• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cardinals Running Backs.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is Kenyan Drake the starting running back?

Serious inquiries only.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think Edmonds should be the starter?

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is Kenyan Drake the starting running back?

Serious inquiries only.
Drake averages 4.4 ypc while Edmonds averages 4.9. Edmonds is often injured when given a heavy load so I think they like to use him sparingly.

Legit question, however.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drake averages 4.4 ypc while Edmonds averages 4.9. Edmonds is often injured when given a heavy load so I think they like to use him sparingly.

Legit question, however.
I think they stick with a RBBC & who cares who the named starter is.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chase Edmonds rushed two times for 13 yards in the Cardinals' Week 11 loss to the Seahawks, adding four receptions for 36 yards and a touchdown.​

Edmonds got out-touched 15-6 by Kenyan Drake even as Drake appeared to re-tweak his ankle. Drake got re-taped but did not come out of the game. The good news for FLEX desperados is that Edmonds found the end zone, catching a wide-open three-yard strike as Kyler Murray fended off an all-out blitz. After his one-game starting flop, Edmonds has resumed operating as a highly efficient, productive change-of-pace back. It is pretty clear at this point that the Cardinals are not going to change it up. With bye weeks over in Week 12, Edmonds' FLEX case will take bit of a hit with the league back at full strength.

Kenyan Drake rushed 11 times for 29 yards and a touchdown in the Cardinals' Week 11 loss to the Seahawks, adding four receptions for 31 additional yards.​

It was the second time in his past three appearances Drake got shut down by the Seahawks, though he at least managed to find the end zone this time. It almost didn't happen, as Drake lunged for the goal line and "fumbled." Replay revealed that he clearly scored, however. Drake appeared in danger of not finishing the game after needing to get his left ankle re-taped, but he didn't end up missing any time. Drake now has 10 days to heal up for a date with the Patriots' slow run defense. Fantasy managers badly wanted the Drake/Chase Edmonds status quo to change, but it just isn't happening. Drake clearly maintains the upper hand.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Legit question, however.

Yeah it may have to do with his injury history. But Edmonds is younger(albeit only a couple years and Drake is only 26) and just seems to be more dynamic. Definitely better in the passing game. And its probably selective viewing on my part but Edmonds seems to get big runs at big times. Last night for example his 1 rush late against Seattle and he had a handful in the other Seattle game they won when Drake went down.

He just seems explosive.

I think the more appropriate question would be why does Edmonds get so few carries in games like yesterday. Doesn't necessarily have to be the starter but the touches should be more of a split imo.