• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

can we just textually shoot jason reid now ?

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bingo! The rest of that draft was weak & until the current regime was considered by some to be the best Redskins draft in recent memory. If the Redskins biggest mistake is say taking the 9th best player when they should have drafted the 4th best player then they should still do very well assuming that they use the rest of their picks wisely, and they draft like this pretty much every year.

I don't seem to recall the Seahawks selecting any huge stars with their #1 picks & they have been in the past two SBs. However - they have drafted very wisely beyond that - better than the Texans who have all sorts of all-stars & potential all-stars on their team.

Again the point was, at least I think this was his point, the players we acquired by trading back and acquiring more picks amounted to nothing. So essentially we traded JJ Watt for Ryan Kerrigan and yeah, regrets should be everywhere regardless of the fact that Kerrigan is a good player.

Anyway back to Scherff I can't wait for him to dominate.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again the point was, at least I think this was his point, the players we acquired by trading back and acquiring more picks amounted to nothing. So essentially we traded JJ Watt for Ryan Kerrigan and yeah, regrets should be everywhere regardless of the fact that Kerrigan is a good player.

Anyway back to Scherff I can't wait for him to dominate.

That basically suggests that the team at that time had bad scouts & bad talent evaluators. It is not an indictment of trading down or anything else. People need to stop comparing the previous FO personnel to the current ones - there is no comparison (& I have repeatedly stated that the coach should never have GM like duties as was the case w/ Shanahan).

BTW - other teams screwed up on Watt so obviously he was not as highly regarded by many teams. This happens all the time. Otherwise - the pro bowl would strictly consist of the top 10 players in each draft & this nowhere near close to reality.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're going in circles now so let's move on OK? You are basically saying don't worry about Watt, we got Kerrigain so we should be happy and I just disagree with that. All the other stuff about our draft history, other teams missing on Watt etc is off point IMO to the original comment you made that I disagree with. But whatever, let's talk about Scherff.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're going in circles now so let's move on OK? You are basically saying don't worry about Watt, we got Kerrigain so we should be happy and I just disagree with that. All the other stuff about our draft history, other teams missing on Watt etc is off point IMO to the original comment you made that I disagree with. But whatever, let's talk about Scherff.

Chill - peace. BTW - lol @ something being off topic. Over half the posts on most threads in this forum are off pt/topic. No big deal - this is all for fun so no reason to stress over it.