• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can we stop with the Wentz MVP talk now?

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it has been a pretty great year for QBs in the NFL

Lots of young guys stepping up and a lot of guys you wouldn't expect putting up some great numbers.

Wentz is up there with the rest of them, but he is certainly not running away with it, especially after last night. That loss is on him, unfortunately.

Will he still be in the conversation come the end of the season? I guess we will see. Still a lot of football left to play.

All it takes is one of those cheap shot offsides hits from last night to injure him and the fate of the Eagles changes completely.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's still on track for a shot at it, but losing to Wilson head to head sure don't help.
Wentz still put up solid numbers despite losing. I really blame the conservative playcalling early. Doug did not have a good gameplan going in apparently. Despite the miscues etc. the Eagles were still in that game. It took Seattle's A game to win last night. They did not turn the ball over at all to our 2.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady's 2017 stats. Based on all QBs who have played in at least 1 game and have thrown at least 1 pass.

2017 Season Comp.300 Att. 438 Compl. % 68.5 TD 26 Yards 3631 YPG 303 INT 4
NFL Rank 1st 2nd 17th 3rd 1st 1st 35th

Considering that Brady had not had two WRs all year that he had last year and Hogan has been out for the past three weeks, I have to say that he should be #1 in the MVP race. But, 95% of all NFL fans and writers hate him for his longetivity and success against their favorite teams. Chance are slim.

BottleWalk

Holier Than Thou
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really I think it would be cool to see Mark Ingram and Alvin Kamara split the mvp, like Manning and Mcnair did back in the day despite being on different teams. Wouldn't that be something? Lol....

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, and when he finally plays a good team on the road he gets destroyed. Look at who the eagle have beaten. The NFC East is a joke this season with the giants, Cowboys and skins weakened severely by injuries and suspensions. Then consider all of the rest of the scrubs. Wentz could not beat a seahawk team missing it's two best defensive players!! Lol

Yeah, destroyed is 350 yards passing and 65% completion rate. He had a huge fumble and missed Agholor twice for 2 easy TDS but he didn’t get destroyed.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take Russell Wilson away and the Seahawks might have 1 or 2 wins. He is the MVP if we are talking about the definition of the word. He is the QB, RB and O-line (considering he has to scramble on every throw to buy time). Do the same with Brady and they are probably still winning their division (considering it is a hot steaming pile of garbage). Wentz would finish 3rd or 4th if the season ended today. Could he close the gap? Sure. But at this point he would finish no better than third.

It's not even close. Wilson is the MVP at this point if we are talking about "the most valuable player".

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take Russell Wilson away and the Seahawks might have 1 or 2 wins. He is the MVP if we are talking about the definition of the word. He is the QB, RB and O-line (considering he has to scramble on every throw to buy time). Do the same with Brady and they are probably still winning their division (considering it is a hot steaming pile of garbage). Wentz would finish 3rd or 4th if the season ended today. Could he close the gap? Sure. But at this point he would finish no better than third.

It's not even close. Wilson is the MVP at this point if we are talking about "the most valuable player".

I agree. I thought Wentz was in the lead but after last night Wilson is the front runner after 12 weeks. Maybe it’s sour grapes but I think it’s wack how he runs 20 yards backwards and throws the ball out of bounds and it’s not grounding. But he is very special. Very VERY special.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz did make the best throw of the season
I remember Jeff George making throws like the one Wentz made last night. That was very impressive.. I am not here trying to say wentz is bad

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember Jeff George making throws like the one Wentz made last night. That was very impressive.. I am not here trying to say wentz is bad

That was pretty impressive, all upper body, 45-50 yards, pretty damn good

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a list of the defensive rankings that the Eagles played this year. It is very interesting. 8 of their 10 wins were against defenses that were ranked 13 or worse. Their 2 wins against top 10 defenses were the Broncos ranked 5th, who are one of the worst teams in the league and the Panthers ranked 6th.

Then NFL is a long season. Right now the Eagles have beaten teams with a combined record of 60-82. I realize they don't write the schedule, but their overall comp has been pretty bad. Once you get to the post season you are playing the top teams/defenses and usually teams with experience. I'm not saying they can't do it, but I would probably slow down the hype train. They are one loss away from the 4 seed.

Rank Win/Loss
19 Win
30 Loss
32 Win
17 Win
13 Win
6 Win
19 Win
25 Win
5 Win
21 Win
15 Win
9 Loss

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I thought Wentz was in the lead but after last night Wilson is the front runner after 12 weeks. Maybe it’s sour grapes but I think it’s wack how he runs 20 yards backwards and throws the ball out of bounds and it’s not grounding. But he is very special. Very VERY special.
I have to deal with that shit twice a year. It gets real old real quick.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz still put up solid numbers despite losing. I really blame the conservative playcalling early. Doug did not have a good gameplan going in apparently. Despite the miscues etc. the Eagles were still in that game. It took Seattle's A game to win last night. They did not turn the ball over at all to our 2.
I blame that soft shit too. Seahawks are banged up in the secondary, go fucking beat them. Deshaun Watson threw for like 400 and put up 40 points when they weren't even that banged up yet. I have no idea what that fancy run shit was. Throw the fucking rock.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz simply is not as great as most on here make him out to be. I just don't see it. That reminded me of Jeff George.
You’re retarded. Plus you always talk about how you’re boycotting the NFL and then you still watch games. Ultimate idiot.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz simply is not as great as most on here make him out to be. I just don't see it. That reminded me of Jeff George.
I have no idea how the Cowboys board can tolerate the dumb ass you truly are? For you to compare Wentz in his 2nd year in this league and doing what he is doing and comparing him to Jeff George is just stupid. Go back to boycotting the NFL like you claim you've done.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prescott MVP!!! You heard it here first! :dhd::dhd: