• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My BPA list for the upcoming draft

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With what seems to be quite the demand for QBs early in the draft, I think we're in a good position to land one of the highly coveted players at the 8th spot. I know Pace to date has been more inclined to trade up rather than down to get the player he covets, but this year I'd prefer to see him either trade back or stand pat. Assuming he does the latter and waits on the 8th pick, we should have some solid names from which to choose. Here is my top 10 BPA list for the moment - obviously subject to change.

1. Saquon Barkley - RB
2. Quenton Nelson - OG
3. Bradley Chubb - DE
4. Roquan Smith - ILB
4. Trumaine Edwards - ILB
6. Minkah Fitzpatrick - CB/S
7. Denzel Ward - CB
8. Derwin James - S
9. Marcus Davenport - DE
10. Vita Vea - DT

At first glance you will see that I place great value on the defensive side of the ball. Simply put, there is no player on offense that I want to see taken with our first pick if the name Nelson isn't on our selection card. You will also see no QBs or WRs listed here. While there may be a QB or two who would otherwise slip in on this list, I see no reason to waste any time mentioning any of them, being we are 100% committed to Trubisky. Let's just say if Pace takes a QB at #8, then get ready for an announcement on a trade back to land additional picks. I don't think any WR in this year's draft merits a top 10 BPA, and that's even if Pace didn't go out and sign Robinson and Gabriel. I have Smith and Edwards tied for the 4th spot. I really like Edwards' beastly upside, but Smith seems more ready to step in as a starter and is pretty damn good at what he does to boot.

So let's say up to 4 QBs are taken within the first seven selections, which by no means out of the question. That leave as few as only 3 players taken from the above list. I personally feel that Barkley and Chubb will be goners early on, altho you can't rule anything out. I think our chances of Nelson still being there are slightly better, but again most likely he'll be gone as well. But look at who that still leaves. That's a pretty decent who's who remaining. Assuming those three I mentioned are gone, then I'd be quite satisfied with selecting either Smith or Edwards.

Ok gang, flame away..........

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the two biggest glaring positions of need are interior O-line and LB. Right now - Floyd, Lynch, Acho and Howard is all we have at OLB. Floyd is the only ideal starter in that bunch and he's coming off of a (partial) ACL tear. Trevathan and Kwiatkoski would be our starting ILB's if we were to play a game tomorrow.

Whitehair and Long would be two of our 3 interior lineman. However, Long's durability is a question and Sitton being cut loose leaves a void.

I know Pace likes to go BPA. However, I think we're at a point in our "rebuild" where our needs have been widdled down to a few areas and we can afford to focus on those. Where as when Pace came into the fold... we were just completely talent starved EVERYWHERE.

Along with those two positions. I suppose you can never have too many guys up front creating havoc in the middle defensively either.

I lean Tremaine Edmunds or Quentin Nelson at #8 (if they're there). Trading back would certainly be quite fine as well. This is an ideal year to do it, IMO.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would die for Roquan Smith right now on this team. I don't like ILB's in terms of position value but that boy is a fuckin' monster. He'll be a star, imo.

Nelson is in the same category, but not as fun because he's an OG.

You earn brownie points with me for not listing Calvin Ridley in the top 10 as well.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really hoping for Nelson. Cutting Sitton would make sense if we get nelson.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 10 bpa would be without Barkley........No way in hell he drops to no.8..........

McGlinchey should be on the list being SB won`t be there............

I`ll be a happy camper with one of these guys:

Quenton Nelson
Minkah Fitzpatrick
Bradley Chubb
Trumaine Edwards
Denzel Ward
mcGlinchey

And I gotta ask.................If for some damn odd reason,Saquon did make to 8th,would you draft him and trade Howard or would you entertain offers for the 8th pick.........or just bypass him all together............?

I know its a hypothetical question cause theres absolutely no way in hell he falls that far down.Cleveland is cuckoo if they let him get past no.4.........

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if by some minor miracle Barkley did make it to #8, I would hope that Pace at least listens to offers. I'm sure he could score some serious additional draft picks. And yes I would hope that means a team overpaying for him because he's worth it.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would die for Roquan Smith right now on this team. I don't like ILB's in terms of position value but that boy is a fuckin' monster. He'll be a star, imo.

Nelson is in the same category, but not as fun because he's an OG.

You earn brownie points with me for not listing Calvin Ridley in the top 10 as well.

You like Smith more than Edmunds?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if by some minor miracle Barkley did make it to #8, I would hope that Pace at least listens to offers. I'm sure he could score some serious additional draft picks. And yes I would hope that means a team overpaying for him because he's worth it.

Doubtful that Barkley makes it to #8. However, if he did. We would surely get some very nice offers.

