• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

C Sam Mustipher to Denver

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had his brother PJ on our PS last year until he was signed off our PS by the Saints (Since signed by the Eagles)

Hoping Forsyth can beat this guy out and is the real deal but good insurance.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This tells me the Broncos aren't really high on any of the centers in the draft, other than Jackson Powers -Johnson, who might very well be a first round pick

They sign Mustipher as depth instead of using a pick on a guy who'd end up being depth

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This tells me the Broncos aren't really high on any of the centers in the draft, other than Jackson Powers -Johnson, who might very well be a first round pick

They sign Mustipher as depth instead of using a pick on a guy who'd end up being depth

Or maybe it might tell you they are high on Forsyth to not draft a Center?

and with any young C it is smart to have a guy in competition with him with some experience.

It seems to me Denver really likes Forsyth. Payton talked him up all year last year... Didn't play him at all last year but didn't want to risk losing him on the PS so kept him on the roster all season. Similar to the way Matt Paradis and Tom Nalen started their careers.

Also, another player to keep an eye on this year is Alex Palczewski. He earned a roster spot last year. We hid him on IR all year. Broke his hand late in camp. Didn't really have the roster room for him to bring him up after that but he and Forsyth are in the plans.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mustipher sucks. He got run out of chicago. Think about that for a minute. He’s a back up at best.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mustipher sucks. He got run out of chicago. Think about that for a minute. He’s a back up at best.

There is a reason he is still a UFA at this point... However, again... I think the signing is fine for Denver. I think the plan is Forsyth will be ready to win he starting job but you can't just give it to him.. I don't see the point in drafting a C if you think your starter is Forsyth.. However, you need someone there to compete with him.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, if you read my post

"They sign Mustipher as depth instead of using a pick on a guy who'd end up being depth"

That is exactly what I said

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember, Wattenberg also came out as a center... His ability to play multiple spots probably saves you from "having" to keep a backup C like Mustipher if Fosyth looks like he is ready.