• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cam and Hardy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do we resign Cam Newton and if so for how much?

Do we resign Hardy?

how about Bell? do we resign him

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Yes to Cam - it will take at least $18 million a year type of contract
No to Hardy - The Defense is plenty good and Richardson has driven his stake in the ground on the domestic violence issue.
No to Bell - (unless he is dirt cheap) He ranked next to last statistically among tackles if I am not mistaken.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam is not worth 18Mil. 13-16Mil i think we ink him. he has not proven he should be at that upper echolon of money.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Cam is not worth 18Mil. 13-16Mil i think we ink him. he has not proven he should be at that upper echolon of money.

Totally agree but there are an ass load of teams needing a QB and the draft is weak so it will drive the price up.
I like the Kaeperneck contract. He gets paid well if he performs. If not the team can cut him after this next season without a big financial consequence.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree but there are an ass load of teams needing a QB and the draft is weak so it will drive the price up.
I like the Kaeperneck contract. He gets paid well if he performs. If not the team can cut him after this next season without a big financial consequence.

Cam has publically stated he will not accept a contract like that. and to be honest i dont blame him. i wouldn't want it either. Guaranttee's is where the players make there money. Kaep's contract is low on that there for there is no security. Kaep should have fired his agent. basically as it is the organization has alot of control over really everything, you give them even my control with this type of contract. and history shows organizations will exercise those options quickly

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
The big picture is Cam has improved in all areas but accuracy and I wonder how much of that is due to his injury and often throwing off his back foot. I do think he has grown into a leader and that was a major concern early on. I feel like his accuracy will improve and the quality of his weapons will improve. Benjamen drops will go down. Philly might turn into a quality receiver and we will probably draft another in the first 3 rounds

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prolly do. Brown flashes ability to be a pretty good number 3 reciever.

Cam the last 4 years has floated between 56 and 60% accuracy. i dont actually see him improving at all in that area but if mecanice improve that can happen. his pre reads are also still a work in progress. the point is he is not where he needs to be to be worth almost 20 mil a year. and the lack of progress and inconsistancy in his pre reads and accuracy are areas that are concerning as they tend to dictate whether you win or loose. he seems to be the type of qb that when he is surrounded with solid players he will perform at a very high level but he will not be able to elevate fellow players performance.

i believe if he wont come down to a max of 16 mil a year. you have to let him walk. the cap implications will restrict us from being able to aquire solid players and keep certain ones therfor we will stay in a mediocre status for most of his carreer.