• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Captain Marvel (2019)

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like a Black Widow movie can't work if we already know that she is a good guy. Definitely should have been a Phase 1 movie.

Captain Marvel should have been before Avengers, as well.

I really think attaching all of these movies to the MCU hurts them but Im definitely in the minority.

Perhaps she wasn't always on the good side. Something could have turned her good

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
use spoiler tags your douchebags
This is the official Captain Marvel thread and it has been out a couple weeks now. Spoiler tags aren’t really needed anymore.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the official Captain Marvel thread and it has been out a couple weeks now. Spoiler tags aren’t really needed anymore.
I don't agree at all.

it came out March 8 so it has only been out a little over a week.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
use spoiler tags your douchebags
she's a superhero that stars in a movie that takes place after this one.

what i'm trying to say is, she dies.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
should star wars episode 1,2,3 have been before 4,5,6??
No, they should be buried at the bottom of the ocean.

I just dont see the allure of a prequel of a double agent when we know which side she picks.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree at all.

it came out March 8 so it has only been out a little over a week.

The Entertainment forum rules are that as soon as a movie is wide-released in the United States, open discussion of that movie is allowed, and spoiler tags are no longer necessary within the thread for the movie.

If you haven't seen the movie yet and don't want spoilers, you shouldn't go into the thread of the movie after its release.

Last edited:

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Entertainment forum rules are that as soon as a movie is wide-released in the United States, open discussion of that movie is allowed, and spoiler tags are no longer necessary within the thread for the movie.

If you haven't seen the movie yet and don't want spoilers, you shouldn't go into the thread of the movie after its release.
I'm sorry but that is a dumb ass rule. You should give everyone a month to actually go and see the dang movie.

Who is going to spoil a movie before it is even released?

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry but that is a dumb ass rule. You should give everyone a month to actually go and see the dang movie.

what compels you to go into a thread about a movie that's released, which you haven't seen? really want to see the takes here to determine if you're going to watch?

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what compels you to go into a thread about a movie that's released, which you haven't seen? really want to see the takes here to determine if you're going to watch?
well we have had a continuing discussion about how much the movie has brought in and the aspect of female superheroes and the "girl power" movement that some people aren't happy about.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again, if you haven't seen the movie and care about spoilers, exercise common sense and don't go into the thread of the movie after it's released.

Since the movie was released, there has already been almost 100 posts --- 10 pages --- in this thread. And that's in less than two weeks! How many posts would there be in a full month?

The rule that spoilers tags are no longer necessary once the movie is being released is so that posters don't have to write out spoilers tags for something like a hundred posts, and so that readers don't have to click open something like a hundred posts.

Furthermore, when someone quotes a post with spoiler tags in another post which also uses spoiler tags for the reply, readers have to click twice in a post just to be able to able to see what post is being replied to.

On top of that, the spoiler tags reset every time you navigate to another page, so if you go back to the previous page, you have to open all the spoiler tags again.

All this is not so bad for a single post, but when there are multiple pages worth of posts, that is an enormous amount of needless tedium.

Movies sometimes get leaked before release. And movies are often released overseas before the US release (as was the case with Aquaman). That's why spoiler tags are required before the US release.

Last edited:

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That was the whole point of posting negative reviews before the movie was even released!
Do you believe most people are swayed by reviews not to see a movie?
Do you believe most people buy a car based on an advertisement?

If so, I have a bridge I'd like to sell you.....

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, if you haven't seen the movie and care about spoilers, exercise common sense and don't go into the thread of the movie after it's released.

Since the movie was released, there has already been almost 100 posts --- 10 pages --- in this thread. And that's in less than two weeks! How many posts would there be in a full month?

The rule that spoilers tags are no longer necessary once the movie is being released is so that posters don't have to write out spoilers tags for something like a hundred posts, and so that readers don't have to click open something like a hundred posts.

Furthermore, when someone quotes a post with spoiler tags in another post which also uses spoiler tags for the reply, readers have to click twice in a post just to be able to able to see what post is being replied to.

On top of that, the spoiler tags reset every time you navigate to another page, so if you go back to the previous page, you have to open all the spoiler tags again.

All this is not so bad for a single post, but when there are multiple pages worth of posts, that is an enormous amount of needless tedium.

Movies sometimes get leaked before release. And movies are often released overseas before the US release (as was the case with Aquaman). That's why spoiler tags are required before the US release.
I disagree, but whatever

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree, but whatever

Yeah I see both sides. On one hand, spoiler tags can get out of hand. But they do provide cover for movies that draw a lot of attention. Brie Larson made some unfortunate comments which drew the wrong kind of attention where people may want to make comments without having to see spoilers.

Tough dichotomy. Personally, I don't care too much for spoilers in the general sense. The only spoilers I care about are really twist endings or truly unexpected events. Telling me what happened in a movie as for generic events means nothing to me.

Reactions: gob

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you have to take into consideration that Marvel wants to appeal to everyone they can. By having a female or an Asian hero, it expands their viewership. It is just smart business to do that...but you have people getting mad about it and that's stupid.

I am a little surprised Captain Marvel wasn't directed by a woman.

has a woman directed a superhero movie yet?

One of the directors was a woman.

Also Patti Jenkins directed Wonder Woman