• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos v. Seahawks Game

Miked383

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most important I hope Wolfe is okay, initial signs look promising that he will be fine.

Overall a very sloppy game, glad to get it out of the way in the pre-season. The offense moved the ball well, mainly through the air. I am a bit worried about our RB situation right now, Hillman look average at best even before his fumble. He doesn't run with any power and doesnt seem to be able to break any tackles. Montee looked slightly better running the ball but shaky in pass protection. The starting O-line looked pretty good for the most part, too many turnovers on offense.

The D looked pretty bad to, giving up too many yards and points. Didn't really see anyone on D that stood out early on, I'm not sure why Bradley is in with the 1s right now, seems like Irving is playing better. Special teams looked pretty bad as well.

The officiating was about as strong as the Broncos play throughout the game, strange illegal formation calls. They missed a chop block call on Wolfe's injury, they let too much chippy stuff go, picking up the holding call on the kick return TD. Doesn't really matter as its preseason, but they were pretty shaky.

Glad they got that out of the way, ready for the regular season to start. Hopefully no more injuries.

Barrelman Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A sloppy game, but offense moved the ball well. Both of those fumbles would have been reviewed in the regular season, and Hillman's would have been reversed. Injuries though.

Defense played well too. Not going to show too many blitzes in the preseason, which is some of the lack of pressure. Starting secondary had a poor performance. Harris got beat by an unknown WR, which rarely happens near the RZ for him. Champ got beat deep again, and Rahim was late with his helps. Duke's coverage was alright, but he was huge making tackles when our DL got harassed on run plays. Defensive Tackles have been absent this preseason though. Ayers and Philips played well.

Our RBs showed why people got excited about CJ. It's a shame he got hurt, because after tonight's performance by the others he might have seen some time with the 1s next week. Hillman continues to underwhelm, and will likely end up in the same place he was last year. Knowshon will probably start the season and Montee will get plenty of touches. OL looked much better today, but Manny is getting abused. Won't be long before Kuper is starting C. WRs looked really good going against the best secondary in the league.

Special teams is where I'm legitimately worried from this game. While some of the guys playing won't even make the roster, there were several that will that were missing tackles.

If I didn't know better I'd say replacement refs worked this game. Way too flag happy for pointless calls, and then no calls on several plays for both teams.

Overall, not worried too much. Offense moved the ball well against a top 5 defense, and defense played effectively against a decent offense. Wolfe will probably miss the rest of the preseason, but flying home tonight, wouldn't surprise me if he's active against Baltimore. Welker and Vasquez should be okay. Champ injury has me worried, although I think we could survive with DRC, Harris, Carter.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm totally convinced that Omar Boldin is incapable of even making a tackle. He missed like 3 more this week.

This was a crazy sloppy game. Like you guys....I'm glad they got it out of the way. Holy crap is Russel Wilson legit or what? That kid is gonna murder teams for the next ten years.

I wanna see some serious improvement next week on both sides of the ball. Its time to get ready to roll here fellas.

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a sloppy game. I agree the offense moved the ball well. I am not worried about that. Defensively, the Hawks and 49ers both moved the ball fairly effortlessly against the number 1s.

The running game is leaving a lot to be desired. Hillman's fumbles may have been reversed, but he did fumble. Twice actually.

Osweiller. Well, lets just hope Manning does not get hurt, and lets hope he does not retire after this year. That is all I have to say about that.

kagey7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad we can now dispense with the "Super Bowl" talk for awhile. Damn that SI jinx.:L

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ I think thats a good idea. Just be glad preseason doesn't matter bc it doesn't get out healthy and its a win.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense gentlemen but not sure what game you were watching:noidea: I didn`t see much good out there at all. To say the O-line looked good is pretty funny. I sure hope Clady and Kupe make a huge impact on that line when they return ( don`t like to say mean things but Rameriz needs a career change. Terrible) What really stood out to me is Pete Carrol got his guys ready to play. Aggressive, fired up on both sides of the ball. Obviously they`ve had enough of all the Denver SB talk. Fox better find a way to amp it up and dump that passive attitude. I know it was only pre-season but Seattle showed they deserve more SB talk than Denver. Uninspired,passive,embaressing display by Broncos. I certainly will delete recording today:L Oz better watch his back too.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad we can now dispense with the "Super Bowl" talk for awhile. Damn that SI jinx.:L

Looks as if SF and Seattle are much better prepared to face high expectations than our team is.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also heard Vasquez went out with knee injury. God help us if serious.

