• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Captain Marvel (2019)

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without reading 29 pages, and seeing spoilers is this movie worth seeing

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The main problem with the movie is the same problem the Superman movies have, she’s so overpowered that the movie loses all tension.

I mean yes we know the good guys are gonna win in the end anyway but when you have such an overpowered character the movie suffers for it.

It was better than some MCU movies(Dr. Strange for sure) but I’d give it about a 7/10.
Doesn’t help that she acts non-plussed by anything that’s happening.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should I go see it before going to see The Avengers:End game?
I thought it might tie in to that but it really doesn’t. Only the mid credit scene which you can probably see online now anyway.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it might tie in to that but it really doesn’t. Only the mid credit scene which you can probably see online now anyway.
from what I can tell, she shows up in Endgame...and I guess knowing her background is a nice to know kind of thing, but since the movie takes place a couple decades before Endgame, probably not?

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from what I can tell, she shows up in Endgame...and I guess knowing her background is a nice to know kind of thing, but since the movie takes place a couple decades before Endgame, probably not?
We already knew she would be in endgame from the end credits of infinity war (and she’s on the posters for Endgame)

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We already knew she would be in endgame from the end credits of infinity war (and she’s on the posters for Endgame)
yea, I guess that's obvious...esp since she is in he latest trailer..

"from what I can tell" isn't really necessary in my comment

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without reading 29 pages, and seeing spoilers is this movie worth seeing

I'm going again with my family this week. Spring break, so we'll pick a rainy day and go.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@BusSport

Hey, did you give a review? Just curious, I don't want to go through 30 pages to figure it out and I am curious of others actual reviews of the movie (and others).

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've read a # of reviews that don't seem to critique the PC agenda... seems like it's a lot like the Superman movie, which I hated. It has one of the timelines that keep switching back and forth and it's disjointed and confusing, Brie was extremely plastic and hard to relate to (similar to Superman to a degree), and then she's overpowered and there's really no weakness (I guess even Superman had kryptonite). Anyway, that's what I read. But who really gives a fuck about Captain Marvel? Nobody ever asked for it (unlike Wonder Woman). Captain Marvel was not really a comic go to, in fact the comics changed Captain Marvel between a man/woman, etc. and took various stances on the character because everyone found Captain Marvel fuckin' boring.

I hated Man of Steel (that was the name of it... knew I could remember) and really only got like 1/3 through it until I got bored and just clicked through the rest to get to action scenes which were forgettable. Captain Marvel seems like it's quite similar and right up the same alley.

That said, the Marvel movies are just boring as F these days. Some accident happens to someone... they discover powers, then some evil guy is trying to destroy Earth or the Universe... of course Disney is trying to shoehorn a PC agenda into every one of their movies these days, which is kind of annoying but something I can overlook if the movie is actually GOOD, which so many of these are mediocre.

The Avengers movies are pretty good, because there's a lot of action going on and I think it's cool/unique having a movie that combines so many Superheroes and giving them all screen time. It's a cool thing.

But I didn't see Black Panther, SpiderMan Homecoming, don't plan on Captain Marvel... it's just the same old shit over and over again. Every movie there is some threat that is going to change the World or takeover the Universe!!! In The Dark Knight, it was just some asshole lunatic. Like every film they end some WORLD threat... and then another one pops up. So .... who cares?

Why can't we do it like Blade? We didn't need an origin story of young Wesley Snipes and how he gets bit by a vampire and shows us WHY he can go in daylight. And a lot of these superheros are boring. We didn't need Black Panther, his background/CV was perfectly explained in the Avengers. Just throw him in there.

Plenty of people love these movies regardless which is awesome. But I'm just bored with them now. And why would I want to watch a movie about a superhero with no weaknesses? That's boring. "Yah, go kill the bad threat please. Clearly you're not in any danger of... anything. LOT at stake for this HER.... O (really fuck you Disney on that trailer)"

I don't understand people complaining about and criticizing movies they haven't watched. I mean if you aren't even interested in it enough to see it, why waste your time forming a any sort of an opinion? What's the purpose?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand people complaining about and criticizing movies they haven't watched. I mean if you aren't even interested in it enough to see it, why waste your time forming a any sort of an opinion? What's the purpose?

I saw the trailer. I've seen enough movies in my time to know that when a trailer looks shitty, the movie generally follows that same path.

Regardless, the post you're quoting from me was not about critiquing Captain Marvel directly, but was a post about my lack of interest in the Marvel formula in totality for what it is today. The MU is quite formulaic and for myself quite boring these days... and Captain Marvel is a LARGELY uninteresting hero/mutant in the MU.

It's extremely obvious that Captain Marvel is going to be a "Some normal person... finds super power, <insert training montage>, some super threat to end the world... she/he does super things... almost loses, but then wins" formula. Why do I need to see that again? Also, Captain Marvel was a huge failure in the comic book World... why does he/she (comics did both sexes) need a movie? Oh... right... because vagina power 2019.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

being a douche...

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw the trailer. I've seen enough movies in my time to know that when a trailer looks shitty, the movie generally follows that same path.

Regardless, the post you're quoting from me was not about critiquing Captain Marvel directly, but was a post about my lack of interest in the Marvel formula in totality for what it is today. The MU is quite formulaic and for myself quite boring these days... and Captain Marvel is a LARGELY uninteresting hero/mutant in the MU.

It's extremely obvious that Captain Marvel is going to be a "Some normal person... finds super power, <insert training montage>, some super threat to end the world... she/he does super things... almost loses, but then wins" formula. Why do I need to see that again? Also, Captain Marvel was a huge failure in the comic book World... why does he/she (comics did both sexes) need a movie? Oh... right... because vagina power 2019.

Wonder Woman followed that same formula...

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@BusSport

Hey, did you give a review? Just curious, I don't want to go through 30 pages to figure it out and I am curious of others actual reviews of the movie (and others).

Naw, I didn't post a review.