• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos for Sale at End of Season?

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like from media reports it is going to be Rob Walton with a 4.5 Billion bid who will be the new Broncos owner.
He's the front runner no doubt. Wish he was younger than 77. He can bid the highest depends on how bad he wants it. If its not him its because of 22 agenda imo. I want a fancy new crib if he does buy it.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with GIF

Was it over when Mingo bombed Pearl Harbor???

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's the front runner no doubt. Wish he was younger than 77. He can bid the highest depends on how bad he wants it. If its not him its because of 22 agenda imo. I want a fancy new crib if he does buy it.
I am sure the NFL will want a solid and secure succession plan to approve him. Sounds like his son-in-law Greg Penner and daughter Carrie would possibly be that succession plan.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As sad as it's been to see the Bowlen era ending in Broncos Country, I'm glad that we're close to finalizing ownership. Walton's deep pockets and ties to Colorado make him a good fit, in my opinion. Interesting that he's related to Kroenke through marriage. The inner circles of the rich, I guess. A succession plan will be a must, as noted above. I love the fact that bidders are talking to Peyton Manning about having a role. Has anyone heard if Elway's been mentioned? Seems like the John Elway era is also coming to a close with the sale of the team.

Put the sale behind us, get to training camp and open the 2022 season! I can't wait to get this thing going!!

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was pretty much a foregone conclusion when Walton joined the bidding considering how the trust is written. Biggest checkbook wins. Hopefully they are more attentive to their Denver franchise than their relative Kroenke.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be interesting with a new owner. Could be some changes coming, including moving the Stadium out of downtown.

I think the Elway era was over no matter what. I think he was ready to retire.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was pretty much a foregone conclusion when Walton joined the bidding considering how the trust is written. Biggest checkbook wins. Hopefully they are more attentive to their Denver franchise than their relative Kroenke.
Even though Kroenke isn’t the technical owner of the Avs and Nuggets(his wife is but we all know it’s him) those franchises are in great shape as he’s very hands off so hopefully Mr. Walton is the same way,

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean the Kroenkes whose team just won the Super Bowl? The one whose team is playing for the Stanley Cup? The same one who owns the Nuggets who are in perhaps their best run of their franchise history?

Yes, the whole dispute with Comcast is distasteful, but I’m not even sure who is more to blame.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean the Kroenkes whose team just won the Super Bowl? The one whose team is playing for the Stanley Cup? The same one who owns the Nuggets who are in perhaps their best run of their franchise history?

Yes, the whole dispute with Comcast is distasteful, but I’m not even sure who is more to blame.
It isn't just the dispute with Comcast, but the overall lack of distribution of games as you can't get them on any streaming service, dish Comcast etc.... It is very hard to get Avs games in the regular season if you live in CO and that pisses me off. It isn't as big of a deal with the Broncos as their content will always be nationally televised.

Don't get it wrong, I am thrilled with Walton as the owner. I think they have enough ties and their pocketbook is certainly deep enough and they clearly know how to manage successful businesses.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't just the dispute with Comcast, but the overall lack of distribution of games as you can't get them on any streaming service, dish Comcast etc.... It is very hard to get Avs games in the regular season if you live in CO and that pisses me off. It isn't as big of a deal with the Broncos as their content will always be nationally televised.

Don't get it wrong, I am thrilled with Walton as the owner. I think they have enough ties and their pocketbook is certainly deep enough and they clearly know how to manage successful businesses.
What will be interesting to see is what role Penner plays. Walton is 77 and Penner is really the long term owner. I have no idea what his sports knowledge might be.

Josh Kroenke, I think, has done a really good job learning and running the Avs and Nuggets. But we know he at least had a sports background as he played college basketball at Mizzou. Will Penner stay in his role with WalMart or will he transition to the Broncos FO? All I know is that he and his wife bought 4 lots in Cherry Creek recently which I assume means they are planning on building a mansion here.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree but, maybe Sakic is reason for Avs success more so vs KSE. I'm thrilled having the richest owner in NFL. I do wonder if this opens door to a new Broncos/Nuggets/Avs complexes in the next 3-5 years. Where would you want them around Elitches or DIA where would it be best for the fans location wise?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been involved in enough bids to know there are almost always surprises at the end. I assume there is a timeline involved. If you have a surprise, you deliver it near the close of bidding so the biggest wallet can't respond. If you're the biggest wallet you need to make sure your bid is higher than any potential surprise.

I must admit I surely don't understand this bid process involving "rounds of bidding."

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been involved in enough bids to know there are almost always surprises at the end. I assume there is a timeline involved. If you have a surprise, you deliver it near the close of bidding so the biggest wallet can't respond. If you're the biggest wallet you need to make sure your bid is higher than any potential surprise.

I must admit I surely don't understand this bid process involving "rounds of bidding."
I bet Walton had an idea who bidders were and how much they could max bid and he came to 4.65 B Round of bidding was weird I kind of expected it like live stock bidding process. Or did trust say to bidders what number was and others passed.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet Walton had an idea who bidders were and how much they could max bid and he came to 4.65 B Round of bidding was weird I kind of expected it like live stock bidding process. Or did trust say to bidders what number was and others passed.
Yeah - having Walton's number known gives all the other bidders a target. Which means Walton still have reserves to kick in at the last minute.

I still think having a Bowlen add their share in with someone at the last minute would add $465 million to the top of someone's bid in exchange for 11% ownership. That youngest Bowlen daughter would be the most likely one to do that.

If the team stays in Denver - I'd rather have Walton -myself.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they give Manning some type of role with the team because I think he’d be great in a front office position