• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cardale Jones to declare for NFL draft

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will announce today in Cleveland at 4pm. I predict he goes 4th or 5th round. Any interest in this mammoth? Huge arm, can run well, very athletic for a big guy. I'm not sure if he fits Chips system however. He has Steelers or possibly Cowboys written all over him.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be okay with taking a shot on him in the 5th round. Surprised he would take his talents to the NFL at this stage. But I guess he feels like he can't win the job in the spring and wants to capitalize when he can.

Brodes81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he doesnt seem like he would be Chips style and i think we need a little more work with the D this draft

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be okay with taking a shot on him in the 5th round. Surprised he would take his talents to the NFL at this stage. But I guess he feels like he can't win the job in the spring and wants to capitalize when he can.

His stock is probably the highest it will ever be at this stage. He has a child. The draft is light on QBs, which benefits him IMO. I think a team like the Steelers would be a great fit for him. Learning from Big Ben for a couple of seasons and he can take over.

On another note. As a Buckeye fan, I worry that some booster or agent would offer money if he stayed for another season. The guy wants to make money. It's a good move and I will dearly miss him. We can't afford sanctions against us again. Urbs has done a great job of keeping shit clean and hopefully it remains that way.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he doesnt seem like he would be Chips style and i think we need a little more work with the D this draft

Agree with addressing the D. However, you can address it with both draft and via FA. I'd look into a WR possibly in this draft.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His stock is probably the highest it will ever be at this stage. He has a child. The draft is light on QBs, which benefits him IMO. I think a team like the Steelers would be a great fit for him. Learning from Big Ben for a couple of seasons and he can take over.

On another note. As a Buckeye fan, I worry that some booster or agent would offer money if he stayed for another season. The guy wants to make money. It's a good move and I will dearly miss him. We can't afford sanctions against us again. Urbs has done a great job of keeping shit clean and hopefully it remains that way.

Urbs is as clean as a 2C hooker. :lol:

Isn't this the kid who made the moronic comments about going to class? Very immature and not shocking he knocked some girl up already. :noidea:

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't feel as though he can read a defense....he stands there patting the ball....He has absolutely no clue of what a pre snap read is. I may be willing to take a shot in rd 5 or later hoping he may develop into something, but that is about it. I do like his arm, and he sure can spin it.

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will go in round 3.

He has to come out now if he's going to cause his stock won't be any higher. He would be coming back as the 3rd stringer again (unless Braxton leaves to another school).

I don't want him here. He reminds me of a Culpepper. Huge cannon with some mobility. Could see Steelers as they need to find Big Bens replacement soon.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Urbs is as clean as a 2C hooker. :lol:

Isn't this the kid who made the moronic comments about going to class? Very immature and not shocking he knocked some girl up already. :noidea:

Shit.. I should have known this was coming. PSU fans taking that jab at my school.:lol:

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well so much for that.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow!! I did not see this coming. Holy shit.. The B1G is going to have to deal with JT and Cardale now. Possibly Brax as well, although I think he's gone. Sorry for putting this thread up my fellow Eagle fans.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The word is "honest." You spelled it wrong.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What an incredible decision. Normally I am the first one to tell a kid to stay in school but imagine his options.

He could return to stay and be guaranteed nothing (except a scholarship and unlimited tail). OR

He could declare for the draft and see where he goes. Worst case here is he goes lower but I think a lot of teams would be willing to bring him in and teach him. I bet the Eagles would. I doubt he would make it out of the 3rd round. That's anicesigning bonus and a guarantee of 3 years unless he is caught raping kittens or some shit. Best case is somebody springs for him late 1st-early 2nd and he gets since signing bonus and potentially a good chance to compete.

Gotta hand it to this kid, it's a ballsy call to turn down that paycheck.