• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos' Top breakout candidate 2022

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defined as 3 years or less in the league and ready for a big jump in performance:

1) Jerry Jeudy
2) Jonas Griffin
3) Baron Browning
4) KJ Hamler
5) Dre'mont Jones

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I would struggle with that word "breakout" for a guy like Dre'Mont as to me he was borderline top-10 for his position last year. Nobody watched him other than Bronco fans though because they team stunk.

I'll go KJ Hamler here though. I know he is coming off the injury, but just watching what he is already doing this offseason he looks like a man on a mission. Second half of the season when he is fully healthy I think he could become one of the most underrated weapons in the league. His game fits really well with Wilson. He is one that needs a very accurate QB and that is what Wilson brings to the table. I can't wait to watch him run some of those slot fade routes and just destroy defenses.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I would struggle with that word "breakout" for a guy like Dre'Mont as to me he was borderline top-10 for his position last year. Nobody watched him other than Bronco fans though because they team stunk.

I'll go KJ Hamler here though. I know he is coming off the injury, but just watching what he is already doing this offseason he looks like a man on a mission. Second half of the season when he is fully healthy I think he could become one of the most underrated weapons in the league. His game fits really well with Wilson. He is one that needs a very accurate QB and that is what Wilson brings to the table. I can't wait to watch him run some of those slot fade routes and just destroy defenses.
Good to see you CD.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dre’Mont was my #1 on my list last year and I feel like he already broke out.

1. Jeudy
2. Browning
3. Hamler
4. Cooper
5. Ojemudia

Half tempted to say Dulcich but I don’t like adding rookies to this list.:-)

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The long snapper? :noidea:

Just joking around BroncosNation. Been to a bunch of games over the years (started in '10), my wife's a lifelong fan. We haven't been to a game since the '18 season but gotta feeling that could change this year.

They should be really fun to watch.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have this feeling McTelvin Agim is going to have a good camp too and be depended more into the rotation but not sure he will ever been more of a rotational guy but I do think he comes a long ways this year.

Sterns is another guy with Jackson likely in his last year. Sterns will see increased reps.

I think Mike Purcell is in some danger of being a guy who is going to feel some heat this training camp.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The long snapper? :noidea:

Just joking around BroncosNation. Been to a bunch of games over the years (started in '10), my wife's a lifelong fan. We haven't been to a game since the '18 season but gotta feeling that could change this year.

They should be really fun to watch.

The long snapper broke out last season. ;)

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The long snapper broke out last season. ;)

Did you hear the news about Demaryius? So sad. If his number isn't retired I think it should be.

from si- Demaryius Thomas diagnosed with stage 2 CTE in posthumous brain examination

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for posting that, @Wamu - I was going to and didn’t get around to it. Really sad…

Always good to see you around. What’s going to happen with the Browns at QB this year?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you hear the news about Demaryius? So sad. If his number isn't retired I think it should be.

from si- Demaryius Thomas diagnosed with stage 2 CTE in posthumous brain examination
Definitely sad. I am not a huge fan of retiring jersey numbers personally but I woukd at least keep it from being used for awhile muxh like we did a few others.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for posting that, @Wamu - I was going to and didn’t get around to it. Really sad…

Always good to see you around. What’s going to happen with the Browns at QB this year?

What's up with the Browns QB's situation? Watson's a scumbag, I will never root for him. Sucks he plays for my team now.

As far as his upcoming suspension. He deserves whatever he gets.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stern
Meinerz
Anderson
Cushenberry
J Harris

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stern
Meinerz
Anderson
Cushenberry
J Harris
Cushenberry is an interesting one. The coaches have raved about the kid all offseason. Obviously very little contact up to this point, but it has been good that at least in the film room he has been crushing it. Also seems like Wilson has attached to him up to this point in the offseason inviting him to come snap the football when he is working with the receivers.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was actually going to say Cushenberry is a breakout candidate in this scheme. They have always raved about his smarts, but he has to put it down on the field now. Year 3. If he plays well the line could be very good.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I am interested to see how Browning does at edge and do think he could be successful, I'm not sure I would take the word of Mario all that serious. No one hypes up players he is connected to more than Mario. And if you bad mouth any player who comes to his clinic for treatment watch out because you will have the wrath of twitter coming your way.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll throw out another name here. I think this guy will win a starting job this year in Netane Muti. He had some big time flash moments last year when called upon and I think this year he really takes that next step. The combo of him and Meinerz on the interior could give the Broncos one of the stronger interiors in the league. Seems a bit counter considering the Broncos are going to the wide zone scheme, but I think those guys will prove themselves well.