• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Browns DE Myles Garrett Wins DPOY

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone can cherry pick stats. Garretts' and Parsons' pressure rate was much higher, it wasn't close. Watt had WAY more snaps. He also was very good at sacking the QB while unblocked. Apparently that is a stat too. So the Steeler defense was on the field more bc their offense was so bad. Congrats!

Garrett had the much higher win rate, pressure rate and double team rate.

View attachment 353973

View attachment 353971

View attachment 353972
More snaps... Sure, but let's put that under a microscope... Since TJ also does coverage snaps, let's just focus on pass rush snaps & sack output. Watt had 50 more pass rush snaps than Garrett, which produced 5 more sacks. Extrapolating Garrett's sack production with 50 more snaps would have only netted him 15 sacks vs TJ's 19.

The "unblocked sacks" argument is tiresome and has been debunked. TJ only had 2 unblocked sacks last year. 2 out of 19 total. Take away those 2 sacks and he still beats Myles by 3 sacks. Don't recall how many unblocked sacks that Myles had.

Double-teams... This stat doesn't account for RBs in pass-pro or chip blocks. TJ primarily rushes from 9-tech which is virtually impossible to double-team without the help of a chipping TE or a RB in pass pro. Watt rushes from that alignment more than twice as often as Garrett. The tradeoff for that alignment is that he has much further to go to get to the QB. Also, Watt rushes from the same edge and doesn't roam to different alignments to create mismatch opportunities like Garrett. The double-team rate is an overinflated argument for Garrett.

Advanced metrics without actual sack/TFL output really feels hollow to me.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this years MFPR ( Media's Favorite Pass Rusher). Also, who hasn't won recently. Might as well just rotate it around to the 5 or 6 elite edge rushers out there.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How he hasn't won DPOY more than once is baffling... probably because he's white.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one of the dumber arguments out there. Ultimately it comes down to Cleveland had a better year. Fair or not but that's the situation.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MOST would be smart enough to dodge those type of questions.

Most would also be smart enough to know that's how the US media and politicians work these days.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL clearly loves Jim Schwartz.

I guess

the D shit the bed in the playoffs but collectively had an exceptional year. When you look at the turnaround a scheme change did..

Myles is obviously the catalyst of that. But personally I think it's stupid the Browns won 4 postseason awards and it would have made no difference to me if TJ won this.

But what Parsons is saying..is TJ doesn't get double teamed anywhere near as often. The opposing team having to account for Myles to that degree causes issues elsewhere.

It's also a matter of the hybrid role TJ has

regardless I'm not going to spend hours and hours trying to break down Watt. If he won I'd say it's well deserved.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who the fuck asked Parsons and why was he a dumb shit to respond?

warning signs galore.
Parsons is proving time and again that he is a complete idiot. Every time he opens his mouth, something stupid comes out. He should stick to letting his play on the field do his talking, imo. He would get more respect and have more credibility. Better yet, take responsibility and become a better leader on his team and forget about what other teams and their players are doing.