• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texans Rookie DE Will Anderson Wins DROY

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lmao what a joke.

Sauce the Grab Gardner wins it hands down because of a major market... Witherspoon was a FAR better corner than Sauce "THE GRAB" Gardner was this year let alone last... oh but yah... give it to Texas.

*yawn*

Typical East/MidWest bias.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jalen Carter’s week 11-18 wasn’t as strong as his weeks 1-10. At the same time, how does he lose to an edge that only had 7 sacks? Mind boggling. Carter already grades league wide as a top 10 DT.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jalen Carter’s week 11-18 wasn’t as strong as his weeks 1-10. At the same time, how does he lose to an edge that only had 7 sacks? Mind boggling. Carter already grades league wide as a top 10 DT.

Turner shouldve finished ahead of him........thats a sham.

He played for a team as to where this supposedly " generational" talent should have thrived on that defense and didnt.

He was advertised as being lazy by scouts when he showed up overweight......scouts got it right,Bears got it right and fleeced you clowns.......
And to think,we gave up a 2nd for Sweat,and you drafted a "generational" bust.......

Congrats

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turner shouldve finished ahead of him........thats a sham.

He played for a team as to where this supposedly " generational" talent should have thrived on that defense and didnt.

He was advertised as being lazy by scouts when he showed up overweight......scouts got it right,Bears got it right and fleeced you clowns.......
And to think,we gave up a 2nd for Sweat,and you drafted a "generational" bust.......

Congrats
I have no respect for your football opinion to begin with. I doubt you watched Carter play much at all this year. I have even less faith in your ability to grade and judge defensive tackle play. The fact that you would call any player a bust after a single season, especially one with a successful rookie campaign just reveals you to be a retard of epic proportions. Enjoy rooting for the worst organization in the National Football League and may God have mercy on your bankrupt soul.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no respect for your football opinion to begin with. I doubt you watched Carter play much at all this year. I have even less faith in your ability to grade and judge defensive tackle play. The fact that you would call any player a bust after a single season, especially one with a successful rookie campaign just reveals you to be a retard of epic proportions. Enjoy rooting for the worst organization in the National Football League and may God have mercy on your bankrupt soul.

But yet your evaluation is better than the voters.......

Maybe if he didnt get lazy,maybe if we wasnt such a pos in life,he would have gotten an extra sympathy vote just for you.......

Wah wah wah......cry moar.

Scouts got it right,Bears got it right,voters got it right.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking they penalized Turner because of playing with A.D. but who the hell knows with these guys. They might be wearing a blindfold and throwing darts too.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston is going to sell a ton of jerseys this offseason. Stroud is 100% legit (at least right now) and Anderson just trails along.

Anderson was voted DROY because of jersey sales and ratings. That's it. That's all that matters. Philly looks like they're on implode mode and nobody cares about Seattle (Philly/Seattle had the best defensive rookies. More impactful than Will '5 of my sacks came against Arizona, Tennessee and Denver' Anderson at the end of the season when those teams were basically in lose mode anyway - Hell Wilson was benched).

As for MVP: Mahomes and Jackson. They're both 'minorities', one is passing to a guy dating one of the biggest pop stars in America.. it's pretty obvious to see where that was going. Sorry CMAC, you're white.. get the fuck outta here with your privileged ass.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking they penalized Turner because of playing with A.D. but who the hell knows with these guys. They might be wearing a blindfold and throwing darts too.

Just wasn't as well known being a 3rd round pick and when the Rams are on defense the announcers are slobbering over Donald non stop ( He is going to be HOF player so...). His stats look better then Carter across the board ( both being a DT), so PR was definitely a factor.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they are supposed to look at stats, right?

Isn’t that their job?

If they looked at the stats, they would’ve seen Turner was double-teamed more than Donald, therefore negating the “Donald effect”.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wasn't as well known being a 3rd round pick and when the Rams are on defense the announcers are slobbering over Donald non stop ( He is going to be HOF player so...). His stats look better than Carter across the board ( both being a DT), so PR was definitely a factor.
I’m sorry, but being a 3rd round pick doing what he did should hold way more weight than a guy that was drafted #3 overall.

He’s supposed to be good being taken that high. Turner, not so much.

But, you are right. It’s a popularity contest. Same reason Stroud won over Puka. Dude broke a 60 year old receiving record and most receptions by a rookie and still couldn’t get the votes to win.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m sorry, but being a 3rd round pick doing what he did should hold way more weight than a guy that was drafted #3 overall.

He’s supposed to be good being taken that high. Turner, not so much.

But, you are right. It’s a popularity contest. Same reason Stroud won over Puka. Dude broke a 60 year old receiving record and most receptions by a rookie and still couldn’t get the votes to win.
Texans were hapless prior to Shroud and Shroud was simply amazing. QB being way more important then WR by a wide margin I have no problem with him getting that award.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texans were hapless prior to Shroud and Shroud was simply amazing. QB being way more important then WR by a wide margin I have no problem with him getting that award.

this is ridiculously obvious to me. I don't even understand the argument otherwise.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Puka n Kobie were fucked.

I just don't get how anyone can see the Texans going from 13 and 38 over a 3 year period to nearly matching that win total in 1 season and think Puka should win ROY.

The impact Stroud had cannot be equaled at the wide receiver position.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't get how anyone can see the Texans going from 13 and 38 over a 3 year period to nearly matching that win total in 1 season and think Puka should win ROY.

Blows my mind.

the crime woulda been Stroud finishing second.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stroud had a nice season. Puca had a season for the record books. Puca's impact was significant as well though. He lead a group of rookies to put up some better than average numbers. The Rams WRs went from a question mark to arguably the strongest aspect of the team.

And judging by some of the the winners this year. Impact wasn't viewed the same for every category. Cuz Kobie losing to Anderson was some bullshit. As was Watt losing to Garrett to a lesser extent.

Yeah, it's cool that Houston won almost as many games this year as the last 3 or 4 years combined. Not sure if it qualified as historical. What Puka did most certainly was.

I wasn't surprised by Stroud winning. There was a more deserving recipient though.