• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CFL off-season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so couldnt they just sub in the imports after the kickoff or do the starters have to have a minimum percentage of plays they must be in?

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so couldnt they just sub in the imports after the kickoff or do the starters have to have a minimum percentage of plays they must be in?

yah they could in theory ... but its nearly impossible and is always a juggling act with the roster which overall is pretty much 50/50 split between import and nonimport

Canadians end up making more cash because there are fewer of them

they usually play the non-glamour positions (o-line, fullback, safety)

teams that win consistently usually have the most talented cdns in the league on them ... and usually playing the high impact positions slotback, rb, dline

oh and the kickers of course ... the kickers are pretty much always canadian ... i can really only think of 1 US kicker in recent years ... Justin Medlock from UCLA lol

its burns alot of the ncaa guys who come up here to see less talented cdns on the roster sometimes in starting spots ahead of them and then to top it off they would be making less money than those less talented cdns ... alot of those ncaa guys usually call it a football career and go home upon seeing that

the league is what it is lol

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swayze Waters (love that name) and Ricky Schmidt are two American kickers in the CFL.

Waters - placekicker
Schmidt - punter

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah they could in theory ... but its nearly impossible and is always a juggling act with the roster which overall is pretty much 50/50 split between import and nonimport

Canadians end up making more cash because there are fewer of them

they usually play the non-glamour positions (o-line, fullback, safety)

teams that win consistently usually have the most talented cdns in the league on them ... and usually playing the high impact positions slotback, rb, dline

oh and the kickers of course ... the kickers are pretty much always canadian ... i can really only think of 1 US kicker in recent years ... Justin Medlock from UCLA lol

its burns alot of the ncaa guys who come up here to see less talented cdns on the roster sometimes in starting spots ahead of them and then to top it off they would be making less money than those less talented cdns ... alot of those ncaa guys usually call it a football career and go home upon seeing that

the league is what it is lol

if the bills did go to toronto fulltime do you think they could support both them and argos? and would the cfl every think about going back into the US if they did that. Like a new team in buffalo.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the bills did go to toronto fulltime do you think they could support both them and argos? and would the cfl every think about going back into the US if they did that. Like a new team in buffalo.

Toronto argos get very little support attendance wise right now as it is ... i think an nfl team in Toronto might kill them

not sure about the league in totality though ... the bulk of support for it is on the prairies ... but if the corporate dollars left the league for a new NFL team in Toronto, that might kill it

then again like i mentioned somewhere else today TSN has done a great job of making the CFL a cdn social/cultural institution again ... and the new broadcasting contract is large (in the cfl scheme of things) ... kinda like nfl on a much smaller scale ... teams can cover their payroll with just the broadcasting dollars they get ... game tickets they sell are all gravy

I think the CFL might look to Quebec city or the Atlantic provinces before going back to the US

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Ralph‏@danralphcp22m

#CFL source requesting anonymity says former Mtl QB Adrian McPherson has signed with Calgary Stampeders.

Tate, Bo Levi, and AMac - I can live with that.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting...

FarhanLaljiTSN: The #Stamps are bringing RB Martell Mallett back to the #CFL. Former #BCLions, released by #TiCats after Achilles tear in 2012

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
News1130 Sports ‏@News1130Sports now #BCLions receiver Nick Moore worked out for the Houston Texans to go along with workouts with the Chargers and Vikings.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
News1130 Sports ‏@News1130Sports now #BCLions receiver Nick Moore worked out for the Houston Texans to go along with workouts with the Chargers and Vikings.

I can't seem him not sticking with a NFL team, the guy is good.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't seem him not sticking with a NFL team, the guy is good.

he had a rep for the dropsies on seemingly easy passes but he figured it out last season (especially late in the season)

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arash Madani ‏@ArashMadani 6m Have learned the #BCLions own the #CFL rights to OL Jonathan Martin. BC added Martin to its neg list just days after he left the #Dolphins.

Not even remotely close that Jonathan Martin signs with the #BCLions. He still has two years left on his Miami #Dolphins contract. #CFL

That Jonathan Martin's stock has dropped to this extent since the #Dolphins debacle is staggering. Story soon on Sportsnet.ca. #CFL #BCLions

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jarious Jackson leaves the BC Lions to join the Eskimos coaching staff...

Edit: I thought this was recent news, but I guess it happened a few days ago.

Last edited by a moderator:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arash Madani ‏@ArashMadani 17m
The #Alouettes announce Anthony Calvillo will "provide an update on his playing career" next Tuesday. Likely a retirement presser. #CFL

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arash Madani ‏@ArashMadani 17m
The #Alouettes announce Anthony Calvillo will "provide an update on his playing career" next Tuesday. Likely a retirement presser. #CFL

A real shame that his fantastic career ended with AC having to sit out with a concussion. Enjoy retirement Anthony.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A real shame that his fantastic career ended with AC having to sit out with a concussion. Enjoy retirement Anthony.

this sounds bad but at least he got in another CFL salary for that year. I know he did well as opposed to many others but the more these guys get the better. enjoy the retirement see you soon as a coach

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AC made it official this morning - Enjoy retirement Anthony and I look forward to seeing you on the sidelines in 2015 (he's taking a year off to spend time with the family).

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AC took out a full page ad thanking the fans in Montreal - Maybe AC stands for All Class?

BelcLEoIcAAmYQZ.jpg

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw Calvillo turned down the OC job for the Als ... he says he is going to stay in Montreal, take some college classes and one day be head coach of the Als

... but Farhan mentioned there may be some sort of job offer coming from Trestman to join him with the Bears???

Status
Not open for further replies.