• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Cardinals vs. Saints

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cardinals are leaving too much on the field. It should be 17-3.

This team has either totally abandoned the blitz pressure Bowles used the last couple of seasons or they are just afraid to use it against Brees.

Anyways, I'll be back when I get home from the game.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of thoughts from a good game.

-Palmer looked as good as ever.
-The O-line looked good. Palmer had plenty of time today & there were plenty of holes to run through.
-It's damn nice to have a good receiving TE for a change.
-I didn't see Floyd out there that much.
-All three running backs played well.
-Too many mental mistakes which cost us some points on both sides of the ball.
-The defense played their usual bend but do not break defense.
-Minter looked good. He was quick & fast.
-Too many missed tackles or bad angles that resulted in 3 big plays.
-Betcher didn't blitz as much as we had in the past. It's possible Brees is the reason for that.
-The Saints offense is shit. Dink & dunk. I think 2/3s of Brees' reception were to RBs or WR on screens or swing plays.

Any news yet on Ellington? It looked like a non contact injury from the stands.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe its been discussed, but what was the reason for the field being so shitty? It looked very worn out.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of thoughts from a good game.

-Palmer looked as good as ever.
-The O-line looked good. Palmer had plenty of time today & there were plenty of holes to run through.
-It's damn nice to have a good receiving TE for a change.
-I didn't see Floyd out there that much.
-All three running backs played well.
-Too many mental mistakes which cost us some points on both sides of the ball.
-The defense played their usual bend but do not break defense.
-Minter looked good. He was quick & fast.
-Too many missed tackles or bad angles that resulted in 3 big plays.
-Betcher didn't blitz as much as we had in the past. It's possible Brees is the reason for that.
-The Saints offense is shit. Dink & dunk. I think 2/3s of Brees' reception were to RBs or WR on screens or swing plays.

Any news yet on Ellington? It looked like a non contact injury from the stands.

Ellington's injury doesn't appear to be season ending but it's a PCL injury most likely and won't keep him out too long. I expect him to be a game-time decision for next week and to be limited in practice IF he even does practice at all this week.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put up 408 yards on your team but the offense is shit? Scary to see what an offense who isn't shit would do to the Cardinals then. Offense struggled in the red zone but moved the ball quite easily on Arizona between the 20's

Good game to the rest of the Cardinals fans though

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Law firm, Johnson & Johnson should be able to man the fort until Ellington is back.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put up 408 yards on your team but the offense is shit? Scary to see what an offense who isn't shit would do to the Cardinals then. Offense struggled in the red zone but moved the ball quite easily on Arizona between the 20's

Good game to the rest of the Cardinals fans though

Yes, the NO offense is shit. Dink & dunk. Very few completions down the field. I would say less than 5 completion on passes more than 10 yards down the field. And only one good one, the Cook fade from the slot on PP. I would guess that out of 48 throws, Brees threw 30 at the LOS or behind the LOS.

Yes, you moved the ball down the field. But that's the way the Cardinals defense has always played under Arians. The Cardinals missed tackles or took the wrong routes on your 2 big plays, the swing pass to the RB & the 8 yard slant to WR. Other than that, there really wasn't much there. No running game. No passing down the field. Just mainly swing passes & screens.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, the NO offense is shit. Dink & dunk. Very few completions down the field. I would say less than 5 completion on passes more than 10 yards down the field. And only one good one, the Cook fade from the slot on PP. I would guess that out of 48 throws, Brees threw 30 at the LOS or behind the LOS.

Yes, you moved the ball down the field. But that's the way the Cardinals defense has always played under Arians. The Cardinals missed tackles or took the wrong routes on your 2 big plays, the swing pass to the RB & the 8 yard slant to WR. Other than that, there really wasn't much there. No running game. No passing down the field. Just mainly swing passes & screens.

Good luck vs an offense that isn't shit then if a shitty offense just put up 408 of offense in your house.

Good luck the rest of the way.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck vs an offense that isn't shit then if a shitty offense just put up 408 of offense in your house.

Bk, you watched the game. You saw most of NO's yards came off screen passes. The Cards always give up yards between the 20's. We just don't give up points. Which is kind of the point of the game.
408 means nothing when you put up less than 20 points. The absence of Graham was very evident. The Saints will struggle this year with no red zone target. Atlanta wins the NFC South going away. Book it.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last time I checked they don't determine the winner by yards gained.

Here's a little stat for you, last year the Cards were 24th in yards allowed per game with 368.2. However, they were 5th in point's allowed per game with 18.7. Spout all the stat's that you want at the end of the day the only ones that matter are the ones on the scoreboard.

That said, well fought game the Saints kept it close and made the Cards earn it.

Last edited:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last time I checked they don't determine the winner by yards gained.

Here's a little stat for you, last year the Cards were 24th in yards allowed per game with 368.2. However, they were 5th in point's allowed per game with 18.7. Spout all the stat's that you want at the end of the day the only ones that matter are the ones on the scoreboard.

That said, well fought game the Saints keep it close and made the Cards earn it.

Never said the Saints were the better team. I said on the main board during the game that zona did a great job of holding new orleans to fgs in the red zone. It was a pretty close game throughout. We had several chances to take the lead but failed. No big deal. Arizona was better and deserved to win but was nice to see the saints go toe to toe with them on the road most of the day

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bk, you watched the game. You saw most of NO's yards came off screen passes. The Cards always give up yards between the 20's. We just don't give up points. Which is kind of the point of the game.
408 means nothing when you put up less than 20 points. The absence of Graham was very evident. The Saints will struggle this year with no red zone target. Atlanta wins the NFC South going away. Book it.

You're way too high in Atlanta. They're likely to start 0-2 and still have a bad defense. Idk who wins the division but nobody is running away with anything. It will take 9 or 10 wins to win the division and the Saints, Panthers, & Falcons are all capable of reaching that win total

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said the Saints were the better team. I said on the main board during the game that zona did a great job of holding new orleans to fgs in the red zone. It was a pretty close game throughout. We had several chances to take the lead but failed. No big deal. Arizona was better and deserved to win but was nice to see the saints go toe to toe with them on the road most of the day
Yes, credit to the saints they hung in there. I was just pointing out that Arizona runs a bend but don't break style defense that tends to allow a lot of yardage between the 20's then force turn overs or field goals. As long as they can average around 20 points per game like they have in BA's first two seasons they should be in the hunt all year.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, credit to the saints they hung in there. I was just pointing out that Arizona runs a bend but don't break style defense that tends to allow a lot of yardage between the 20's then force turn overs or field goals. As long as they can average around 20 points per game like they have in BA's first two seasons they should be in the hunt all year.

I agree which is why I'm not too worried about the saints lack of red zone tds yet until i see it happen against other teams because Arizona is known for bending but not breaking

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saints lost to Tampa. At home. Yikes.