Barrelman Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning had all day to throw. He got blown up once on 6 man blitz, but was rarely under pressure. There were cutback lanes for Hillman and Ball most of the time. Specifically, the blocking in the RZ before Hillman fumbled was strong. Ramirez was getting abused all day but was often receiving help from Vasquez.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was preseason folks. No need to get amp'd up for a meaningless game. Execute what you are asked to well and it is a good game. How many times have we seen a team light up the preseason only to get blown out in the regular season? We have no idea how much planning each coach actually puts into the game.

Tgann put it correctly, come out healthy and it is a win.

I am more worried about the injuries we have sustained than how we looked on the field.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was preseason folks. No need to get amp'd up for a meaningless game. Execute what you are asked to well and it is a good game. How many times have we seen a team light up the preseason only to get blown out in the regular season? We have no idea how much planning each coach actually puts into the game.

Tgann put it correctly, come out healthy and it is a win.

I am more worried about the injuries we have sustained than how we looked on the field.

You are definitely right that preseason games aren't a good indicator of how a team will play once the season starts. At the same time, I think it's been a little disappointing to see how much more athletic and physical than us our opponents have looked in much of the first two preseason games, particularly the starters. SF and Seattle are perhaps two of the best teams in the league, so I was hoping for a little better showing from our team against such strong competition.

HOF-ELWAY-7

Speed Kills
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only concerned about the injuries (for now). If the sloppy play continues next week I will start to worry. Welker, Wolfe, Vasquez and Bailey added to the long list of injued players this preseason and all players that we can ill afford to lose. The news mentioned Bailey could have the dreaded lisfranc injury. Hopefully all of last nights injuries will be fairly minor and we got them out of the way for the season. Rough camp so far.

TruHoxFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After all these years

After all the years of being the whipping boys of the AFC West, it was good to see Seattle go out there and throughly stomp the gonads off the Broncos. Glad it was only a preseason game though.

But I digress.

The main reason I came to your forum is to say that if Manning and Welker develop any kind of chemistry, the rest of the AFC better watch out. Those two are going to be lethal to opposing defenses. Your team has something special brewing, mark my words. And I almost never have anything good to say about Denver. Unless, of course, you're playing the Steelers.

Here's wishing all Bronco fans a great season and hopefully our two teams will meet again in the Superbowl.

FFSparky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's wishing all Bronco fans a great season and hopefully our two teams will meet again in the Superbowl.

TruHoxFan, same for your Seahawks !

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more and more I see of Osweiler, the less and less confident I become about the future of the Broncos. Luckily, he's still young, still has time to grow because he is not ready yet at all. But with Manning there, he's got at the very least 2-3 more years before he's actually got a shot at starting.

Other thing I took away from this game, let's please get out of the rest of preseason healthy. Preseason injuries have to be the worst. Never good to lose guys in meaningless games. Doesn't sound like any of the injuries were serious, but you never know when a big one's gonna come. It's preferred that it doesn't happen in preseason.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After all the years of being the whipping boys of the AFC West, it was good to see Seattle go out there and throughly stomp the gonads off the Broncos. Glad it was only a preseason game though.

But I digress.

The main reason I came to your forum is to say that if Manning and Welker develop any kind of chemistry, the rest of the AFC better watch out. Those two are going to be lethal to opposing defenses. Your team has something special brewing, mark my words. And I almost never have anything good to say about Denver. Unless, of course, you're playing the Steelers.

Just curious Hox Fan, Why didn`t we see Christine Michael ? He banged up? Really like that guy. If he can stay healthy and out of trouble......very dangerous. Its just bummer he has the Beast in front of him.:suds: