• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Canadian Canuck Hate??

wolfgang

wkern42
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
So I have been wondering about this. Same thing happened last year. Van is the only Canadian team left (I know, the Sens are in this year but...) and yet nobody outside of BC and Ex-pats (Canuck Nation) seem to have any desire to cheer for this team.

Whats up with that? Is it Lotus-Land envy? Is it 'caus their teams suck and they are jealous?

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
So I have been wondering about this. Same thing happened last year. Van is the only Canadian team left (I know, the Sens are in this year but...) and yet nobody outside of BC and Ex-pats (Canuck Nation) seem to have any desire to cheer for this team.

Whats up with that? Is it Lotus-Land envy? Is it 'caus their teams suck and they are jealous?

a little of column A, and little of comulmn B. :)

We in Vancouver would never cheer for Edm, Cal, or Tor either.
I would assume those in Ott or Mtl zones don't have anything against us, and we have a lot of fans in the prairies, so Jets fans would probably be OK with us, too.

However, as nearly ALL media in Canada is from Toronto, all you hear about is the hating articles.
And we are kind of easy targets - no wins in 40 year history, led by ginger twins, have a couple of pests and no thugs, riots the last coupe of times we got close, etc.
also, we haven't really come into the playoffs as plucky underdogs that are easy to write a "cinderella story" article about.

oh well, we have learned to embrace the hate.