There's some things about Barkley that worry me... Incredible measurables and raw athleticism. However, some issues with vision from some of the film breakdowns I have seen. Which tends surface in a big way in the NFL. So, I am happy that we have zero need to take a RB.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubtful that Barkley makes it to #8. However, if he did. We would surely get some very nice offers.

There's some things about Barkley that worry me... Incredible measurables and raw athleticism. However, some issues with vision from some of the film breakdowns I have seen. Which tends surface in a big way in the NFL. So, I am happy that we have zero need to take a RB.

I'm not as up on Barkley info-wise as you, so I'll trust your instincts. Like most folks, I think the chances of him slipping to #8 are slim to none and slim just left the building with Elvis. But if he somehow did slip to 8, then I would love to be a fly on the wall in our draft room. I'm guessing the phones would be ringing off the hooks. And yes, I'd be for trading him accordingly. But if Pace drafted him as a roster keep, he'd almost certainly have to trade Howard. Of course that's getting way way way ahead of ourselves. I'm still thinking we're going D with our first pick, altho I'd love to see Nelson slip down to us. Huge IF there.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barkley is probably gone at 7 if he gets out of the top 5 which I increasingly think he will, and it doesn't make good sense as a position, cap, or really anything outside of Barkley is very good at football. The team already has Howard and Cohen. Make it work. If you want another RB do it in the midrounds.

Pick a star player on defense and they've made the right call. I can stomach Nelson even though he's an OG, but it would definitely go against what I would probably do. There is no slamdunk star OT, WR, or TE.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Doesn't really run with any power either (look up how many yards he gets after contact) when I watch him. He's like a really big LeSean McCoy with better catching ability. That will definitely play in the current NFL. I won't close the book on it though as there really isn't any reason he couldn't run with more power.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Doesn't really run with any power either (look up how many yards he gets after contact) when I watch him. He's like a really big LeSean McCoy with better catching ability. That will definitely play in the current NFL. I won't close the book on it though as there really isn't any reason he couldn't run with more power.

PennState_logo.gif
    Saquon Barkley*, RB, Penn State
    Height: 6-0. Weight: 233. Arm: 31.39. Hand: 9.5.
    40 Time: 4.40.
    Projected Round (2018): Top-5 Pick.

3/10/18: At the NFL Scouting Combine, Barkley was out of this world with a 40 time that was amazing at his size. Barkley's 40 was better than other recent running backs like Ezekiel Elliott, Leonard Fournette, Christian McCaffrey and Alvin Kamara. Barkley also turned in great jumps that demonstrated his explosiveness and was superb in the running back drills. His combine performance locks him into the top-four picks of the 2018 NFL Draft and bolsters his chances of going No. 1 overall.

Barkley has devastating quickness to hit the hole and accelerate downfield. Along with great speed, he has tremendous balance, vision, cutting ability, elusiveness and power. Barkley looks like a better prospect than Ezekiel Elliott, and is proving that he is a prospect of similar caliber to players like Leonard Fournette and Todd Gurley. There is no doubt that Barkley is an elite prospect and currently is the top offensive skill-position prospect for the 2018 NFL Draft. He is in the running to be the top prospect at any position.

On the year, Barkley averaged 5.9 yards per carry for 1,271 yards with 18 touchdowns. He had 54 receptions for 632 yards and three touchdowns as a receiver.

7/17/17: Barkley was excellent in 2016, and NFL sources have already said they think he's a stud back for the next level. The sophomore averaged 5.5 yards per carry on the year for 1,496 yards and 18 touchdowns. He also made 28 catches for 402 yards and four touchdowns as a receiver.

Barkley was very impressive as a freshman in 2015 when he averaged 5.9 yards per carry for 1,076 yards with seven touchdowns. He also caught 20 passes for 161 yards and a score. Barkley was very impressive running for 194 yards on 26 carries against an Ohio State defense loaded with NFL talent. Barkley is a tough runner with a burst.

Someone is disagreeing with you two.........And I highly doubt he drops lower than the 4th pick Moose.........Cleveland would stupid to let him pass by..........But hey,they are the browns.

And if Barkley was to ever to make it to no.8,we`d be sitting pretty damn good.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
    PennState_logo.gif
    Saquon Barkley*, RB, Penn State
    Height: 6-0. Weight: 233. Arm: 31.39. Hand: 9.5.
    40 Time: 4.40.
    Projected Round (2018): Top-5 Pick.

3/10/18: At the NFL Scouting Combine, Barkley was out of this world with a 40 time that was amazing at his size. Barkley's 40 was better than other recent running backs like Ezekiel Elliott, Leonard Fournette, Christian McCaffrey and Alvin Kamara. Barkley also turned in great jumps that demonstrated his explosiveness and was superb in the running back drills. His combine performance locks him into the top-four picks of the 2018 NFL Draft and bolsters his chances of going No. 1 overall.

