• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Cardinals @ Eagles

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Palmer just under-threw his WR on both picks. The decision was fine, it's the execution that was the problem. Some of that could be put on the O-line. He was under pressure up the middle all day long. If you can't step up into the pocket to make the long throw, chances are that the ball will be under-thrown. Like I said earlier, the decision to make that throw was fine but he just threw it too short. Other than those 2 picks, Palmer still had a good game.

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We did get hosed... no question, however, those are the breaks... if we played better, I'd be more upset. If we played like we are capable, the Cardinals are the better team and wins that game... probably easily... but the fact remains...

The Cardinals didn't play well, not well enough for sure. We got down 24-7, and had to scrap back...

You can't suddenly wake up on an East Coast game, away from home down 17, and expect a win.

Sure, the Refs didn't help, as they were one sided... but we didn't deserve to win this game.

But no Eagle fan should claim the Refs were fair.. they weren't... even the idgits claiming that the Desean Jackson punt return was a bad call... it wasn't... It was one of the few calls they got right.
#42 tackled Justin Bethel (who would have altered the punt return completely) before Jackson even made the catch.

Even national media guys "Mike and Mike" made the comment that the refs were really one sided in this one... so please, the Eagles deserved to win... but they had some extra help.

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both of Palmers interceptions were bad throws. He just floated them and our receiver never even had a chance for them.

That last possession Floyd was being tackled before the ball even got there. Maybe its just me but Floyd is becoming the number one receiver on this team. Palmer to his credit is getting the ball to a lot of receivers but his biggest problem is the interception where you just wonder what he was thinking.

Yeah, they were definitely bad throws... especially since both of them could have been BIG gainers had he actually thrown them farther... we had a step on both of them... those are the breaks.

And the 3rd down pass to Roberts in the final drive was a killer... he just flat out missed it...

I also recall a seam route to Rob Housler that might have been a HUGE gainer that he was off target on as well.

Floyd is becoming the Anquan Boldin on this team... a guy that is left with single coverage, because they are doubling and tripling Larry Fitzgerald... and that is a good thing, because Floyd can make you pay. Both of them are making plays, and eventually, teams will have to start single covering Fitzgerald... and that is bad news for whichever team decides that.

Scorpion14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mistakes were plentiful in this game Cakes but the one that I thought stood out the most was Peterson not fielding that punt and allowing close to an extra thirty yards added to the roll. Our defense was shutting the Eagles down and we were looking at getting the ball close to midfield. Just a critical mental error by Peterson that should not have happened. Forced us into changing field position several times after that and run a lot of clock.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Refs were garbage. NFL needs to take more pride in their product. This games happen too often every year.

One Cards player made a good point that you have to earn the respect to avoid bad calls. He basically said the Patriots and Broncos won't see those iffy calls go against them because of their reputation and the Cards need to get to that level. Fair enough.

I do think the Cards win this game without ref BS. Eagles don't get that TD at the end of the first half without ref assistance (probably a FG though).

AZ needs to find a new punt returner. Peterson is just plain bad. He's one of the worst in the NFL. His rookie year was long ago. His stats since then are awful and you can't blame it on teams trying to kick away from him (if that's even the case anymore).

I dreamt we'd cut Early Doucet last year and we did. My Xmas wish this year is that we cut Rob Housler. He constantly drops passes on 3rd downs and huge plays (he does have some pretty ones in garbage times though...who cares?)

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mistakes were plentiful in this game Cakes but the one that I thought stood out the most was Peterson not fielding that punt and allowing close to an extra thirty yards added to the roll. Our defense was shutting the Eagles down and we were looking at getting the ball close to midfield. Just a critical mental error by Peterson that should not have happened. Forced us into changing field position several times after that and run a lot of clock.

Yup, that was definitely on us... one of the many mistakes we made.
What about the holding call, on a running play on 3rd and about 6 inches ?
I think we ended up converting, but that wasn't good football. We didn't play good football yesterday.

Sure, the Refs weren't helping... but to be honest... it shouldn't have mattered.. we had to play "scramble" football just to get back into it, and those games aren't really what you are looking for.

We just don't play well on the East Coast at 1:00... We just got lucky in the fact that of the 3 games we had to do it again, one was in Tampa and the other in Jacksonville... sure we won them both... but we should have lost in Tampa, and we struggled somewhat in Jacksonville.

You can't go down 24-7 to a better football team than those two and expect to win.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how that one Eagle fan, assclown brings up the penalty on the punt return. it was one of the more blatent penalties of the day. And then he brings up the McCoy run where you could see the guy blocking push Honey Badger directly in the back.

The Refs did have a big hand in the outcome of that game which sucks because it ruined what could have been an exciting finish.

The Cards were -3 in turnovers and were brutalized by bad calls and still almost pulled it out. I am very proud of the way the Cards fought back. Put us in any other division in the league and we are a playoff team.

Last edited by a moderator: