• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Monday Night Football: Browns at Steelers

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throwing in what they gave up to get him and what they paid him, this could go down as one of the worst player acquisition decisions. Imagine what they could have done with those 3 1st round picks and $230M. He got a pass for how shitty he played last year even though he was horrible. All this with a great running game which is a QBs best friend. The Browns are a very talented team that has done OK with crappy QBs recently. Unfortunately for them it's too late to go back and undo it because they guaranteed the whole thing. Once those cap hits start kicking in he better be playing better than he has so far. He has somehow managed to drop his his horrible QBR from last year of 40.4 to 29.3 this year. With Chubb I still think they would have been a playoff team. Hopefully for Cleveland, Watson starts playing like they hoped with 2 home games and a bye coming up.

Pretty sure I gave it an F grade at the time. Giving $230M to a guy who was out of football for a whole season (plus the suspension we all knew would happen) non injury related and 3 1st rounders? The absolute hell were they thinking?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I went to bed early and didn't finish watching the game but I knew the Browns would find a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory after seeing that opening pick six. The Browns are so much more talented than the Steelers right now on paper, but that is what, 12 straight losses in Pittsburgh? They cannot beat the Steelers at Heinz field or whatever it's now called.
Same, I was only watching to watch Chubb.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watson for Fields SU lol
That would actually be a great trade for Cle. Not meaning that Fields is better but if you could shed $46M per year off your cap for the next 3 years you could start to right that wrong. Fields would cost like nothing and you could play him and a bunch of other FAs you could sign with the $46M or use the savings to pay for a decent QB. Or just get use Fields as a wildcat because he would cost so little. Unfortunately there aren't often any top QBs on the market to sue that $46M on and you are too good to get an early draft pick.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would actually be a great trade for Cle. Not meaning that Fields is better but if you could shed $46M per year off your cap for the next 3 years you could start to right that wrong. Fields would cost like nothing and you could play him and a bunch of other FAs you could sign with the $46M or use the savings to pay for a decent QB. Or just get use Fields as a wildcat because he would cost so little. Unfortunately there aren't often any top QBs on the market to sue that $46M on and you are too good to get an early draft pick.

I'd take it today lol

Chicago would not