• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carl Edwards officially out at Roush

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marty Smith just tweeted that most of the Nascar garage thinks that Edwards will be in a 4th JGR car. I honestly think that is his only option. I really don't see him going to a smaller organization than what Roush was.

I'm curious to see who Petty gets to replace Ambrose. Ambrose has stated numerous times he wants to do what is best for RPM, which makes it sound to me like he doesn't want to be a part of RPM anymore and rumors are circulating that Ambrose is going back to the V8 series in a Penske car.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just means Edwards is going to be re-united with his ex-Roush teammate, Matt Kenseth over at JGR. The megateams continue to form and get bigger and it is going to kill the sport because the small guys don't have near the margin of error and they just can't compete. Stupid is as stupid does.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marty Smith just tweeted that most of the Nascar garage thinks that Edwards will be in a 4th JGR car. I honestly think that is his only option. I really don't see him going to a smaller organization than what Roush was.

I'm curious to see who Petty gets to replace Ambrose. Ambrose has stated numerous times he wants to do what is best for RPM, which makes it sound to me like he doesn't want to be a part of RPM anymore and rumors are circulating that Ambrose is going back to the V8 series in a Penske car.

Yea Jeffro. I think Ambrose is going home to race in the V-8 supercar series for Penske and Ryan Truex will be in the 9 Car because Truex was in the RPM driver developmental program.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roush is losing all their good drivers.

UnBiasedPerspective

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just means Edwards is going to be re-united with his ex-Roush teammate, Matt Kenseth over at JGR. The megateams continue to form and get bigger and it is going to kill the sport because the small guys don't have near the margin of error and they just can't compete. Stupid is as stupid does.

NASCAR has been on a downward spiral for the last decade. Looking back at motorsports, spec series just don't last. Racing is best when there is rampant innovation like the days of the original CanAm and NASCAR during the "stock car" days.

I haven't watched an full race this year (or last), in the past, I never missed a race if I could help it.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear that Unbiased. Supposedly this Racing Teams Alliance (RTA) is going to stop the bleeding but, just as you stated, NASCAR has been on the decline for some time now. There are a lot of contributing factors involved and I am not quite sure this RTA is going to help. What is a fact is that over two-thirds of the teams are losing money each year and with fewer sponsorship dollars, the probably of teams closing their doors and this thing just collasping outright is increasing by the day.

UnBiasedPerspective

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear that Unbiased. Supposedly this Racing Teams Alliance (RTA) is going to stop the bleeding but, just as you stated, NASCAR has been on the decline for some time now. There are a lot of contributing factors involved and I am not quite sure this RTA is going to help. What is a fact is that over two-thirds of the teams are losing money each year and with fewer sponsorship dollars, the probably of teams closing their doors and this thing just collasping outright is increasing by the day.

Like the great Rodger Penske once said, "You want to know how to make a small fortune in racing, start with a large fortune" paraphrase and attribution

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly, I doubt Brian even sees it, let alone acknowledges it...

That is a fact. Brian knows how to ignore the obvious and then say something unrelated about it that makes him look like a total douche. That is the one thing he appears to do well.

WILD FAN

Naked Woman Watcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Another option I've heard that he 'might' go to Hendrick replacing Kahne

WILD FAN

Naked Woman Watcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After seeing the view looking toward Turn 1, I guess I can see 85K. Still - when the rest of the place looks less than 1/4 full, that's a tough sell.

Nascar needs to invest in larger stand covers to hide the empty seats.. really sad when you look at all the empty seats at Indy.. but what they are charging for tickets for these races I can see why the stands are empty