• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cards trade for QB Barkley

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great pick up for you guys, and a sign that you guy's are the biggest threat to dethrone the Hawks. I have my own biased reasons as to why I thinks it's still the Hawks division, but this will be the hottest rivalry in the division. No longer would a Palmer injury erase any chances of competing like last year, Barkley is a solid backup and viable starter IMO. Great pick up and good luck this year fellas!

:suds:

Footballs back :yes:

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cards only gave Philly a conditional pick for Barkley which is good since Barkley hasn't proven to be very effective in the games he has played.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say he is a huge upgrade over anyone the Cards have behind Palmer, just saying.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cards only gave Philly a conditional pick for Barkley which is good since Barkley hasn't proven to be very effective in the games he has played.
Agree with this Dallas troll :D It's a win for the Cards. Worst case scenario is he doesn't stay on roster, therefore you do not give up a meaningless 7th rounder. I think Barkley has the potential to be pretty good. He was never given a chance being stashed on the Philly roster.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say he is a huge upgrade over anyone the Cards have behind Palmer, just saying.

Are you insane? Stanton is the backup & was 5-3 as the starter last season.

This trade is likely just an attempt to get either Thomas or Barkley to the PS.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you insane? Stanton is the backup & was 5-3 as the starter last season.

This trade is likely just an attempt to get either Thomas or Barkley to the PS.
To answer your question, no.

The prospect of Barkley sitting behind Palmer looks like it could be huge for his growth. I like him over Stanton, but that's my opinion. Barkley didn't fit in Kelly's system, and seems closer to what Arians is running in AZ.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To answer your question, no.

The prospect of Barkley sitting behind Palmer looks like it could be huge for his growth. I like him over Stanton, but that's my opinion. Barkley didn't fit in Kelly's system, and seems closer to what Arians is running in AZ.

I find this to be nothing more than flyer or insurance for Thomas. Barkley doesn't fit the profile for a QB in Arians' system. He likes guys with big arms that can chuck it down the field. Barkley is known to not have the strongest arm.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see why fans outside AZ would not get how good Stanton is as a backup. There is just no way Barkley was acquired to be the #2 guy. It's laughable, really. He's PS or #3 bound.

BUT....I love the move. 99% of teams never have to worry about the nightmare of having your third or 4th string QB start a playoff game, but the Cards dealt with this impossible scenario last year. Seemed to have learned their lesson that the 3rd QB spot should be given more value.

Logan Thomas was not good in college. He was terrible last year. Sorry, but if you can show yourself to be a better option by the end of a year than Ryan friggin' Lindley, you shouldn't be in the NFL.