• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cahill Trade Talks Heat Up!!!

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a potential Cahill trade in the works. Thank the baseball Gods. If this pans out, Bradley will be in the starting day rotation.

Now we just need to get someone to take Hill & Ross.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gambo is going to have to fight with every member of Dbacks nation for the right to drive Cahill to the airport.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like multiple teams are in on Cahill. This could mean we get a better prospect(s) in return.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The trade is done. Cahill + $6.5 mil for Josh Elander. Elander is basically worthless. A converted catcher to LF who just turned 24 & had to repeat A+ ball, which didn't go well for him. But the good news is that we saved $6 mil & opened the door for Bradley or Delgado to start the season in the rotation.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take back what I initially said about Josh Elander. He does seem to have pop & his 2014 season was a waste due to an injury that he tried to play through which ultimately led multiple DL stints. He is basically a lotto ticket.

baseballamerica

"Elander is still a prospect with the potential of becoming a solid offensive force. As you mentioned, the problem has centered on injuries, at least as far as 2014 is concerned. He has done an excellent job of making the transition from catching to playing left field, and he drives the ball with good consistency that could result in solid power numbers. As an older guy who has yet to clear the Advanced Class A hurdle, Elander needs to put together a solid 2015 season that includes succeeding at Double-A Mississippi in order to maintain his status as a big league prospect."

Last edited:

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take back what I initially said about Josh Elander. He does seem to have pop & his 2014 season was a waste due to an injury that he tried to play through which ultimately led multiple DL stints. He is basically a lotto ticket.

baseballamerica

"Elander is still a prospect with the potential of becoming a solid offensive force. As you mentioned, the problem has centered on injuries, at least as far as 2014 is concerned. He has done an excellent job of making the transition from catching to playing left field, and he drives the ball with good consistency that could result in solid power numbers. As an older guy who has yet to clear the Advanced Class A hurdle, Elander needs to put together a solid 2015 season that includes succeeding at Double-A Mississippi in order to maintain his status as a big league prospect."

Honestly, he doesn't have to do anything but warm up the bench in the minors for all I care… we win this trade either way. HUGE addition by subtraction, imo. Excited that they are giving Bradley a shot and I'm sure Blair will get his opportunity later. Also more flexibility given once Corbin and Arroyo return.

Today was a great day… haven't been so happy about a guy getting traded since… well, never.