• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Browns > Raiders

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont see this making sense, considering Derek Carr Taking Snaps for the Raiders , The Raider Offence runs itself stacked with Talent, The Raider Defence behind JDR compared to the Browns under HJ is going to be a huge difference ! It seems like with the Browns its More "Hope" with you! The raiders are "Looking good, Feeling Good"

How does this not make sense? Since the Raiders and Browns last made the playoffs the Browns have actually had a better record over that stretch making them the better team of the two. Both have been two of the worst 5 teams in the league for a long time so that is like saying taking 2nd to last is better than taking last. Neither are something either team wants to brag about.

Now that doesn't mean that will remain the same moving forward. At this point I feel fine saying that the Raiders have the better roster. I actually like the coaching staff of the Browns better as I think Hue Jackson is a really really good coach and well Del Rio is average at best. Raiders definitely have some promise moving forward with a young promising QB, good OL, and some promising pieces on defense. Need to see it all come together on the field though before I start really thinking they have finally come out of the hole they have been digging for years.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well i know your Facts made sense, since they are "Facts", but thinking the browns might be better than the latter, is what didn't make sense to me! But i do agree with you in part, Saying Jackson is a better coach is your opinion, i think they are both very good but different coaches! That being said, the raiders and there roster stick out above the browns and there roster. Your "Facts"(stats) if i were guessing, are going to lean towards the raiders in the coming years.

I like how you highlight the word "facts." There is no getting around it when it comes to wins and losses the Browns have been better. Past success/failure doesn't mean though that we will see that pattern continue. Now I will say I don't know if it will continue to lean towards the Raiders. I think the Raiders have a great maybe 2 year window here where cap wise they can spend big because their stars are very cost controlled. They are further along in their rebuild than the Browns but I like what the Browns have done this off season for the most part. I think they got younger and are working to really reset the organization moving forward. I don't think they will have a great year at all this year. Probably another top-5 pick in their future. But I think here in a couple of years with all these draft picks and if they can actually stick with Hue Jackson longer than 1 season I could see them on the upswing. So have to see what that means. Like I said though the Raiders have a talented roster and should be the better of the two teams here for at least a couple of years. I still though need to see the Raiders actually show they know how to win. I keep thinking of the St. Louis/LA Rams and how they have been everybody's dark horse to finally emerge over the last few years yet they keep hovering around that 8-8 mark and I think part of it is coaching is lacking and they just don't have a winning culture. When the pressure gets turned up they crumble.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also @NizFelifa welcome to the Hoop. Glad to see another Raiders fan on the board to add to the conversation. Now understand I highly dislike the Raiders but I also enjoy talking to fans of other teams and I know others on this board do too. So stick around as you will not find a better and more knowledgeable group of fans on this site than here on the Broncos Board. And I actually do mean that as we have quite the collection of connections with guys who actually talk to some of these players and get a little more of the inside scoop on things.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations to the Raiders! With their 3-1 start and combined with the Browns 0-4 start they are now officially the Browns' equals in the seasons since 2002, the last year both teams made the playoffs. Good work, Raiders: you are as good as the Browns!