to overturn it.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson can suck my dick. They even have to know they got bailed out. But what would a retard from Georgia know

Cry those tears. We're all impressed.

Lost a lot of respect for Buckeye nation in this thread.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody cares what some retard from Georgia thinks.

Three times you've made the same comment. Gotta love a flailing sore loser.

You know what I do when my team loses? I congratulate the opposing team and say good game.

But keep being a crybaby, it's great entertainment for the rest of us.