Barkley has devastating quickness to hit the hole and accelerate downfield. Along with great speed, he has tremendous balance, vision, cutting ability, elusiveness and power. Barkley looks like a better prospect than Ezekiel Elliott, and is proving that he is a prospect of similar caliber to players like Leonard Fournette and Todd Gurley. There is no doubt that Barkley is an elite prospect and currently is the top offensive skill-position prospect for the 2018 NFL Draft. He is in the running to be the top prospect at any position.

On the year, Barkley averaged 5.9 yards per carry for 1,271 yards with 18 touchdowns. He had 54 receptions for 632 yards and three touchdowns as a receiver.

7/17/17: Barkley was excellent in 2016, and NFL sources have already said they think he's a stud back for the next level. The sophomore averaged 5.5 yards per carry on the year for 1,496 yards and 18 touchdowns. He also made 28 catches for 402 yards and four touchdowns as a receiver.

Barkley was very impressive as a freshman in 2015 when he averaged 5.9 yards per carry for 1,076 yards with seven touchdowns. He also caught 20 passes for 161 yards and a score. Barkley was very impressive running for 194 yards on 26 carries against an Ohio State defense loaded with NFL talent. Barkley is a tough runner with a burst.

Someone is disagreeing with you two.........And I highly doubt he drops lower than the 4th pick Moose.........Cleveland would stupid to let him pass by..........But hey,they are the browns.

And if Barkley was to ever to make it to no.8,we`d be sitting pretty damn good.

I see nothing that contradicts my statement about his vision. Which was actually made by scouts. I'll try to find it.

Nor Moose's comment about yards after contact.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kid looks legit to me.

Browns would be retarded to let him get past 4, IMO.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see nothing that contradicts my statement about his vision. Which was actually made by scouts. I'll try to find it.

Nor Moose's comment about yards after contact.

I bolded it out for you.................You watched the tapes on him........So why would you have to find anything...........?

And I did find Moose`s comment from here:

www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profiles/saquon-barkley?id=2559901

Weaknesses More elusive than he is powerful. Has modest broken tackle numbers during his career at Penn State.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kid looks legit to me.

Browns would be retarded to let him get past 4, IMO.

He is.................And they would be.

And I`m not so sure the Giants are gonna pass on him if Cleveland does not not make him no.1.........I tend to think Cle should take Saquon with the first,then go qb with no.4.

Giants are in a win-win situation...........

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of right now, my guess is this is what will happen

1. Darnold (Browns
2. Chubb (Giants)
3. Rosen (Jets)
4. Allen (Bills)
5. Mayfield (Broncos
6. Harold Landry (Colts)
7. Saquon Barkley (Bucs)

Landry and Chubb both being gone sucks but there's still a lot of great talent to pick from at 8. Might fight over positional value, but there's no excuse to not get a very good player out of the 8th pick, imo.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Darnold (Browns
2. Chubb (Giants)
3. Rosen (Jets)
4. Allen (Bills)
5. Mayfield (Broncos
6. Harold Landry (Colts)
7. Saquon Barkley (Bucs)

Landry and Chubb both being gone sucks but there's still a lot of great talent to pick from at 8. Might fight over positional value, but there's no excuse to not get a very good player out of the 8th pick, imo.

So you think Cleveland will trade the 4th pick.....?

I think it goes:
Cleveland qb or Saquon
The Giants are a mystery to me.......They could go any which way........(Chubb would be a great choice being they traded away Jason Peirre paul)
The jets will take qb.........They didn't trade all those picks not to take one.
Cleveland........Saquon or qb(whichever they didn`t take on their first pick)

It`ll definetley be interesting.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Darnold (Browns
2. Chubb (Giants)
3. Rosen (Jets)
4. Allen (Bills)
5. Mayfield (Broncos
6. Harold Landry (Colts)
7. Saquon Barkley (Bucs)

Interesting and realistic scenario, especially with your prediction of the Bills trading up, which makes tons of sense. I see three possibilities of teams willing to trade up with respect to grabbing a QB. The Dolphins currently at 11, the Bills at 12, and the Cardinals at 15. If Pace has a boner for trading back, it would actually be in our best interests to have as few QBs as possible taken ahead of us. But even if the first seven went exactly as you stated here and Pace decides to stand pat, that leaves us hopefully taking Nelson, my top wish. Or if he wants to go D, then he has such choices as Edmunds, Smith, James, Fitzpatrick, and Ward. I'd call that sitting pretty.